Advertisement

Papa Candelo

topic posted Fri, April 25, 2008 - 11:24 AM by  William
Share/Save/Bookmark
I have real attraction to this Lwa. Can someone give me some information or background, ways to respect...ect.
posted by:
William
New York City
Advertisement
  • Re: Papa Candelo

Fri, April 25, 2008 - 11:55 AM
    OK, There i go, PAPA CANDELO, who´s name is PAPA CANDELO CEDIFE, is a lwa that is represented by the catholic saint San Carlos Borromeo (Saint Charles Borrommeo), is the loa of fire, he can handle fire, he is a doctor, he cures diseases, the same as for the body as for the spirit, it means, he cures spiritual illness. He is the Chief or Boss of a family of loas named "Los Candelos", each one of them, are related with fire, the color red, smokes cigar, drink white rum or klerèn (that´s a kind of rum very popular in Haiti), he also likes roosters, specially if the are red feathered, (gallo colorao) alive or cooked. He is a father figure, but a stricted father, who gives advices to his childs, many times i have seen him and he has the same phrase for me and other persons "Fire purifies". I hope this could help you.

Fri, April 25, 2008 - 5:25 PM
      Thank you so much, I guess my questions tend toward pragmatisms. Such as, what do I feed him? When do I feed him? Are there prayers specific to him? I want to be properly respectful in my worship, so all that info is important, (I don't have to tell you that, these are all things you're very aware of.)

Sun, May 4, 2008 - 1:40 PM
        Well, as i said, roosters are Candelo´s favorite, so you can feed him with grilled roosters. Besides he likes rum, smokes tobacco, wears red scarf, likes red apples. The prayers you can give him are the ones of the catholic saint: Saint Charles Borromeo. The days you can serve him are tuesday and friday. I hope this could help you.

Recent topics in "21 Division"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
feeling very dissapointed:( pablo 2 Yesterday, 6:44 AM
Help needed! Cristal29 0 October 20, 2014
candle broke in half offlineStephanie 4 October 20, 2014
DIA DE SAN MIGUEL 29 de Septiembre!! Bramyl_Jadaa 5 October 13, 2014