Advertisement

Ruler of Ascendant in the 12th house

topic posted Tue, April 1, 2008 - 8:44 PM by  SaraH
Share/Save/Bookmark
This tribe's created for us who have our ascendants ruling planet in this house. How has it affected your lives? Have your lives been full of pain and loneliness? Share your thoughts and ideas regarding this matter.

I've personally got Scorpio rising, with Pluto in the 12th house.
posted by:
SaraH
London
Advertisement
  • Re: Ruler of Ascendant in the 12th house

Wed, April 2, 2008 - 12:14 PM
    Me too! Scorpio Rising with Pluto in the 12th... conjunct Venus (in Libra)

Plenty of pain here, especially last few months (nonstop). But plenty of good stuff too.

What do you know about ascendant ruler in 12th house?

Wed, April 2, 2008 - 7:33 PM
      Well, we tend to focus on, and live the life our chart ruler falls under, and this is the description I've found:

Pluto in 12th House

*You have a deep interest in secrets, the underworld or unconscious, and anything hidden and mysterious. Psychoanalysis, investigating your dreams, and other methods of uncovering secrets are very interesting to you. You may be exceptionally perceptive intuitively or psychically. Your emotions and subconscious energies are complex, and periodic transformations and personal crises are sprinkled liberally throughout your lifetime.

Death has played a large part in creating doubt about your abilities. Use private time to examine your present knowledge and skills, and you may find that confidence replaces doubt. You need the quiet moments to build your power.

^Since you have Pluto in your 12th House you may be tempted to repress your emotions, particularly those which have to do with those deep needs which spring from the shadowy side of yourself. You may even have problems with depression or addictive behaviors which create a kind of emotional trap until you learn to delve into the depths of your being and clean out the ghosts and dragons from your past which still haunt your dreams. Old resentments can also act like a potion which poisons your imagination and undermines your ability to trust your inner self. Once you've conquered your own demons, you may feel driven to help others confront their own, and can become an extremely effective healer.

Thu, April 3, 2008 - 7:16 AM
        I know the Liliths has been trasiting Scorpio over the last few months.
        Scorpio Asc here too. though Pluto is in 10th.

Now is a time to experience and face the dark sides of life.
        this is a good time to incorporate the shadows,
        doing something creative helps to balence this energy.

Thu, April 3, 2008 - 7:19 AM
          P.S. curiosity sake. were is your Asc. Deg. mine is mid sign 16 deg. the heavyest time for me was a few months ago, when the Liliths were mid sign.
          • Unsu...

Re: Ruler of Ascendant in the 12th house

Mon, April 14, 2008 - 11:52 AM

Cancer rising, Moon in the 12th.

Lonelinessss, yes. Which is a burden as well as a blessing.
            Loneliness, or rather aloneness, can be heaven.
            But lately it's been driving me crazy.

Wed, April 16, 2008 - 2:18 PM
              Here's another description which sounded really true 2 me:

Pluto

With Pluto in the 12th House consciousness is opening up to a power which can 'will into being'. Pluto in H12 has access to the Creator’s power and the purposes to which he will use it will reflect his level of development: he can manifest what he lusts after or he can will into being what he knows to be of benefit to mankind. For whatever he brings into being he will be held directly responsible.

A person with this placement of Pluto frequently knows much cruelty and abuse in childhood, be it of a physical, emotional or mental kind, and the perpetrators are usually the parents or guardians who have power over the child by virtue of their custodial role. From them the child has little opportunity to escape at the physical level and in order to get away he forces open a shutter in the mind which gives him access to enormous psychic power.

It is the law of the 12th House that for what is denied at the physical level is compensated at the immaterial.

The power of a person with Pluto in H12 is most readily evidenced by their often unconscious use of what has become known in New Age circles as Creative Visualisation: if he can hold an image or picture an outcome and give it his emotional energy he can bring it into being.

When used consciously, Pluto in H12 gives a person great charisma and the ability to make others into the agents of the outworking of his will. The responsibilities of this are enormous and the karma incurred through the use of the power conferred by Pluto in H12 is unlikely to be burned off in the course of a single lifetime. A person with this placement, if he is to work consciously with his powers, needs to be able to recognise and resist the voice of his desire nature.
              • Unsu...

Wed, April 1, 2009 - 10:31 AM
                But then I wonder, doesn't everyone have this power?

We all learn from early on, that "if you really believe in something, it'll come true." Even those who do not have pluto in the 12th house can make it work. Besides, I don't want to believe that everything I've achieved so far happened just because I have pluto in my 12th house because I worked hard for everything I've achieved so far.

Where does emotional energy and your actual effort begin? How can you know if you're wasting "karma" energy or your "actual" energy? How do you define that?

Sun, April 27, 2008 - 11:02 AM
              i'm a cancer rising with my moon in the 12th too, I just recently decided to start looking stuff up on this, I was always aware of my moon being in the 12th house, and then all of a sudden was like wait! thats my charts ruler! ... gotta be more behind the scene stuff going on.. hmm..
              i also just found out that there's been a moon opposite saturn transit going on for a while now... don't know if its still transiting or what... but that could be the reason for the loneliness/aloneness driving you crazy lately.. and i totally agree with you btw. ::sighs:: ::hugs::
      • ryk
        ryk
        offline 1

Sun, April 20, 2008 - 1:07 AM
        thank you for this post, sarah,
        I have pluto in 12 too, and scorpio rising.
        What's definitely true for me is the importance of the subconscious and dreams. I learnt to rely on my dreams, because they often show me the way to go, and also they just solve conflicts I had when I went to bed. Often, what seems to be very difficult in my daytime is simplified to very archaic themes like sex, fear, violence, death, jealousy, love, transcendence, and they are then either just solved or brought into my next day so I can handle them.
        There are recurring themes in my dreams though of which I can't figure out a sense yet. They're frightening me indeed.
        So I would say, pluto in 12 can scare you. Your job is to find the key, the underlying theme to your dreams or habits; with pluto in 12, you should have no problem with that.
        xxx
        • Unsu...

Sat, May 10, 2008 - 3:07 PM
          Is it common/normal to have one's ascendant ruler in the 12th house?

I'm a Sag asc with Jupiter in 12th.

Sat, May 10, 2008 - 3:48 PM
            the odds are 1:12

you win the abundant spirit prize
            • Unsu...

Sat, May 10, 2008 - 4:15 PM
              <Gasp! Stunned.> Thank you, thank you. Gosh... I'd like to dedicate this award to all the little people and...and...the big people who've <thinking>...and, of course, THE ONE...who've made it possible for me to be here today. *I'm so excited!* Thank you! Thank you so much! I <sigh> am honoured.
            • Unsu...

Sun, June 15, 2008 - 2:12 AM
              Yes, but this is astrology... the odds are skewed. Most births happen late in the year, not Jan/Feb/March. It's not pure science.
              • Unsu...

Sun, June 15, 2008 - 2:16 AM
                Oh, and I forgot... one day in the car I channelled this one. "With Pluto in 12th, our dreams come true, but so do our nightmares."

Sat, February 7, 2009 - 11:20 PM
                  This seems very true to me,
                  I am a scorpio rising with pluto in the 12th and i can manifest and dream like its no ones buisiness,
                  i named my son before i hit puberty. (cancer sun)
                  but everytime i have a bad feeling about something wallah it happens,
                  and sometimes i wonder whether i am sensing the future or creating it because the feelings i have when i am sensing that something will happen are different than the ones that i have when i am creating. hmm... just wondering,
  • Unsu...

Tue, February 10, 2009 - 2:42 PM
    Well I can only speak for myself, and say no to my life being full of pain.

I got a Virgo Rising, with Virgo Moon in 12th. Mercury is in Cancer, 10th.
    12th house is ruled by Leo w/Sun in Cancer, 10th.

Cancer ruled by the Moon...... So I am halfway there!

It has always been a bit backwards. Seems the universe wanted me to help others figure out their emotional turmoil. I had already experienced near death at 4. Lots of emotional dilemma's I was placed in when I was a young tiger. It caused allot of confusion at the time, but sparked lots of self-evaluation. I can remember being a baby, and frustrated that I could understand others but couldn't talk yet. I believe the 12th house Moon had made me emotionally self-contained and insulated character, who would rather be a Victor then a Victee. I'm a survivor! No time to dwell in self-pity, or punish myself for others actions. I don't play the victim card.

Having 2 Sag Parents, Leo Sister, Aries Brother...... I was not allowed to be my own brand of emotions persay. The fire burnt me out.

I grew up, and moved out. Last few years have been bliss, pure heaven!

Its all character building though.....................

I like that I got a 12th house Moon. It has proven itself in the long run. Only way I can relate it towards my Mother is that she has been working for a Catholic hospital as her only job since she was 18. She isn't cold or distant..... Just the oldest of 7. I see it as having an unconscious connection to the collective! I got the entire universe right in front of me, as Neptune is in my 4th house.

You come, and fall into my world :)

I live and breathe rational thought. Ideas and attitudes stay inside me while they are mixed, simmered, cooked and digested. They are then served up, full blown. “This is what I think about it, period, paragraph.” You may question me for you own edification; you may discuss things with me to improve your understanding but under no circumstances may you belittle my ideas because I have turned myself wrong-side-out already and I can not take the rejection of my naked brain. You see my emotion is not in what I say but in what I don’t say, not in my idea per se but in the process I went through to come up with it. You are supposed to think it’s easy to reveal myself. My security is in hiding behind my righteous intellect.

Wed, February 11, 2009 - 3:29 PM
      I have Virgo rising virgo moon and virgo pluto in my 12th. Kind of had the same experiences as you.Near death especially and I remember being an infant too strange of a world we lived in. I moved out at 18 and never went back. I am a survivor! And I also have a difficult time explaining myself its not easy being green when the world around you is black and white.

Sat, July 18, 2009 - 12:25 AM
    hello
    i got scorpio rising, with pluto-saturn-mars in my H12, all in conjunction.
    is it a dreadful combination, or what?
    thank god i got jupiter in my H1.

Wed, July 22, 2009 - 8:37 PM
      I have Sun and Mars conjunct in the 12th and Scorpio Rising, so I guess one of the rising sign's rulers. I never really noticed it too much. Mostly I see my Scorpio Rising at 0 00 which is very similar to the Pluto in the 12th readings but so is my Pluto Moon for that matter. Overall, Pluto and Scorpio have a powerful effect on my chart to the point they almost obliterate any Libra in me. It's always been that way. I remember too much, all of it from the time I was two, experienced too much cruelty and escaped into my own mind (which I totally love and wouldn't trade for anything). So is that rising sign ruler in the 12th, Scorpio Rising or Neptune in the 1st house in Scorpio sitting conjunct my ascendant? It could be any of those or many more things in my chart.

Mon, June 14, 2010 - 1:12 AM
    Ruler of the 1st House in the 12th House

While shy in youth, as you mature you tend to find ways of handling and masking your sensitivity. Your intuition is strong, and you naturally understand that there are hidden forces in life that influence the daily goings-on. You tend to always be seeking something higher--such as a greater meaning or understanding of life and your place or purpose in it. There is something mysterious and private to your aura. At times, you may feel a lot of anxiety. Although you are capable of being alone, sometimes loneliness consumes you and vague doubts and fears haunt you. You are a perceptive person, and managing your deep sensitivity is something that can be a lifelong task.
    • Unsu...

Mon, June 14, 2010 - 7:33 PM
      Wow...I am so stunned. You nailed me--I am Taurus Rising with Venus in the 12th house. The loneliness is palpable sometimes, even when surrounded by others. Funny thing is, I actually crave alone time and escape too.

Tue, October 12, 2010 - 3:33 PM
    I am a Gemini rising with Mercury in Gemini in the 12th house. I am a single mom and raised 2 daughters (both in college now). My oldest daughter is a Libra rising with Venus in Libra in the 12th house. My youngest daughter is Scopio rising 29 degrees with Pluto in Scorpio in the 12th house.

My Mercury in the 12th house allows me to tap into the Universal Consciousness. When I give astrology readings, I continually hear "I was just thinking about that" or "I just had a conversation on that yesterday." I am a systems analyst by day, astrologer by night.

My daughter's Venus in the 12th...she has been in serious, long term relationships since she was 16 years old. Her plan is to become a fashion designer/merchandiser. She has a love of colors, so make up and clothes is how she expresses that creativity. I think she has the ability to channel her creations.

My daughter with Pluto in Scorpio in the 12th...wow, she is intense. Prophetic dreams that she now uses as a tool in her life. She is the keeper of secrets. Her goal is to become a therapist/psychologist, maybe using astrology in her practice. She's already done the 12th house jail thing when she got an MIP and mouth'ed off to the police office who could have just given her a ticket but hauled her into jail for a 4 hour stay (maximum duration for MIP).

I just find it fascinating that me and my 2 daughters have our chart ruler in the 12th house. The beauty is that we are connected in such a deep way because we naturally understand and appreciate the darker sides of ourselves.

Recent topics in "12th House (No Apologies)"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Have you had your planets in someones 12:th house? Unsubscribed 15 November 10, 2014
12th house hidden talant Andromeda 0 November 10, 2014
#1 Dating Site For BBW and their admirers! Angle 0 October 22, 2014
Venus in 12th House and love Mona 65 October 1, 2014