Advertisement

Grackle

topic posted Sat, March 12, 2011 - 8:08 AM by 
Share/Save/Bookmark
Some grackles are visiting our yard today.....they are sooooooo beautiful. They are black, and yet their feathers are irridescent, reflecting some lovely colors....blues, greens, purples, and even a bronze color. They seem to be very interactive and I'm really enjoying watching them outside!

They are a kind of blackbird, so here's the spiritual meaning of blackbird:

Blackbird's Wisdom Includes:

* Connection to the water plant kingdom
* Doing trance work
* Use of camouflage in protection of family
* Ability to sway with the winds of change

www.animalspirits.com/index37.html

It's the irridescence that is attracting me to these birds..........I love the way their feathers reflect the light.........
posted by:
Advertisement
  • Re: Grackle

Sat, March 12, 2011 - 7:44 PM
    I remember back in the day when I saw them come into our yard "En Masse" and the Robins would get into a snit ! Eehee ! Hee ! Hee ! Thanks for the memories !

Sun, March 13, 2011 - 8:44 AM
      Yes, Perry....but then, robins get into a snit about almost anything! ;-)

Today, the grackles are gone. They've moved on. I'm so thankful they stopped here and gave me a lovely sight.......... ;-)

Sun, March 13, 2011 - 4:46 PM
        Yes they are so striking. I look forward to their return in our northerly climes this Spring. :-)

Tue, March 15, 2011 - 8:42 AM
          Hi Maggie, we have Grackles from Spring to early Winter (if the winter comes in easy)...they make homes in Great Grandaddy Oak (and other old huge trees) and they have the very first nest with babies. I get to sit and watch them carry food back and forth. I will throw out some birdseed for them everyday. They love sunflower seeds ! I like the way they get together in dance....that's what I call it when they strut around...probably a mating dance of sorts.
          Walk in Beauty,
          Perizada

Wed, March 16, 2011 - 8:04 AM
            Aw, that's so wonderful, Peri! Maybe some of the grackles who stopped in our yard will be seeing you, too! :-)

Here's something I found of the Celtic meaning of "blackbirds"---

"Blackbird (Druid-dhubh, Lon Dubh):

Legend says that the birds of Rhiannon are three blackbirds, which sit and sing in the World Tree of the Otherworlds. Their singing puts the listener in to a sleep or trance which enables her/him to go to the Otherworlds. It was said to impart mystic secrets."

www.joellessacredgrove.com/Celt....html

The thing is, I didn't hear the grackles "singing" at all. They were making a gutteral sound......."ehhhhhh!" :-)

Recent topics in "Sacred Animal Spirit Guides"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Short and Sweet Questionnaire 0 June 16, 2014
Frogs of Fantasy 0 April 14, 2014
What does the FOX say? 0 March 10, 2014
Bird Spiritual qualities 1 November 16, 2013