Advertisement

general question about elekes.

topic posted Thu, November 25, 2010 - 7:08 AM by  Raphael
Share/Save/Bookmark
hi guys,

wanted to ask a small question here, and hopefully someone will be able to answer it.

well mainly, I havent not done my reading yet, it will be probably next year, but wanted to ask, if the Orisha`s say that Ocha is not my path, is it still possible for me to ask for the collares as means of blessings from the Orisha`s? Or would that be closed from me also?

kindest regards
posted by:
Raphael
Advertisement
  • Re: general question about elekes.

Thu, November 25, 2010 - 12:42 PM
    ALAFIA RAPHAEL WHEN YOU GO FOR YOUR READING IF IN THE READING COMES OUT THAT YOU NEED YOUR COLLARES THEY WILL TELL YOU AND IF IT COMES OUT THAT YOUR PATH IS ???? SO IT WIIL COME OUT AND THEY WILL TELL YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO DO AND WHERE YOU NEED TO DO WHAT EVER YOU GOT TO DO.

Fri, November 26, 2010 - 12:28 AM
      kindest blessings for your answer Orumila!

that was a silly question of mine, I`ll ask a different way also...If someoen lets say doesnt want to go for a reading, and would just like to ask a Santero/a for the Elekes?

can the santero do it? or still a consulta would be in order?

kindest blessings from UK

Fri, November 26, 2010 - 1:37 AM
        NO YOU NEED THE READING BECAUSE IF THERE IS A OSOBO IT NEEDS TO BE TAKEND OFF FIRST BEFORE THEY RECIEVE THE ELEKES. YOU SEE IF THERE IS A OSOBO THAT NEED TO BE TAKEND CARE FIRST AND THEN AFTER THAT IF YOU HAVE ALREADY FOUND YOUR HOUSE THAT SAY YOUR MADRINA OR PADRINO IN THE RELIGION THEY MUST TAKE YOU TO THERE MAIN SAINT ASK WITH COCONUT IF YOU COULDS BE PART OF THERE HOUSE AND IF THE SAINT ACCEPTS THEN COME THE SAME QUESTION TO BABA EGGUN EXCUSE ME THE QUESTION NEED TO BE ASK FIRST TO BABA EGGUN AND THEN THE SAINT IN THE CASE OF A PERSON THAT QUESTION TO THE EGUUNS OF THE PERSON SHOULD BE ASK AND THAT COULD BE ASK IN THE READING SO THAT THE PERSON KNOWS IF THAT HOUSE IS GOING TO BE FOR HIM OR HER.
        THINGS ARE NOT THAT WAYS YOU ASK ; THE READING IS VERY IMPORTANT IN MANY WAYS BECAUSE THERE COULD BE OSOBO THAT COULD BE HIDING AND IT WOULD CREAT PROBLEMS IN THE FUTURE OF THE PERSON IS LIKE WHEN A PERSON GOES TO OSHA THE MADRINA OR PADRINO HAS TO DO A READING WITH THERE CORRESPONDED PADRINOS AND TO SEE WHAT DOES THAT PERSON IS GOING TO BRING THEM IF THEY DO THE SANTO TO THAT PERSON AOMETIME THAT PERSON COULD TAKE THE LIFE OF THERE MADRINA OR PADRINO OR BRING A BAD LETTER IN THE ITA OF SANTO AND THAT LETTER JUMP TO THE MADRINA OR PADRINO AND THEN THEY HAVE TO RUN TO DO THINGS TO TAKE THAT BAD LETTER OFF. THIS IS A EXAMPLE THAT I SAY TO YOU SO THAT YOU SEE IS VERY IMPORTANT TO DO READING EVEN IF SOME PEOPLE THINK IS A WAESTE OF TIME IM NOT SAYING YOU DO BUT I KNOW THAT SOME PEOPLE THINK THAT WAY.THA READING IS VERY BUT VERY IMPORTANT IN MANY SITUATION AND VERY MUCH IN DIFFRENT LEVELS.
        BE FOR YOU GET YOUR ELEKES YOU MUST ASK YOUR EGGUNS IN THE READING IF THEY ACCEPT FIRST IF THEY WANT FOR YOU BE IN THAT HOUSE AND THEN AFTER THAT IF WHO IS DOING THE READING IS THE PERSON WHO WAS CHOOSE SO THAT PERSON HAS TO TAKE YOU INFRONT OF THERE EGGUNS AND SEE IF THE EGGUNS WANT SOMETHING LIKE A ADIMU AND ASK IF THEY ACCEPT YOUR EGGUNS TO BE PART OF THERE HOUSE AND THEN TAKE YOU INFRONT OF THERE OSHA AND ASK IF THEY WANT SOMETHING ALSO BEFIRE THEY ASK THE QUESTION REMEMBER THE ADIMU HAS TO BE PUT FIRST AND THEN THE QUESTION COME NEXT I HOPE I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION AND IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND PLEASE LET ME KNOW MUCH BLESSING TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAPPY THANKS GIVING.
      • Unsu...

Re: general question about elekes.

Fri, November 26, 2010 - 12:59 PM
        Raphael,

What "Orumila" is describing is pretty much correct. However, the most visible and public Olorisha/Santero/a's in the UK stem from a lineage that do not adhere to the steps that have been outlined here by "Orumila".

They way they do it in the UK: They will insist that you have an Ita with Eleggua. They will feed Eleggua a goat, let him cool off and the next day you will get a reading. You may receive "ewe" or prohibitions that they insist will last for the rest of your life. They will clean you of any Osogbo/negativity and the following day you will receive the Elekes. There are many problems with this methodology, all of which I won't get into here. The biggest one is that they will also try to ascertain who you're Guardian Orisha is. This is a job only for Babalawos to perform.

The correct way to receive the Elekes is to let Diloggun (or the Orisha during a reading with shells) indicate this is a ceremony you need.

Now - if you are going to ask an Olorisha if you can be a part of their Ile, or house of worship, you need to bring 2 white plates, 2 white candles and 2 coconuts to that Olorisha and they will ask their Guardian Orisha if this is acceptable. Bare in mind the answer can be NO! And whatever the answer, it is final.

I am not sure why Orumila said they have to ask "Baba Egun" anything. As Baba Egun is another name for the Orisha "Oro or Orun". And not many men (as only men can receive this Orisha) in the UK or USA have this Orisha, especially Olorisha or Santero's. The Olorisha's Egun would be invoked and invited to answer when the Olorisha questions his Guardian Orisha if you can be a part of their house. All prayers and invocations start out with asking the ancestors/Egun for their input and guidance.

If this way of life is a path that is not meant for you, then there would be no need to receive the Elekes to begin with.

Sun, November 28, 2010 - 1:34 AM
          WELL SEAN IF YOU KNOW THAT BABA EGGUN COME FIRST AT EVERYTHING IN THIS RELIGION AND EVERYBODY IN THIS WORLD HAS THERE SPIRITES AND I THINK THERE IS LOGIC TO WHERE EVERYONE HAS TO COUNT WITH EGGUN FIRST BECAUSE IF THERE GOING TO BE ANY ACTIVITY IN OSHA ALWAYS BABA EGGUN OF THE PERSON AND THE BABA EGGUN OF THE FUTURE PADRINO OR MADRINA HAS A SAYING IN ALL MATTERS THAT WOULD BE FIRST IN EVERYTHING AND EVEN MORE BEFORE ELEGUA COME BABA EGGUN AND BABA EGGUN COME FIRST BEFORE ANY ORISHA OR OSHA . YOU DONT HAVE TO HAVE A ITA AND FEED ELEGUA A GOAT TO ASK BABA EGGUN AND THE OSHA TO FIND OUT IF THAT PERSON COULD BE PART OF THERE HOUSE HOLD I DONT KNOW WHY SEAN YOUR SAYING THAT THAT IS NOT TRUE. AND ALSO A PEACE OF INFORMATION TO YOU SEAN AND EVERYONE ELSE WHEN YOU FEED ANY SAINT YOU DONT GET TO TALK TO THE SAINT THE NEXT DAY IT WILL BE ON THE THIRD DAY. AND ANOTHER THING YES THRU IFA IN A REDING YES ORUMILA COULD SAY YOU MUST RECIEVE THE ELEKES AND THEN COME THE OTHER OPERACION TO GO IN FRONT OF THE OSHA BUT FIRST BABA EGGUN AND I DONT MEAN ORO OR ORUN. IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT..

Sun, November 28, 2010 - 1:40 AM
            AND SOMETHING ELSE THE QUESTION DOES'NT HAVE TO BE WITH THE DILOGGUN IS WITH THE COCONUTS THAT THE PERSON BRINGS THAT IS WHY THE TWO WHITE PLATE THE TWO COCNUTS AND THE TWO CANDELS AND A PEACE OF CLOTH OF THE COLOR OF THE MAIN SAINT OF THAT HOUSE AND ALSO HAS TO BE UN DERECHO SOME MONEY JUST IN CASE THE OSHA ASK FOR ANYTHING TO CLEAN THE PERSON AND TAKE OUT THE OSOBO.....

Recent topics in "THE SCIENCE OF IFA"