Advertisement

Eros in signs and houses

topic posted Sun, June 17, 2012 - 12:12 PM by  SaggiMC
Share/Save/Bookmark
Eros in the Signs

“The Asteroid Eros can shed some light on some of our erotic turn-ons. In mythology, Eros was the god of sexual love and desire. He was considered irresistible. In Roman mythology, Eros was known as Cupid. "In Greek art Eros was depicted as a winged youth, slight but beautiful, often with eyes covered to symbolize the blindness of love. Sometimes he carried a flower, but more commonly the silver bow and arrows, with which he shot darts of desire into the bosoms of gods and men." (Encarta Encyclopedia)
Eros overpowers the mind with love and sex. Eros represents sexual objectification, passion and desire, and creativity.

Eros in the Signs.
Eros in Aries. ( in )These people instinctively and quickly become infatuated. Their sexual attractions are formed quickly and they get off on the sensations of the moment in an intense manner. These lovers may seem a little erratic to others, simply because their passions rise and fall so quickly. They are not as giving and emotional in their sexual expression, but they are passionate while it lasts. Eros in Aries people are attached to the sensations of the moment and may see their partner as an object, or an extension of themselves. They often prefer to do the pursuing in relationships and may be addicted to the conquest.

Eros in Taurus. ( in )These are highly sensual lovers who may seek to own their partners. Sexual possessiveness is often an issue with these lovers, and, unlike Eros in Aries, competition is not a turn-on. These lovers can be somewhat primitive in their desires and not as attracted to too much sexual intricacy. Plenty of masturbation is likely, although these lovers tend to be most unhappy without a steady partner. Their sexual natures are rooted in the senses.

Eros in Gemini. ( in )These lovers are sexually curious and interested. They like to be knowledgeable in sexual matters, and often are turned on by the written and spoken word. They may write letters to their lover, or enjoy writing and reading erotica. Because it is difficult for these lovers to turn their minds off during sex, there is a voyeur within the person during sexual expression, and it may be difficult for these lovers to simply "let go". Many Eros in Gemini individuals enjoy talking, and being talked to, during sex.

Eros in Cancer. ( in )There is a need to infuse emotional care and nurture into the sex act. When the self-image is low, these lovers may use others as sexual objects, probably as a result of their fear of rejection. The breasts are a big turn-on, and many are orally fixated, and some may be attracted to a domination theme. When the self-image is stronger, intimacy and warmth are powerful stimulants. Eros in Cancer lovers seek to achieve psychic and emotional renewal through sex. They can be very intuitive bed partners. Sexual possessiveness is often an issue. Sometimes, these lovers want their partner to be relatively chaste, but they don't have the same standards for themselves. These lovers often fall in love with their sexual partners.

Eros in Leo. ( in )Fantasies for Eros in Leo often revolve around their partner's desire for them. These lovers generally get off on what they believe their sex partner must be feeling about them. They can put a lot of time into autoerotic behavior, and are often given to much flirtation and many infatuations. Nevertheless, they can be more loyal than most. Eros in Leo lives for love and attraction. They are threatened when passion settles down in their relationships. They feel the need to keep passion alive, and when it settles in a relationship, they can be addicted to flirting with other people in order to feel alive and potent. Eros in Leo lovers have a big ego investment in their relationships.

Eros in Virgo. ( in )Earthiness and intellectuality combine in Eros in Virgo. These lovers are sensual, especially when they are not thinking too much. Because of the tendency for Virgo to think and analyze, however, there can be a tendency to be one's own voyeur during sex. Vicarious enjoyment of sex is often highlighted with this placement. A meeting of minds is important to Eros in Virgo. These are somewhat moody lovers who may have distinct phases between promiscuity and celibacy. Virgo is very connected with--and aware of--the body and its functioning, and Eros in Virgo often seeks renewal through sex, with an attitude that sex is healthy and good for you. These are generally sensitive and tender lovers who do a lot to please their partners. Some awkwardness and shyness in terms of letting themselves go is often characteristic of this position. Virgo's symbol is the Virgin. This should not be taken literally, although when Virgo is connected to the sexual nature, there is a sense of purity and independence. These lovers can be promiscuous at times, and quite kinky, but emerge from their experiences with a sense of purity nevertheless.

Eros in Libra. ( in )This is a rather flirtatious and charming position of Eros. Libra's tendency toward a "tit for tat" attitude shows up as a desire for equality on a sexual level, but in practice, Eros in Libra lovers often forget their own sexual needs because they are focusing on those of their partner. Communication is sexy to these lovers. These people can be hopelessly addicted to all of the "trappings" of falling in love, so much so that when a relationship settles, it may seem boring. Highly romantic and charming, Eros in Libra people enjoy the social "game" surrounding making connections with lovers, and they can be quite seductive.

Eros in Scorpio. ( in )This is an especially erotic position of Eros. These lovers can be addicted to the thrill of getting to know a person inside and out, and to the power of love and sex. Intensity is important to these lovers. They don't just want their partner's body, they want a bit of their soul as well! This position suggests very little fear in the area of sexual intimacy, and these lovers will pretty much do anything and everything with a willing partner. They are passionate, and the more intense the relationship is, the better. Animal magnetism is high, probably because these people think about sex and intimacy a whole lot, and others may sense their intensity. They can easily get under your skin, tapping into others' desires.

Eros in Sagittarius. ( in )These lovers have an enthusiastic and exuberant appeal. Sex is meant to be fun for Eros in Sagittarius, and some roughhousing and plenty of hearty laughs are turn-ons. Sexuality is sometimes viewed as if it were a sport by these people. They may surprise you with a very open and almost innocent attitude toward sex and intimacy. Sex is a bit of a game, and how this attitude is received will depend a lot on the audience! There can be a bit of an addiction to the chase, and avoidance of intimacy when it feels restricting in any way. Tenderness and romance are not the kinds of expressions that come as easily to these lovers. Laughter and fun are aphrodisiacs for this position of Eros. Sexual exploration and freedom are important, as well as a need for sexual honesty—sex without the frills and trappings that these lovers may find to be unnatural and even dishonest. Eros in Sagittarius can show up as passion for knowledge, hunger for new experiences, and a love of travel and exploring new lands and cultures.

Eros in Capricorn. ( in )These natives are sensual and earthy in their sexual desires. The libido is strong, but controlled. Saturn-ruled Capricorn is a sign that likes to be in control—not necessarily in control of others, but in control of themselves. Many Eros in Capricorn people channel much of their desire nature into accomplishing something significant.

Eros in Aquarius. ( in )These lovers are intrigued by the unusual, finding variety exciting. The detachment of Aquarius can mean finding sensuality in non-contact scenarios in addition to contact ones. Sexual creativity is one of the strengths of this position. Their open minds with regards to sex can stimulate creativity in their partner.

Eros in Pisces. ( in )There is a chameleon in this position of Eros, as these lovers are very adaptable to their partner. This is not to say these lovers don't have sexual preferences or possess a strong identity. Instead, the Pisces compassion, and ability to understand and accept virtually every color of the rainbow shows through in a sexual/romantic way. They tend to be most comfortable and at ease when their partner is expressing him or herself confidently. This position also suggests a passion for Pisces-ruled subjects.

Eros in Aspect.

When Eros is prominent in the chart (for example, if Eros is conjunct the Ascendant, or if it conjuncts the Sun, Moon, Venus, or Mars), Eros themes are strong in the individual's life. Often, the individual oozes sexuality in some way. The mind is often focused on sex and infatuation.
Sexual Astrology: Eros

Astrology of Sex: Eros in the Natal chart Sexuality & Astrology

How can we interpret a person's sexual nature using their natal chart? Because sexuality is complex, there isn't a simple formula for determining an individual's sexual preferences, fantasies, and styles of sexual expression. Although instinct certainly plays a role, human sexuality is made complex by our intelligence and the role of society, as sexuality is primarily a social behavior. Reproduction is certainly a function of our sexuality, but humans do not engage in sexual behavior to reproduce alone.

A major element of our sexuality comes under the domain of Mars. The sign and house position of Mars in our natal charts, as well as the aspects Mars makes with other planets and points, gives us some insight into our personal sexual style. However, Venus, the planet of love, romance, and pleasure, plays a role as well. The Moon, representing our emotional nature, affects our sexuality. In fact, as sexuality is a powerful motivator and is part of our identities, we can safely say that all of our planets and points have something to do with our sexuality in some way.

When exploring the astrology of sexuality, I keep in mind that the entire chart of an individual is involved, but there are some factors that tend to play a larger role than others.
Namely:

Mars. The sign of Mars shows us the style in which we express our sexual nature.

Venus. The sign of Venus shows us some of the important "trappings" and foreplay that helps us get in the mood for sex.

Moon. The sign of our Moon shows us some of our underlying emotional needs that may express themselves as sexual fantasies and needs.

Eros. The sign position of the Asteroid, Eros, can reveal some of our erotic turn-ons, as well as the level of our erotic nature".
www.cafeastrology.com/eros.html

cafeastrology.com/erosephem...eroid.html
posted by:
SaggiMC
Advertisement
  • Re: Eros in signs and houses

Sun, June 17, 2012 - 12:24 PM
    “Eros brings beauty, meaning and divinity into our lives. It comes to us through a very particular epiphany, a passionate inspiration present in a particular lover, teacher, melody, or landscape. We long to follow it always. But this is not the whole story. For Eros also brings us obsessions, cruelty, abandonment, and betrayal. It may come through anguish."--Harriet Eisman

Eros is the god of erotic love. Knowledge of its position by sign can give you insight into how you individually express your erotic and romantic impulses, and the type of sexual and romantic chemistry that is generated between you and another.

In accessing our sexuality through astrology, it must be noted that we are complex sexual beings. And in astrology I would take into consideration the entire chart of an individual. Although a major element of our sexuality can be defined by Mars- the planet of raw energy and our sex drive, its placement and relationship to other planets. Venus is an important companion to Mars as their polarities make for a nice smooth blend within us. Mar is aggressive while Venus relates to the soft elements of romance, pleasure and love. Other factors are our intelligence, social conditioning and societal influence.

Mars. The sign of Mars shows us the style in which we express our sexual nature.
    Venus. The sign of Venus shows us some of the important "trappings" and foreplay that helps us get in the mood for sex.
    Moon. The sign of our Moon shows us some of our underlying emotional needs that may express themselves as sexual fantasies and needs.
    Eros. The sign position of the Asteroid, Eros, can reveal some of our erotic turn-ons, as well as the level of our erotic nature.

Eros' forms are many and sometimes terrible, and in full strength he comes to us winged and gleaming and muscled like an athlete, with a fury and will that overpower our own and drive us before him as would a storm. --Peter Marin

Eros in Aries
    Eros in Aries says, "Play with me, right here and right now!" In this sign, Eros wants action, competition, confrontation and of course, he wants to win! Eros in Aries can make a game of love complete with points to score and visiting teams to defeat! The more impossible the relationship, the more ardent he becomes.
    As the first of the FIRE signs, he spends and consumes tremendous amounts of energy in the pursuit and capture of his quarry. All this fiery rabidity makes Eros in Aries a very active and perpetually busy lover. Eros here, whether in the chart of a male or female, can exhibit traditional romantic behavior not unlike a knight of old. He is robust, gallant and ever dashing off to slay dragons or rescue damsels, or helpless men, in distress.

Eros in Taurus
    This way, my love, this way, come here and haste to rest the whole night in my arms. I worship your lovely curly hair; I am consumed with ardent desire. Oh! Eros, in thy mercy, compel him to my bed. --Aristophanes
    Eros in Taurus says "Hold me, touch me, kiss me, take me." Here Eros has little interest in the aggressive ardency of Aries. Taurus is not responsive to getting up at
    This pleasure-seeking eye of the bull is ever on the niceties of sensuality whether they be in the dinning room, on the massage table or in a king size bed. He finds joy in tangible pursuits that revolve around making the body feel good as well as the pleasure of acquisition. Taurus can also become ferociously possessive of those pleasures in an extremely dogmatic way.

Eros in Gemini
    …and the most beautiful words ever spoken, I have not yet said to you. --Nazim Hikmet
    Eros in Gemini says, "If you want me, talk to me!" Here Eros thrives on the interaction of ideas, and the intellectual stimulation found in sharing observations, data and little understood facts. He likes it known how well he comprehends a subject and how much he could teach about it. Eros in Gemini wants to hear the words, or receive little cards with messages of love, much more than he wants to get a box of chocolates or even a massage!

Gemini governs the realm of the mind, the known universe, its facts and fancies. When Eros dresses in this outfit, he seeks intimacy first through intellectual rapport and that usually means talking. The mere act of communication can stimulate this position of Eros into desires for deeper intimacy and union, provided one listens to the discourse. The beloved’s inattention to detail or loss of concentration on the subject kills a genuine pursuit faster here than in any other sign.
    Curiosity about how things work, why people behave in a certain way, or where some tradition began all contribute to the stimulating mental atmosphere where Eros in Gemini likes to live. He uses knowledge as a lure, his mind as bait and his wit as reward. He also uses these intellectual instruments as a bastion against the pain and suffering of the emotional world.

The first of the AIR signs, Eros in Gemini has a sense of mental objectivity and a distinct need for space. Although drawn irrefutably to the depths of intimacy by the nature of Eros itself, in this sign he may at times do more talking or reading about emotional closeness than going out and experiencing it.

Eros in Cancer
    A mean young man meets a witch, who says she will be his lover forever if he brings her the heart of his mother. He runs home, kills his mother and cuts out her heart. As he is running back through the forest, he trips and falls, dropping the heart. In a concerned tone, the heart says to him, "Son, did you hurt yourself?" --Old Jewish Parable

Eros in Cancer says, "share your joy and pain with me". In this sign, Eros experiences a certain measure of affinity and ease. Here the boundaries can dissolve into a space of intimate rapport where the feelings, emotions, fears, pains and sorrows of two people merge and mingle into one. In cancer, Eros does not hesitate at the threshold of erotic intimacy. Once inside, he simply never wants to leave.

Eros in Cancer longs to be wanted and he craves the significant other’s attention and deep need for attachment. Nurturing, sustaining and mothering all arise with this archetype creating a potent link that can enhance life as well as strangle it to death. It is the image of the umbilical cord that offers succor but may also become toxic if it is not severed at the necessary time.

Eros in Leo
    Call me a she-lion, then, if you like and Scylla, dweller on the Tuscan cliff. For I have touched your heart in the vital spot. --Euripides
    Eros in Leo says, "watch me, follow me, worship me". The operant word in this phrase is me. Eros in Leo is similar to his fiery counterpart Aries in the desire for action although here Leo’s need diverges in its tremendous longing for attention and adoration. Where Aries likes a playmate and wants, of course, to be first, Leo needs the devotional attention and unfailing love of those who touch his life. Unfortunately, this is often just what he feels is missing.

Eros in this position has a strong desire to feel special, unique and distinctive. The second of the FIRE signs, Eros in Leo requires energy and returns it in playful abundance as well. He dazzles in the spot-light of admiration and gives priority to the creative, artistic side of life.

Eros in Virgo
    ..how can I find a path towards my soul's real nature that begins right here where I am shipwrecked, rather than in pious hopes for a perfect life? --Harriet Eisman

Eros in Virgo says, "hold me, touch me, buy me things, and explain to me why you are doing it." This second of the EARTH signs has all the tangible desires of Taurus with the added propensity to analyze intentions and rate them on a scale of one to ten. These discriminating qualities of Virgo can come to the fore with a check list approach to romantic love.

Virgo has tremendous perceptions and is not a sign to hesitate using them on the beloved. Sometimes this can equate with judgments and criticism, real wet blankets for erotic experiences. This perceptiveness can also turn inward were it manifests as a self-criticism, an equally damaging trait. An inclination to carry out a running commentary on the attributes and failings of any given moment may mingle with passion like oil and water.

Eros in Virgo does have a very lusty and luscious desire nature that shares an affinity with epithemia. The material elements of life appraise high on the scale of importance and that means physical contact, physical nurturing and physical pleasure. They can abide a great deal of touching, tasting and sensing too. Eros here is not afraid to get close and stay close, if the special other turns out to be good enough.

Eros in Libra
    Eros, god of love, distilling liquid desire down upon the eyes, bringing sweet pleasure to the souls of those against whom you make war, never to me may you show yourself to my hurt nor ever come but in due measure and harmony.----Euripides
    Eros in Libra says, "share the elegant beauty of life with me!" This Eros wants above all to participate with a significant other in many splendid activities. Libra is the sign of personal one-to-one relationships and Eros here has all the longings for the excellence and refinement that exemplify Libra. In this position, life needs to unfold pleasantly and in the company of a beloved other.

Being the second of the AIR signs, Eros in Libra has the ability to objectify life, and enjoys the communication of ideas. Talking , interpreting, counseling and the giving and receiving of feedback all rate high on the list of Libra’s good times. This is a refined position for Eros, a sign that inherently honors the social niceties of the times and enjoys the sophistication of good manners and pleasant exchange. Unless, of course, they are flipping into their antagonistic side. Then, from Libra erupts the disputing debater or Devil’s advocate par excellent!

Eros in Scorpio
    Come to me, and I shall be the sun round which you are locked in orbit,and my rays shall lay bare the secrets you keep from each other, and I, who possess charms and powers of which you have no inkling, shall control and possess and destroy you!" -- Anne Rice The Vampire Arman

Eros in Scorpio says, "merge with me in the searing furnace of the souls so that together we may be transformed." Eros in Scorpio speaks bluntly. His desires are potent, ardent and fixed and often involve a great deal of intense intimacy that can make the light-hearted falter. Eros in this sign is interested in a very personal and erotic form of relating that has no qualms about ripping off the surface scab of social superficiality to expose the true nature of ones soul beneath. They generally do not hold back.
    Eros here seeks, often through intense and possibly taboo sexual experiences, the gift of merging, union and transformation. This is the break on through to the other side that Jim Morrison echoed. He invites you to the threshold and if you enter, there is no turning back. You will transform or perish, or both.

Eros here may be in the sign of his greatest affinity. The second WATER sign, Scorpio relates well to the powerful hungers exhibited by Eros and there is little to modify or temper. Scorpio is not afraid to get too close. He does not shun intimacy, physical or otherwise. He is not nervous about bodily functions, losing his freedom, sharing his emotions or surrendering his mind. He just plain is not nervous or afraid of much, except maybe losing control.

Eros in Sagittarius
    Imagine, if you can, silver leaves waving above a pool of gold filled with singing fishes. Twin moons in an alien sky. If you like, I'll show them to you and they will be, I promise you, the dullest part of the journey. Come with me and I will show you sights that you have never dreamed of. Or stay behind, and regret it until your dying day...--William Hartnell as Doctor Who

Eros in Sagittarius says, "expand my horizons and explore the unknown with me!" This placement of Eros needs widespread goals for the future and the space, energy and enthusiasm to live them out. Spontaneous, exuberant, adventurous and fickle, Eros here prefers a lively and challenging experience with the beloved, one that will take him to the limitless corners of the universe. If someone is going to be with Eros in Sagittarius, they best get ready to soar.

This third FIRE sign has enormous sexual energy and will become bored if the relationship does not develop into broader and richer potentials, or offer new horizons. Travel is his watchword and that does not necessarily mean physically jumping on a plane and heading for a distant culture. The travel Sagittarius has in mind involves the exploration of any previously unknown realm. This includes symbolic journeys through intellectual concepts, philosophical ideas, spiritual beliefs and artistic creations.

Eros in Capricorn
    Do you see how unclothed Love smiles and looks so gentle? He has no torches, nor bows which he could bend. But in one of his hands he bears flowers, in the other a fish. That's to say he sets the law on land and sea. --Alciato

Eros in Capricorn says, "touch me, buy me things, and balance the books if you think you are qualified". This position of Eros has powerful concepts about what is good and what is good enough. There is a need for competence and capability that the earthy sign of Taurus would never consider important. Eros in Capricorn is looking for a type of tangible perfection in the other or failing that, a certificate of completion at least.

Capricorn may sublimate its earthy and very ardent desires for sensual contact and intimacy through the ever-present demands of work. Productivity, attainment, and a feeling of self-sufficiency are vital qualities for Capricorn and they like to see them in the partner as well as themselves.

The third of the EARTH signs, Eros in Capricorn has a powerful need to connect in a physical sense and may also have equally powerful reservations, fears and objections to intimacy. Caution is the watchword. This sign is acknowledged as one of the most difficult to get to know. They do not open up easily and they may not stay open long.

The paradox is that Capricorn is extremely sensual and sexual in a very earthy, potent, Pan-like way. Its symbol is half goat after all and the implication of fertility and sexuality imbibe the image. They have all the desires of Taurus lounging side by side with their deep well of fear.

Eros in Aquarius
    …I have never seen nor heard your name without a shiver half of delight, half of anxiety --Edgar Allan Poe

Eros in Aquarius says, "surprise me, shock me, amazement me!" This position of Eros carries a high voltage charge with stimulating encounters that need a lot of air space to conduct electromagnetic charms. Eros in Aquarius desires the weird, the wonderful and the unusual. He thrives on the unexpected and luxuriates in situations that make the more traditional signs squirm with embarrassment.
    Eros in the sign of the Water Bearer has a disposition bordering on the bizarre. He crosses boundaries as if they did not exist and skips the lines of gender and protocol like a child playing hop-scotch. If it is unusual and invigorating, he is probably interested.
    The third of the AIR signs, Eros in Aquarius gets bored with routine and needs intriguing conversation and somewhat unconventional themes to keep his interest aroused. He also needs a lot of freedom.

Eros in Pisces
    Held fast in a faience of sea changes While waves queue offshore in glittering strings; Till love’s continuum rearranges,
    The persevering sea harbors all things.--E.F. Mosher

Eros in Pisces says, "merge into the depths with me"! Here Eros wants to lose all sense of where his being ends and another begins. Eros in Pisces desires a return to paradise, a drink from the Holy Grail and union with the divine. He is willing to give up his own identity, allowing it to melt and merge with the beloved until they are no longer distinct but part of a greater whole. This is the state of the mystic and the universe of the quantum physicist. It is the persistent longing of Pisces and the dreaded fear of almost every other sign. Eros here could be in its exaltation, the affinity is that great.

This position of Eros, the third of the WATER signs, represents the dissolving of the self into the other and all the pain, longing, suffering and ecstasy that process may involve. It also embraces the mysterious sense of the ineffable, something seldom glimpsed for long in any relationship. It suggests the beauty and creativity seen only through the lives of lovers who have touched each other’s spirits. It is indeed a big call for the average relationship to achieve.”
    thesexualgriot.typepad.com/cult....html

Eros in Aries
    "Eros' forms are many and sometimes terrible, and in full strength he comes to us winged and gleaming and muscled like an athlete, with a fury and will that overpower our own and drive us before him as would a storm. --Peter Marin
    Eros in Aries says, "Play with me, right here and right now!" In this sign, Eros wants action, competition, confrontation and of course, he wants to win! Eros in Aries can make a game of love complete with points to score and visiting teams to defeat! The more impossible the relationship, the more ardent he becomes.

As the first of the FIRE signs, he spends and consumes tremendous amounts of energy in the pursuit and capture of his quarry. All this fiery rabidity makes Eros in Aries a very active and perpetually busy lover. Eros here, whether in the chart of a male or female, can exhibit traditional romantic behavior not unlike a knight of old. He is robust, gallant and ever dashing off to slay dragons or rescue damsels, or helpless men, in distress.

Eros in Taurus
    This way, my love, this way, come here and haste to rest the whole night in my arms. I worship your lovely curly hair; I am consumed with ardent desire. Oh! Eros, in thy mercy, compel him to my bed. --Aristophanes

Eros in Taurus says "Hold me, touch me, kiss me, take me." Here Eros has little interest in the aggressive ardency of Aries. Taurus is not responsive to getting up at 6 a.m. to do fifty laps at the pool and he would rather not have to compete with anyone to get what he wants. Eros has a different orientation in this sign, namely, an orientation towards pleasure. That means pure and natural, undiluted personal and sensual gratification.

This pleasure-seeking eye of the bull is ever on the niceties of sensuality whether they be in the dinning room, on the massage table or in a king size bed. He finds joy in tangible pursuits that revolve around making the body feel good as well as the pleasure of acquisition. Taurus can also become ferociously possessive of those pleasures in an extremely dogmatic way.

Eros in Gemini
    …and the most beautiful words ever spoken, I have not yet said to you. --Nazim Hikmet
    Eros in Gemini says, "If you want me, talk to me!" Here Eros thrives on the interaction of ideas, and the intellectual stimulation found in sharing observations, data and little understood facts. He likes it known how well he comprehends a subject and how much he could teach about it. Eros in Gemini wants to hear the words, or receive little cards with messages of love, much more than he wants to get a box of chocolates or even a massage!

Gemini governs the realm of the mind, the known universe, its facts and fancies. When Eros dresses in this outfit, he seeks intimacy first through intellectual rapport and that usually means talking. The mere act of communication can stimulate this position of Eros into desires for deeper intimacy and union, provided one listens to the discourse. The beloved’s inattention to detail or loss of concentration on the subject kills a genuine pursuit faster here than in any other sign.

Curiosity about how things work, why people behave in a certain way, or where some tradition began all contribute to the stimulating mental atmosphere where Eros in Gemini likes to live. He uses knowledge as a lure, his mind as bait and his wit as reward. He also uses these intellectual instruments as a bastion against the pain and suffering of the emotional world.
    The first of the AIR signs, Eros in Gemini has a sense of mental objectivity and a distinct need for space. Although drawn irrefutably to the depths of intimacy by the nature of Eros itself, in this sign he may at times do more talking or reading about emotional closeness than going out and experiencing it.

Eros in Cancer
    A mean young man meets a witch, who says she will be his lover forever if he brings her the heart of his mother. He runs home, kills his mother and cuts out her heart. As he is running back through the forest, he trips and falls, dropping the heart. In a concerned tone, the heart says to him, "Son, did you hurt yourself?" --Old Jewish Parable

Eros in Cancer says, "share your joy and pain with me". In this sign, Eros experiences a certain measure of affinity and ease. Here the boundaries can dissolve into a space of intimate rapport where the feelings, emotions, fears, pains and sorrows of two people merge and mingle into one. In cancer, Eros does not hesitate at the threshold of erotic intimacy. Once inside, he simply never wants to leave.
    Eros in Cancer longs to be wanted and he craves the significant other’s attention and deep need for attachment. Nurturing, sustaining and mothering all arise with this archetype creating a potent link that can enhance life as well as strangle it to death. It is the image of the umbilical cord that offers succor but may also become toxic if it is not severed at the necessary time.

Eros in Leo
    Call me a she-lion, then, if you like and Scylla, dweller on the Tuscan cliff. For I have touched your heart in the vital spot. --Euripides
    Eros in Leo says, "watch me, follow me, worship me". The operant word in this phrase is me. Eros in Leo is similar to his fiery counterpart Aries in the desire for action although here Leo’s need diverges in its tremendous longing for attention and adoration. Where Aries likes a playmate and wants, of course, to be first, Leo needs the devotional attention and unfailing love of those who touch his life. Unfortunately, this is often just what he feels is missing.
    Eros in this position has a strong desire to feel special, unique and distinctive. The second of the FIRE signs, Eros in Leo requires energy and returns it in playful abundance as well. He dazzles in the spot-light of admiration and gives priority to the creative, artistic side of life.

Eros in Virgo
    ..how can I find a path towards my soul's real nature that begins right here where I am shipwrecked, rather than in pious hopes for a perfect life? --Harriet Eisman
    Eros in Virgo says, "hold me, touch me, buy me things, and explain to me why you are doing it." This second of the EARTH signs has all the tangible desires of Taurus with the added propensity to analyze intentions and rate them on a scale of one to ten. These discriminating qualities of Virgo can come to the fore with a check list approach to romantic love.

Virgo has tremendous perceptions and is not a sign to hesitate using them on the beloved. Sometimes this can equate with judgments and criticism, real wet blankets for erotic experiences. This perceptiveness can also turn inward were it manifests as a self-criticism, an equally damaging trait. An inclination to carry out a running commentary on the attributes and failings of any given moment may mingle with passion like oil and water.

Eros in Virgo does have a very lusty and luscious desire nature that shares an affinity with epithemia. The material elements of life appraise high on the scale of importance and that means physical contact, physical nurturing and physical pleasure. They can abide a great deal of touching, tasting and sensing too. Eros here is not afraid to get close and stay close, if the special other turns out to be good enough.

Eros in Libra
    Eros, god of love, distilling liquid desire down upon the eyes, bringing sweet pleasure to the souls of those against whom you make war, never to me may you show yourself to my hurt nor ever come but in due measure and harmony.----Euripides
    Eros in Libra says, "share the elegant beauty of life with me!" This Eros wants above all to participate with a significant other in many splendid activities. Libra is the sign of personal one-to-one relationships and Eros here has all the longings for the excellence and refinement that exemplify Libra. In this position, life needs to unfold pleasantly and in the company of a beloved other.

Being the second of the AIR signs, Eros in Libra has the ability to objectify life, and enjoys the communication of ideas. Talking , interpreting, counseling and the giving and receiving of feedback all rate high on the list of Libra’s good times. This is a refined position for Eros, a sign that inherently honors the social niceties of the times and enjoys the sophistication of good manners and pleasant exchange. Unless, of course, they are flipping into their antagonistic side. Then, from Libra erupts the disputing debater or Devil’s advocate par excellent!

Eros in Scorpio
    Come to me, and I shall be the sun round which you are locked in orbit, and my rays shall lay bare the secrets you keep from each other, and I, who possess charms and powers of which you have no inkling, shall control and possess and destroy you!" -- Anne Rice The Vampire Arman

Eros in Scorpio says, "merge with me in the searing furnace of the souls so that together we may be transformed." Eros in Scorpio speaks bluntly. His desires are potent, ardent and fixed and often involve a great deal of intense intimacy that can make the light-hearted falter. Eros in this sign is interested in a very personal and erotic form of relating that has no qualms about ripping off the surface scab of social superficiality to expose the true nature of ones soul beneath. They generally do not hold back.
    Eros here seeks, often through intense and possibly taboo sexual experiences, the gift of merging, union and transformation. This is the break on through to the other side that Jim Morrison echoed. He invites you to the threshold and if you enter, there is no turning back. You will transform or perish, or both.

Eros here may be in the sign of his greatest affinity. The second WATER sign, Scorpio relates well to the powerful hungers exhibited by Eros and there is little to modify or temper. Scorpio is not afraid to get too close. He does not shun intimacy, physical or otherwise. He is not nervous about bodily functions, losing his freedom, sharing his emotions or surrendering his mind. He just plain is not nervous or afraid of much, except maybe losing control.

Eros in Sagittarius
    Imagine, if you can, silver leaves waving above a pool of gold filled with singing fishes. Twin moons in an alien sky. If you like, I'll show them to you and they will be, I promise you, the dullest part of the journey. Come with me and I will show you sights that you have never dreamed of. Or stay behind, and regret it until your dying day...--William Hartnell as Doctor Who

Eros in Sagittarius says, "expand my horizons and explore the unknown with me!" This placement of Eros needs widespread goals for the future and the space, energy and enthusiasm to live them out. Spontaneous, exuberant, adventurous and fickle, Eros here prefers a lively and challenging experience with the beloved, one that will take him to the limitless corners of the universe. If someone is going to be with Eros in Sagittarius, they best get ready to soar.

This third FIRE sign has enormous sexual energy and will become bored if the relationship does not develop into broader and richer potentials, or offer new horizons. Travel is his watchword and that does not necessarily mean physically jumping on a plane and heading for a distant culture. The travel Sagittarius has in mind involves the exploration of any previously unknown realm. This includes symbolic journeys through intellectual concepts, philosophical ideas, spiritual beliefs and artistic creations.

Eros in Capricorn
    Do you see how unclothed Love smiles and looks so gentle? He has no torches, nor bows which he could bend. But in one of his hands he bears flowers, in the other a fish. That's to say he sets the law on land and sea. --Alciato
    Eros in Capricorn says, "touch me, buy me things, and balance the books if you think you are qualified". This position of Eros has powerful concepts about what is good and what is good enough. There is a need for competence and capability that the earthy sign of Taurus would never consider important. Eros in Capricorn is looking for a type of tangible perfection in the other or failing that, a certificate of completion at least.

Capricorn may sublimate its earthy and very ardent desires for sensual contact and intimacy through the ever-present demands of work. Productivity, attainment, and a feeling of self-sufficiency are vital qualities for Capricorn and they like to see them in the partner as well as themselves.

The third of the EARTH signs, Eros in Capricorn has a powerful need to connect in a physical sense and may also have equally powerful reservations, fears and objections to intimacy. Caution is the watchword. This sign is acknowledged as one of the most difficult to get to know. They do not open up easily and they may not stay open long.

The paradox is that Capricorn is extremely sensual and sexual in a very earthy, potent, Pan-like way. Its symbol is half goat after all and the implication of fertility and sexuality imbibe the image. They have all the desires of Taurus lounging side by side with their deep well of fear.

Eros in Aquarius
    …I have never seen nor heard your name without a shiver half of delight, half of anxiety --Edgar Allan Poe
    Eros in Aquarius says, "surprise me, shock me, amazement me!" This position of Eros carries a high voltage charge with stimulating encounters that need a lot of air space to conduct electromagnetic charms. Eros in Aquarius desires the weird, the wonderful and the unusual. He thrives on the unexpected and luxuriates in situations that make the more traditional signs squirm with embarrassment.

Eros in the sign of the Water Bearer has a disposition bordering on the bizarre. He crosses boundaries as if they did not exist and skips the lines of gender and protocol like a child playing hop-scotch. If it is unusual and invigorating, he is probably interested.
    The third of the AIR signs, Eros in Aquarius gets bored with routine and needs intriguing conversation and somewhat unconventional themes to keep his interest aroused. He also needs a lot of freedom.

Eros in Pisces
    Held fast in a faience of sea changes While waves queue offshore in glittering strings; Till love’s continuum rearranges, The persevering sea harbors all things.--E.F. Mosher

Eros in Pisces says, "merge into the depths with me"! Here Eros wants to lose all sense of where his being ends and another begins. Eros in Pisces desires a return to paradise, a drink from the Holy Grail and union with the divine. He is willing to give up his own identity, allowing it to melt and merge with the beloved until they are no longer distinct but part of a greater whole. This is the state of the mystic and the universe of the quantum physicist. It is the persistent longing of Pisces and the dreaded fear of almost every other sign. Eros here could be in its exaltation, the affinity is that great.

This position of Eros, the third of the WATER signs, represents the dissolving of the self into the other and all the pain, longing, suffering and ecstasy that process may involve. It also embraces the mysterious sense of the ineffable, something seldom glimpsed for long in any relationship. It suggests the beauty and creativity seen only through the lives of lovers who have touched each other’s spirits. It is indeed a big call for the average relationship to achieve.

Eros in the Houses
    Eros brings beauty, meaning and divinity into our lives. It comes to us through a very particular epiphany, a passionate inspiration present in a particular lover, teacher, melody, or landscape. We long to follow it always. But this is not the whole story. For Eros also brings us obsessions, cruelty, abandonment, and betrayal. It may come through anguish."--Harriet Eisman

The asteroid Eros, like any planet in the astrological chart, represents a basic human need, drive or impulse. As Mars symbolizes the drive or urge towards assertiveness, action and direction, Eros symbolizes the urge towards erotic love and the transformations offered by this experience. The PLANETS represent the nature of an inherent impelling force in us, as well as a piece of our own soul, and Eros’s impulsion is towards union of a particular kind.

The SIGNS indicates how the needs and drives of the planets will express. Just as Mars in Leo may have a dramatic flare and fixedness to its drive to take action, so Eros in Leo would have a flamboyant spark in its approach to erotic love. The signs describe the way a need functions.

The HOUSES in turn represent areas of life, inner and outer. They symbolize the environment where the need or drive is acting out. The ruler on the house cups and the sign or signs contained in the house suggest the climate found in that environment. Any planets residing in a given house indicates that the needs and drives implied by them tend to operate strongly in that area of life. Entering or doing that area of life will evoke the needs and drives of the planets found there. We meet those planets, and the archetypal characters they symbolize, in that area of life.

Where Eros is by house indicates the environment, people or experiences that the god of love affiliates with. Howard Sasportas, in his book
    The Twelve Houses, states:

Any planet or sign in a house always suggests the most natural way to unfold the life plan in the area of life the house represents.
    The system of derivative houses may also help elucidate experiences linked with the Eros house positions and is applied to the following cookbook descriptions. The derivative approach is controversial: some astrologers use it with impunity; other authors feel it is only useful in Horary charts. As with the house systems, each individual must experiment and use what they find works best.
    The following cookbook style interpretation of Eros through the houses focus mainly on natal positions although they operate for positions by transit or progression as well. A much more detailed working of Eros through the houses and by transit and progression can be studied in the soon to be released text: Asteroid 433 Eros: The Astrology of Love

Eros in the First House
    And as concerning reality the impression we get of it is not the same as the perception. --Aristotle
    When Eros resides in the first house of the natal chart, it gains additional significance. This is especially true if it is found within ten degrees either side of the Ascendant. Here Eros takes on first house importance adding his flavor to the sign or signs and any other planets found there.
    In this position, Eros contributes towards the general approach to life. It may indicate how plans are initiated, action taken or dilemmas worked out. It may not mean that we have an erotic approach to initiation, but that we tend to encounter the erotic when taking action or presenting ourselves to the world.

Eros in the Second
    May I ask whether you inherited most of your possessions or acquired them yourself? --Plato
    The second house traditionally rules money, values, resources and innate capabilities. It has a lot to do with valuing our self as a unique individual and can give indications of tangible longings, desires and aspirations.
    People with Eros in the second house may value the erotic union as a resource or reserve. An erotic manner may reside with them comfortably like an inborn perception of what they are worth, what they deem estimable. This may actualize as a subtle undertone in some, or a brash and even overbearing urgency in others.

Eros in the Third House
    I'm skilled at introducing new ideas every time out, each one different from the other and all of them good.--Aristophanes
    The third house traditionally deals with ideas, communication, learning, short journeys and siblings. It describes the early environment and local community, left brain activity or the rational mind, and our attitude to leaning and knowledge in general. If consciousness is, as Richard Idemon used to say, "what we think and what we think we think," the third house is the arena of that consciousness. It is the way in which we think we perceive the environment.

When Eros resides in the third house, communication itself can become an erotic experience. The written and expressed word, the transmission of information and the act of learning or teaching may all create an experience of erotic transformation for those involved. These can be people who really enjoy writing letters, keeping a diary or journal or getting up and making a speech.

Eros in the Fourth House
    Now after my long day's labour sloping towards an evening of repose, has relaxed my energies by suggesting the charms of family life. --Cicero
    The forth house is the domain of the family, emotional security and sense of belonging at the very roots of our being. Astrologer Joanne Wickenburg says, if the Ascendant is WHO you are, the IC, and subsequent fourth house, is WHAT you are. Often it also represents what we like to hide from others.

This house symbolizes the external home, the family emotional inheritance, a parent, domestic affairs and the country of origin. When Eros is found in this house the erotic links closely together with experiences of home and family. Eros loves to hide in the fourth house and there may be a secretive approach to erotic love.

Eros in the Fifth House
    and those who devote themselves to music and letters and to the various contests, some by exhibiting their strength and others their artistic skill, win for themselves greater honor. --Isocrates

The fifth house is the traditional residence of entertainment. It encompasses the playful heart, the creative spirit and romantic pleasures. It is the house of the inner child and the outer speculator, the actual children and the latent rock star in everyone.
    The fifth house has to do with self-expression and that includes offspring, art work, novels, and romances because they all activate the heart and engender feelings of uniqueness that makes us feel special. That is, when everything is going smoothly. These areas of life also put us in a place of utmost vulnerability not just to the art critic and the gene pool but to those experiencing the inner child. The fifth house rules speculation because we risk the child-like and creative qualities in the harsh reality of potential judgment and condemnation. There is no guarantee how we will measure up.

Eros in the Sixth
    In constructing a homestead, we have to provide for the stock which it is to shelter, and for its health and well being.--Aristotle
    The sixth house traditionally represents daily routine, work and employment, health of the body and health services, small domestic pets, service in general, tools and gadgets. The common thread here includes the need to establish ritual and routine, through organization, commitment and concern, in the every day life. It also describes the ways and means we accomplish and perfect those daily routine tasks.
    When Eros is found in the house of skill development, service, health and daily routine, one may have some finely tuned proficiency when it comes to passionate and romantic love. They may see the body as a vessel that provides for the delights and erotic passions of the beloved and be inclined to perfect their ability to give and receive those delights. They may find the merging and transformation an erotic union offers desirable on a daily basis!

Eros in the Seventh House
    When marriage is on equal terms, in my opinion it is no cause for dread; so never may the love of the mightier gods cast on me its irresistible glance. --Aeschylus

The seventh house traditionally represents personal one-to-one relationships including marriage, business partnerships, counselors and
    clients, long-term unions, or even open adversaries that engage in on going debate. In this house, commitment reigns although the stage often hosts more than a dance for two.

Eros in the seventh prefers close partnerships to include erotic, transformational unions of the most powerful kind. The very nature of erotic love, however, suggests the stability, commitment and endurance of the seventh house (a divorced relationship involving children can last a life-time) contradicts the risk taking, changeable nature of Eros. Enter the triangle.

Eros in the Eighth House
    How does one describe a trip to the underworld? --Homer
    The eighth house traditionally rules sex, death and taxes, and their transformational effects. It also pertains to depth analysis, research and occult knowledge. The eighth house rules things of mystery, intrigue and intensity. The thread that binds the eighth house scenery together consists of elements in life that require us to make a leap of faith, to take a risk and discover the unknown within. There are no guarantees in the eighth and no way to be sure that once we make a commitment to intimacy, a belief system or a political party, that the implicit trust will be honored.

Eros in the eighth suggests an affinity with the purpose of the house: to take risks, to offer up something precious, to feel to the depths of the soul and to hope for transformation in return. Those with Eros in this house have an increased desire to experience the erotic on a very deep level of their existence. They may also have a highly increased fear around doing so. The two can go hand in hand.

Eros in the Ninth House
    For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? --St. Paul
    The ninth house traditionally rules spiritual beliefs, long journeys, higher education, foreign cultures, ceremonies and rituals, publishing and clergymen. These categories all have the common effect of exposing us to areas of mind, body or spirit, that have never been experienced before. Thus, Dennis Elwell described the ninth house as an exploration into the unknown.

When Eros falls in the ninth house, discovery of new and previously incomprehensible concepts, peoples or vistas ignite feelings of passionate wonder and intrigue. This Eros is aroused by new information, strange landscapes and mysterious cultures. The act of gaining this information can be an erotic experience in itself.

Eros in the Tenth House
    He was, therefore, elated over his fame and had recourse to many other far more ambitious undertakings which would serve to increase the dominant position of his native state. --Siculus

The midheaven (MC) and the corresponding tenth house traditionally denotes the career, mission or profession, one of the parents, and the social image and known reputation. Howard Sasportas said that the qualities of any sign or planet in the tenth house correspond to what is most visible and accessible to others. It is what stands out.

The tenth house indicates how others perceive us and those with Eros here want the world to know they are passionate, erotic, potent and charismatic. The way they dress, speak and move may all have a subtle undertone of Eros. Some people with this placement may even make a career out of studying, teaching or living out the erotic and transformational side of life. Certainly, it would be of major importance for them to express, especially if early childhood experiences lead to the denial and repression of the god of love.

Eros in the Eleventh House
    They are each, then, others of each other, in groups; for they cannot be so one at a time... --Plato
    The eleventh house is traditionally associated with groups, hopes and wishes, membership in organizations, relationships to friends and advisors and goals for the future. It has been tagged as the desire to be more than what we already are, as happens when joined to a group or association. It is also the desire to be everything we can possibly be, as reflected in what we wish and hope for. This house represents a stretching beyond the individual identity that pushes out into the lager world as a whole.

When Eros is found in the eleventh house, friendships, groups and goals take on a potent and possibly passionate quality. We may experience friends as triggers for erotic feelings, transformations or creative turning points. Whether a person with an eleventh house Eros passionately merges with a friend or that friendship inspires them to experience the erotic through another person matters little. The important point is that through friendship, the god of love awakens.

Eros in the Twelfth House
    It is some solemn secret, surely, that you enshroud in mystery. --Aeschylus
    The twelfth house is a place of mystery. Isabel Hickey called it the house of drawn shades, a region where we must serve or suffer. Traditionally it rules secret enemies, institutions such as prisons, hospitals and asylums and other places of generalized pain and suffering, hidden activities, exile and seclusion.

Sometimes Eros here awakens through injury, suffering or confinement. The case of the doctor and patient, alcoholic and counselor, or even bereaved brother and widow come to mind. There can even be an erotic relationship between criminal and the officer of the law, as in the archetypal relationship between the brilliant detective Sherlock Holmes and his equally genius archenemy, Professor Moriarty. These kinds of unions make short work of the traditionally acceptable and they may embody an extreme bitterness, yet their potential for transform is infinite. The very taboo and suffering quality seems to make them all the more potent.

Eros in Aspect to the Planets
    The madness of being in love clearly shows many characteristics of soul activity: interference with plans and projects, long periods of time spent in daydream and reverie, projection of ideal fantasies onto the loved person confusion about personal goals and values, a weakening of willpower all of these reveal an activation of the deeper strata of the soul. --Thomas Moore
    The aspects link the planets, points and angles in the natal chart creating an indivisible bond between them. They consist of the angular division of a circle, 360 degrees, into different sized pieces of pie. Some of the divisions form stronger or more harmonious links than others, although the vital point is that they are linked at all.

One way of viewing the aspects between Eros and the other bodies in the chart is to consider that Eros is holding a festivity and the other planets the guests. How would Venus enjoy a feast with Eros? How would Saturn? Would he dive in or nibble the edges? Would he simply lose his appetite altogether? Each planet has a different orientation towards the experience of Eros. Each will taste, digest, assimilate or reject that experience in different ways. Whether it inspires arousal or repulsion, a connection by aspect to Eros will have its effect.
    Aspects between planets bond them for better or worse. Usually it is a unique combination of both. If we have a grand cross between Venus, Mars, Saturn and Jupiter, we only have to evoke one of the planets to activate them all. If we assert ourselves against a threatening situation (mars) we will automatically evoke the containment or authority of Saturn, the expansive enthusiasm of Jupiter and Venus’s desire to create harmony or extract value. We can not do one without the others when they link by aspect.

This sheds light on the effects of any unaspected planets in the chart. If Mars is unaspected, the act of assertion may evoke nothing but the aggression itself. It may function in isolation because it has no links with the other bodies. Once awakened, it may be hard to integrate any self or external control (Saturn), any arbitration or diplomacy (Venus), or any sense of meaning or purpose (Jupiter). The pure and possibly raw aggression may be one big event all to itself with nothing to modify the energy in any way.

The nature of the aspect, whether it be a trine, square, inconjunct or opposition, holds some significance yet it is more important to first established if there is a connection of any kind, and what that connection may represent. If the Moon aspects Mars, their will be an ignition of the feeling nature quite different from the Moon in aspects to Neptune. It matters little if the aspect is so called soft or hard, good or bad. There are differences certainly, yet the primary signification of the planets being connected to each other remains unchanged. This holds especially true with the transits of the outer planets. A sextile from transiting Pluto can coincide with every bit as profound an emotional experience as a square or opposition. It matters more that one is being touched by the god and less from what angle that god is doing the touching.

With that in mind for Eros, the conjunction and opposition are the most consequential in the natal chart, although the ‘lesser’ aspects should be considered and evaluated as well. As far as orbs go, use what works best and what brings the most consistent and reliable results. A larger orb may be preferable for the conjunctions and oppositions, perhaps up to 10 or even 12 degrees when involving the Sun or Moon, with progressively tighter orbs for the square, trine, and tighter still for the sextile and inconjuncts. The minor aspects would want orbs of no less than 1.5 to 2 degrees, the parallel being 1.5 degrees to exact. The most important consideration to keep in mind is that if Eros, or any planet, acts like it is in aspect to another planet, even if the orb is wide, then it probably is. Results speak louder than rules.

Eros by Transit or Progression
    "Eros remains a power beyond our social order and morality; he stalks, goads, ruins, and transforms us, and sometimes he lifts us as if on the palm of a huge hand into regions that astonish and terrify us and that we would never, otherwise, have entered. For desire appears to us from the corners of the earth or the depths of self with a force and urgency and sometimes a destructiveness so powerful we cannot help ascribing them to a god, for nothing else--no psychologizing, no moralizing--makes any sense." --Peter Merin
    As Eros moves through the sky by transit, progression or even converse progression, it makes aspects back to all the planets and points in the natal chart. Likewise, the rest of the planets by transit will periodically make aspects back to the natal and progressed positions of Eros. Either way, these contacts often coincide with the times when erotic love and creative power issues awakens.

Some aspects and particular planet combinations appear to have a greater impact than others, corresponding to more specific inner and outer events. Watching the transits to and from Eros over a variety of charts is the best way to familiarize oneself with the various possible results.

Transits of any kind are often associated with outer events, although the initial effect is usually inner. Some part of the psyche, some interior figure or archetype, awakens. Concurrent with the nature of the transit, house and sign position, once awake it generally starts looking around for recognition. That usually means it looks for a crown, a throne and appropriate patronage. If the recognition is readily forthcoming and conscious awareness is placed on the needs, desires and offering of the figure, often what it represents transforms into what we consciously express without a hint of an outer event. We simple add the new aspect of being into the multiplicity of our conscious selves.

If, on the other hand, the needs and wants of the figure are denied by consciousness, we will met them in the daily life as a person, place or thing. In this case, the event is often disruptive although it can also be exhilarating. This assures, one way or another, our experience of the waking archetype.

In the case of Eros, the intensity of emotions, the sensations of physical longings and the potency of desire wanting to express quite frequently manifests itself as an attraction to an enticing other. This can range from another real life human being, to a long distance or otherwise impossible contact, an idealize public figure, a creative project or set of glorified beliefs or doctrines. Most frequently, it has a human component which often makes the compulsive feelings of love merge with the desire for sexual intimacy. In this case, transits involving Eros may coincide with the appearance of a specific individual that captivates the heart and enraptures the soul.”
    www.falconastrology.com/natal_...ids.htm
    Find your Eros sign
    www.findyourfate.com/astrology/eros.html

Sun, June 17, 2012 - 12:42 PM
      Eros on astro.com is number 433 which you input bottom left in empty box...

"If you have Eros in the sign Aries then you’ll experience love and sex as a war waiting to be won. You love nothing more than the chase and conquest associated with love and you seldom wait long before a relationship turns sexual. With Eros in Aries you tend to be more turned on by a prospective love partner who says “no” to your initial advances. This is like foreplay for you since the thrill of the chase is your doorway to experiencing complete sexual ecstasy. Hearing your lover proclaim that you’re the best sex he or she has ever had once you’ve made your conquest will feel like music to your soul. Eros in Aries must have plenty of physical sex in order to experience love. If the sex life of Eros in Aries dries up, it will not remain with a partner for long. Eros in Aries has a passionate sexual appetite. It must be fed"
      www.sexualastrology.com/eros-i...es.html

this is quite a nice site as it then gives the option of seeing which sign rules your 7th house cusp

www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/...ead.php

Tue, January 29, 2013 - 5:08 AM
        "Though there are many reasons for seeking relationship, it’s probably our sense of the erotic, the passionate core of our desire to connect with others, that is the true driving force behind dating and mating. When we inspect the natal chart for ‘passion indicators,’ we see various facets of passion, desire, and sexuality:

■Venus tells us the nature of our loves, our values, our idea of what relationship is like, and for a woman shows her ‘ideal Self.’
        ■Neptune points to the character of our life ideals, our spiritual ideals, and our fantasies.
        ■Uranus hints at our concept of Utopia.
        ■The Sun describes our Soul needs (which may or may not involve relationship).
        ■The Moon sings of our emotional needs, Mercury of our communication requirements (and our possible fraternal or sororal ones) and Jupiter of our social ones.
        ■Saturn suggests what we need to feel secure.
        ■Mars and Pluto focus on our need to assert ourselves, to express our life energy in the world (including via the urge to reproduce), with Mars describing a man’s ‘ideal Self’ and Pluto suggesting our darker nature, which may have sexual overtones.

Using the natal horoscope, we can cobble together a colorful and relatively full picture of the individual as a passionate Being, but we may miss out on some very important points, namely those indicated by the placement and aspects of the asteroid Eros.

Eros Mythology

Named for the child of Zeus/Jupiter and Aphrodite/Venus — who was the forerunner to our modern day idea of Cupid — Eros is no diaper-clad, arrow-slinging cherub, but a full grown winged god. Eros symbolizes passion, and all the things that can go wrong with it; his own story illustrates many of the points brought forward by the asteroid. Eros was given a quiver of magic arrows by Venus in order to make Psyche — a mortal whom Venus had heard rivaled her in beauty — fall in love with a beast, which Venus believed would cause Psyche to be rejected by humanity. But Eros accidentally cut himself, fell for Psyche, then whisked her away to a hidden lair where he would come to her as her husband at night. Psyche was forbidden to look upon him; if she had, she would’ve known it was a god to whom she was married. The secrecy of their arrangement was to keep Venus from knowing. Venus kept her son Eros close to her, and her refusal to allow him to form bonds with other living Beings brings us to the nature of Eros itself: Eros (and the erotic) are expressions of the sexualizing of someone or something.

Previous to meeting Psyche, poor Eros had fixed his sexual energies on objects, when his mother thwarted his natural inclinations; thus Eros can also indicate fetishism. This introduces a further, important component of Eros — we must choose the erotic object, and that is a mental process, not simply a response to existing passion. Though Eros fixed on Psyche ‘accidentally,’ we must recognize that — though we pretend to have no part in forming erotic attachments — the choices are ours alone. In short, Eros in our charts describes what and whom we choose to have a sexually-charged passion for.

Eros contacts in the natal chart

Eros contacts between partner charts can pinpoint the most exciting parts of the interaction, but Eros’ aspects to other bodies in the individual chart illuminate what we may focus our erotic enthusiasm upon; these are our ‘E’ spots, or, to use an antique phrase, ‘what turns us on.’ Whether the aspect is ‘hard’ or ‘soft’ between Eros and other placements may lend a more positive or negative cast to the manifestation, but what’s really important is that contact is made, especially between Eros and the personal planets.

■When Eros touches the Sun, we have someone whose very identity is erotic in nature — he or she may have many passionate attachments expressive of the Soul, or may feel ‘blended’ with and identify themselves as an embodiment of eroticism and passion. (Power, or persons who stand out, who ‘shine’ in some way, are the turn on.)
        ■With the Moon, Eros imbues the emotions with a high degree of passionate intensity, as well as a strong desire to have one’s emotional way. (Remember, Eros married Psyche despite his mother’s objections to her very existence — in this, Eros showed both a healthy desire to break away from parental control, and a dysfunctional and immature insistence on doing what he wanted without the courage to do it openly.) Here, emotions are the turn on.
        ■Teamed with Mercury, we may see communication that inherently carries a sexual charge (or that carries sexual content or implication, deliberately or not; all exchanges may be the turn on).
        ■With Venus, we find Eros welcomed, as the love and erotic nature merge, but Eros may be overwhelmed by the requirements of Venus — thus the chosen erotic target may have to have Venusian standards attached and these will be the turn ons, such as great beauty, money, identical erotic preferences, or compatible values.
        ■With Mars, Eros may bring the erotic into the competitive sphere, or every Self assertion may be tinged with an aura of sexual conquest — even relationships that are platonic. Ego, aggression, even selfishness may be turn ons.

There are many other possibilities; an awareness of the inclinations of the erotic within ourselves can only expand our Self-understanding, and open our nature to new, suitable expressions of passion"
        sasstrology.com/2007/11/fi...ros-in.html

Tue, January 29, 2013 - 5:08 AM
          "The Love Asteroids: Cupido, Amor, Eros and Psyche

By C. Marguerite Hafeman
          So much more information and insight on romantic issues can be found by looking at the natal positions of those asteroids most commonly associated with the pursuit of love. Let's take a cruise on down past Venus and Mars, check out how Cupido, Amor, Eros and Psyche can make the dance of love that much more piquant and complex.

Asteroid Cupido: In Greek myth, Cupid is the son of Venus; his job was to "wound" the unwary with his arrows of love; awaken a consuming affection directed towards a particular object of desire. In one well-known tale, Cupid becomes entangled with Psyche, a beautiful king's daughter who has roused the jealousy of Venus; the tale is actually an allegory about how the soul obtains a true understanding of love by undergoing much suffering and hard experience.

In astrology, the asteroid Cupido by itself would perhaps be associated with the trials of love associated with the initial enthrallment and acts of seduction performed in order to obtain the love object, not the sexual act itself. Examples of an overactive Cupido can include crushes, cultivating romance for the sake of the game or putting the object of desire up on a pedestal. In the dark sense, romantic enthrallment can originate out of a love for the chase, only to abandon the prey once it is caught. Asteroid Cupido is not to be confused with Alfred Witt's Uranian body Cupido, which is associated more with family, marriage, tantra and art.

The natal sign and house Cupido is in would indicate the style, tone and preferred arena of action for an individual's romantic powers; aspects made to Cupido would pertain to the circumstances, positive or negative, under which one would be drawn into a dance of courtship with the object of love. Hard planetary aspects made to Cupido can relate either to that quality which particularly excites us in generating attraction or the barriers and obstacles we erect between ourselves and the object of desire. The latter could include actual physical obligations, hang-ups, fears, perfectionism, and a need for control or becoming enthralled with someone who is patently unobtainable. Or we may be essentially unobtainable ourselves, wrapped in a narcissic contemplation of the self. A strong Cupido in positive aspect to any of the planets would make one highly desirable to others in the ways expressed by the planet being aspected. For example, a native with a sixth house Cupido conjunct Venus in Capricorn and both in trine to a second house Saturn in Virgo could present as seductively overwhelming to someone turned on by financially stable, enterprising and fatherly authority figures.

Cupido unaspected or retrograde could relate to a tendency to repress and/or disown one's own real needs in the exchange of love, instead sublimating these qualities to a set of conditions put forth by the desired object, or sublimation in favor of an unrealistic set of conditions that are then projected onto the desired object. The common pattern would be to fall in love with surface qualities first such as beautiful face and figure, a sweet demeanor, and a kind voice; then discover what the person is really like later. Often the proposed love object has no interest in fulfilling the others own personal needs for love and affection. Painful rejection happens because the Cupido person did not allow an honest appraisal of their own real needs in the first place, nor clearly perceived the needs and nature of the person being pursued. One has fallen for an image and a presentation, rather than the real person.

Natal sign position has an influence on Cupido's style and tone. In Aries one is inclined to go directly and aggressively after the object of desire, however may not stay around once having "scored". Placed in Gemini, Cupido can be a mark of the silver-tongued devil, the two-faced fella. A Cupido placed in Virgo could attract with clean, earthly sensuality or a penchant for organization. Going by the house, a first house Cupido for example represents someone whose personal image and presentation is calculated to magnetize infatuation in others. A fourth house placement may seduce through home cooking; in the ninth, perhaps wow dates with cultural events. A twelfth house Cupido might be prone to seduction via pornography or fantasy; can be fascinated with alternative forms of lovemaking or can become an object of compulsive desire, romance or erotic pleasuring for the collective. An example of a strongly placed Cupido who seduced the masses is Rudolph Valentino, premiere professional lover of the silver screen. He had Cupido in the twelfth house at 28° Virgo 43' conjunct his Ascendant at 00°Libra 54'.

Asteroid Amor: Amor is the Roman god of love; the asteroid represents compassion, empathy and loving kindness. As astrologer Demetra George notes, Amor represents a state of loving rather than falling in love. Amor can represent love of anything dear to the heart; George suggests that the archetype functions as the intermediary between the sensual love of Venus and the higher, platonic love of Neptune. Astrologer Zane B. Stein relates Amor to idealized love and related feelings. This would be warmth and love as one believes it should be; a person with a strongly placed Amor believes in the notion of "true love" and searches for the "soul mate". Martha Lang-Wescott notes that the sign, house and aspect pattern associated with Amor demonstrates conditions that are put on "unconditional giving and loving"; therefore the natal placement can show what keeps us from living up to our own ideals and expectations of what love really is. It can also symbolize what we substitute for love, what were our role models for love and our experience and examples of true, perfect and ideal love.

The natal house Amor occupies is where the person believes they will be able to express this highest form of love. Since the asteroid represents an ideal, if it is afflicted the person can feel incapable of achieving his ideal love or unworthy of being given love. One may even do self-sabotage in order to avoid experiencing love up close and real, since unconditional love does not easily exist within a framework of control and predictability. Zane suggests that planet in square or opposition to Amor can represent something else desirable that is preferred to love. One person's Amor conjunct a planet in another's chart brings feeling of love, however if that person also has a natal planet in hard aspect to Amor, it conflicts with the other person's chart and the result is a volatile state of love/hate.

Amor in opposition to planets or other love asteroids can indicate a situation where opposites attract; the loved one functions as a devil's advocate or as an expression of one's own shadow. Hard aspects in general tends to link the native up with people whose concept of love and sharing is very different from their own, resulting in various distortions of the impulse to love such as withholding, manipulating, caretaking, domination-submission scenarios etc.

Amor retrograde could intensify perfectionist conditions placed on the attainment of love. Correspondingly, the individual can be overly idealistic, controlling or attach a list of entitlements to their definition of love; conversely they may be judgmental of humanity at large, or feel so intrinsically unlovable that they never reach out to anyone in love. They might again attract those who cannot and will not return their affections in a normal way. To the degree that the concept of love has been distorted (e.g. associated essentially with a certain standard of perfection, pain or sexual dysfunction,) will be the degree to which one attracts those who are unsuitable and even damaging to them.

The sign and house Amor is found in can indicate the nature of issues that can block or interferes with the exchange of or participation in earthly, obtainable love. For example, Amor in Taurus and the second house can be very materialistic, putting money before love; or they require a lover who will cater to all sensual demands, in and out of bed. Placed in Cancer and the sixth house Amor might represent a compulsive caretaker of those selected for appearing weak in some way or it could represent someone who makes excessive, child-like demands for nurturing on others. In Pisces one can attract experiences of victimization and exploitation in connection with love; placed in the third house they may haunt the local strip joints to find it. Asteroid Amor in Leo might require constant adulation and assurances for being the wonderful lover they think they are; placed in the tenth house, they may be adored as powerful authority figures. Rock musician Jimi Hendrix was born with asteroid Amor in his tenth house of career and public life, in square to Pluto and the Vertex of Fate in the eighth house of sex, death, power and occult influences. Jimi's music certainly had an enchanting effect; the same combination points to the circumstances surrounding his untimely death from complications related to taking drugs.

Asteroid Eros: Demetra George states that Eros was "a primal, phallic god born out of Chaos (the Void) at the beginning of time." He was later known as the son of Mars and Venus and was considered ruler of sexual desire. Ideally Eros is supposed to represent the tantric path of transforming instinctual sexual drive into skilled erotic love as a way to enlightenment. Beyond that, Eros is that which "turns us on", an emotional force that drives the desire for physical, sexual consummation.

In a chart Eros would symbolize our passion, that which sexually attracts us, our sexual preference and the primal font of desire-energy. A person with a strong Eros would be moved to periodically re-create the experience of finding and being in love A well-represented Eros seeks regular physical contact with others, especially involving sex. Add charisma and the ability to charm anyone, especially if Eros is conjunct the Ascendant, Venus or Mars. Eros conjunct Sun, Moon, Venus or Mars can be quite liberal with their favors when circumstances permit. According to astrologer Zane Stein, if one person's Eros makes an aspect to another person's planet, then the Eros person is smitten with the planet person and planet person often returns the feeling, even if his Eros makes no reciprocal aspect.

Eros shows our longing for completeness and along with Amor provides clues for finding a "soul mate". By aspect to another's planets or points, it can also symbolize the force of love which can change that person's life. Transiting Eros can be a harbinger of the new love affair or signal the appearance of sudden attractions, erotic feelings, thoughts and dreams. Astrologer Kim Falconers's delineations of Eros by house, sign and aspect are recommended as a valuable resource for interpretation.

Martha Lang-Wescott mentions Eros retrograde as denoting a state where the sexual interests and compulsions of other people to which one is sexually attracted, create difficulty as in when a partner seeks satisfaction through internet porn instead of with an actual person. There can also be repression of the sex drive on occasion, sexual dysfunction, premature sexual experiences or a tendency to seek outlets for unconventional sexual fulfillment. Eros in quincunx aspect can represent guilt and over-reaction towards the sexual experience; a waning quincunx can show that others make you feel that you should do more to please the partner sexually. Actress Elizabeth Taylor, known for her sensual and seductive roles in cinema, has Eros at 4° Pisces 38', right between her natal Mars at 1°Pisces 33' and Sun-Mercury at 7° Pisces; all located in her third house of basic communications. This combination is given public focus by an opposition to dreamy and cinematic Neptune and asteroid Psyche, both retrograde at 6° Virgo in Elizabeth's tenth house of career and public life.

What About Asteroid Psyche? Psyche is a connotation for the soul; astrologers exhibit some disagreement in the meaning of Psyche in the natal chart, and how its position should be interpreted. Much has been made of the story about Psyche and Cupid, with associated connotations about finding the "soul mate." But so often in real life, the soul mate is not the one who sweeps us off our feet, carrying us to eternal co-habitation in mutual bliss; rather they turn out to be the one who teaches the difficult lessons in life, delivering some pain along the way. Under the ides of Psyche one may be brought into confrontation with their own karmic issues regarding relationship, the conditions placed on love and one's own unique expression of love.

Martha Lang-Wescott suggests that Psyche's position "represents a point of damage...a psychological wound or trauma from which one does not really recover." A transit to Psyche can trigger a re-enactment of the pain or an old situation that got the best of one. The intrinsic concept of Psyche is "being purified by suffering." Wescott also notes that a natal Psyche retrograde can indicate someone who projects their problems onto others, live in denial through suppression of certain feelings and truths and/or being willfully blind to the damage they can inflict on others.

Demetra George has a much more positive take on Psyche, suggesting that the asteroid represents "the principle of being psychically attuned and bonded to another human being." Here Psyche is supposed to be a higher octave of Venus, love and psychic attunement to another at its most refined state. George maintains that softer aspects made with other planets and points can facilitate empathetic connection to others, while harder aspects indicate a lack of sensitivity. She suggests that Psyche power can express as mental telepathy, empathy, the ability to channel and direct energy fields or the ability to create material product; depending on the elemental designation of the sign the asteroid occupies.

Perhaps Psyche can be regarded as a facilitator for the power of love-and other archetypal instinctual forces- as channeled or not, on the physical plane. Therefore, for the purposes of this discussion, the asteroid is not included specifically as a love indicator. But its position and the aspects it makes should be considered in an examination of a natal chart, since it represents a most powerful pivot for better or worse, in the conduct of human affairs as pertains to the pursuit of love and being loved. Star tennis player Venus Williams has asteroid Psyche at 16°Taurus in conjunction to asteroid Chiron at the same degree, both in the eighth house of sex, death, control and power issues; these are in trine to her Mars at 17° Virgo 56' in the twelfth house of mastery. Her formidable athletic ability could be said to have its roots in deep and mysterious places of the soul, nurtured by a conduit into primal collective energy.

Below are a few observations made by the writer, on the love asteroids in hard aspect with each other and in association with major chart points and planets. Note that the magnetically attracting aspect of conjunction doesn't necessarily translate into a "nicer" person or one who has an easier time with love relationships. For example, sociopath Charles Manson has a conjunction of Eros exact on his Jupiter in Scorpio, located in his seventh house of partners and right on the Descendant; this placement serves as a symbol for distorted projection of the sex drive, rather than as an overwhelming desire to sexually please the partner.

Square or opposition between Eros and Amor: Sex is considered as separate from love. One may keep a mistress for great sex and a wife for serving the ideal of "pure" love in a committed relationship. Or this could be someone who loves being social, however keeps the love object at home. A softer contact between these two asteroids could symbolize a tantric union between erotic desire and platonic concepts of love and friendship.

Square or opposition between Eros and Cupido: This aspect can indicate excitement and erotic stimulation generated by playing the seductive love games you enjoy, in the company of someone who physically turns you on and who can play games too. In a square the exercise may degenerate into competition; in an opposition that which initially attracts you may be the very traits in another you seek to bring into line later.

Square or opposition between Cupido and Amor: Can indicates one who plays seductive love games in order to feel sexy or desirable, but who reserves their highest form of love for someone or something else in another setting altogether. Or the preliminary games of love constitute a test to see how much and in what manner the other is prepared to give.

Square or Opposition between Psyche and a Love Asteroid: Introduces a wounding element into the mix, wherein the individual may initially attempt to split off emotional and love needs from the necessary challenges and disillusioning experiences that must come with earthly life. Conversely, there may be a pattern of struggle and frustration around trying to get various love objects to cooperate with the individual's expectations of sacred union, perfect romance, endless attraction, utopia of twin-soul compatibility, etc.

Any of the Love Asteroids in Strong Aspect to the Moon's Nodes, Midheaven or Ascendant: Indicates that personal concepts of love are influenced by collective myths, taboos or longings; or can indicate a love affair with the public at large or the production of a product that arouses a sense of passion in the public. For example, Pyotr Tchaikovsky was a 19th century composer who produced music that is still widely played today; his Eros is in conjunction with the North Node at 2° Pisces; while his Amor at 5° Taurus is in sextile or trine with the Moon's Nodes at about 3° Virgo-Pisces, Chiron at 6° Cancer and the Ascendant-Descendant angles of the birth chart at 9° Cancer.

A Love Asteroid Unaspected or Weakly Aspected in a Natal Chart: Can actually represent a sizeable problem for the native, in that the energy represented by the placement then tends to express in an unconscious and unrestrained manner. This state of being matters because the expression of love and attainment of it in interaction with others constitutes a vital aspect of human existence. In this circumstance, aspects made with another person's planets or points can trigger all sorts of surprising phenomenon good or bad, until the individual comes to a conscious realization of the psychological dynamics insinuated by the natal sign and house placement of the asteroid.

Love Asteroids in Aspect to Planets:

Sun: The Sun represents essential identity, the true center of one's reason for being. Sun located close to a love asteroid would take the native's love act nation-wide; a love asteroid in hard aspect to the Sun could have the effect of blocking either one's own ability to love others or conversely can direct libido energy onto other external targets. Issues around parity in giving and receiving would concern aspects made to either Sun or Moon. Witness asteroid Eros in conjunction to the Sun, both in square to Venus; in a client's chart this indicated conscious suppression of her own formidable female sexual nature by becoming overweight instead.

Moon: The Moon represents security needs and the nurturing function; but in aspect to love asteroids the expression of this principle can go in weird directions. For example, a Moon in Aquarius person would likely require a certain amount of novelty, detachment and independence; they can therefore be drawn to the eccentric, unearthly, unavailable or fascist personality, depending on personal preference. It's another issue entirely, as to whether such traits in a potential loved one are actually healthy for a long-term or intimate relationship. Parental murderer Eric Menendez has Cupido and Amor in Pisces closely trine natal Moon in Scorpio and Neptune in Sagittarius; the two planets are straddling the foundation of the chart, pointing to unconscious mother, nurturing and security issues.

Mercury: With Mercury involved, communication is employed as a seductive turn-on. In return, the object of desire should be able to equally entertain the other with witty repartee, new information, interesting gossip, intellectual dialogue, etc. Talk show host Merv Griffin had Amor in Taurus and the eleventh house of community affairs, tightly in square to Mercury in Leo located in his second house of income. If natal Mercury is in a water sign and in aspect to a love asteroid, one could be skilled at making amorous contact with another via natural bioelectric resonance, psychic ability or astral visions.

Venus: A love asteroid teamed with the Goddess of Love should be a slam-dunk, but actually the combination can often translate into excessive behavior around matters of romance. A narcissist with Venus contacts can present as an object of desire or one who can command desire in others; alternatively there can be a lack of discrimination and a disregard for boundaries, one's own or other peoples'. This is an over-the-top "charisma ray" that can easily be re-directed towards pleasurable overindulgence of all kinds, from food to drugs to sex. As a candidate for a sex object that conquered the masses, Marilyn Monroe had Eros in Capricorn trine Venus in Aries. Functioning at a darker level of interaction, serial murderer Ted Bundy had Cupido in Capricorn sextile Venus in Scorpio; he had no difficulty seducing his female victims into "taking a ride."

Mars: There is no denying that Mars up close to a love asteroid can endow the native with incredible sex appeal. Actor Antonio Banderas has Eros almost exactly conjunct Mars in Gemini, in square to Pluto and Venus in Virgo, sigh; while sex kitten Bridgett Bardot has Cupido conjunct her Mars in Leo. The Martian drive in hard aspect to love asteroids can show up strongly in the charts of prominent athletes and those who traffic in violence. For example, martial artist and film star Jean-Claude Van Damme has Cupido at 15 ° Aries 27' retrograde in his sixth house of work, in square to Mars in Cancer elevated in the ninth house of higher mind.

Film director Oliver Stone, famous for presenting violence as cinematic art has Eros at 21 ° Cancer 17' and the ninth house of philosophy in tight square to a Mars-Chiron conjunction in social sign Libra and the twelfth house of appeal to the masses. We must also include O.J. Simpson, as both a superior athlete and possible performer in a heinous crime of passion. He has asteroids Amor and Cupido in conjunction on either side of his natal Mars at 6° Gemini, these also stand in opposition to asteroid Eros at 3° Sagittarius retrograde.

Jupiter: Jupiter traffics in belief systems; indicating attraction to someone or something which aligns or not, with one's own standards for approved social behavior, or conversely will judge or be judged for beliefs or mannerisms, with holding or granting approval accordingly. The native might also be drawn to those who will encourage them to go over the top in romantic and sensual indulgence, travel, sports, or religious proclivities. Evangelist Billy Graham had asteroid Amor in social sign Libra and his seventh house of partners, in square to Jupiter (organized religious beliefs) in Cancer and his fourth house of root psyche and home base appeal.

Saturn: In the positive sense Saturn with love asteroids can bestow security, stability, and a consistent environment within which to gain trust and to make strides in acquiring wisdom or producing a creative product. Negatively, it can express as power struggles for control, frustration, with holding, withdrawal, sex as a weapon and the inhibition of creative or independent activities in others. Media magnate Rupurt Murdoch has fifth house asteroid Amor (entertainment and speculation) in Aries square his first house Saturn in Capricorn. His life has been marked by a series of ruthless business skirmishes involving both competitors and his sons.

Neptune: Neptune's involvement can indicate an intimate association with one's own creative muse, or a liaison with someone who is an addict, misfit or ill in some way. Or we may be moved to project artistic or other bohemian tendencies we do not wish to personally own onto the beloved. Neptune can also bring visions of the loved one as not being of this earth or attuned to higher vibrations. In hard aspects one may habitually employ the rose-colored glasses to their detriment, in determining the suitability of others. Flamboyant entertainer Liberace had asteroid Eros in Aquarius and his second house of income, in opposition to an eighth house (occult contacts, other people's money) Neptune in Leo. The aspect makes a statement both about his creative muse and the ability to use his talents to generate a fortune over a lifetime.

Uranus: In the New Age sense contact with Uranus would indicate a requirement for surprises, enjoyment of unpredictability, futuristic orientation, even alternative preferences in sexuality. In the reactionary sense one could be excited by control freaks, rules, restrictions and a strong authoritative style. Both types of Uranus contact tend to get off on crisis, drama and disruption until maturity brings about certain realizations. Rock singer Jim Morrison had asteroids Amor and Cupido in Pisces and the first house of basic persona, in square to a Uranus-Mars conjunction (lightening-bolt drive and inspiration) in Gemini in the fourth house of root psyche, besides having asteroid Eros conjunct his Sun (center of identity) in the tenth house of career and public life.

Pluto: Here the contact must result in a transformative experience; close relationships that will consume and reconstruct the native are favored. Attraction must give way to deep emotional catharsis, penetration of the soul, perhaps a visit to the burning ground; nothing else will do. At a slightly less intensive level one might prefer to express their love through chronic power struggles involving sex, money, authority or some other symbol of Leviathan. Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis had asteroid Cupido in life-and-death Scorpio in conjunction to her natal Ascendant of persona and both in trine to Pluto in Cancer located in the eighth house of sex, death and other people's money. These eighth-house issues played out in her life with both husbands Robert Kennedy Jr. and Aristotle Onassis, as classic tragedies presented on a global stage."
          mysticmarguerite.com/WebDocs...ids.html

Tue, January 29, 2013 - 5:10 AM
            "The Astrology of Love

Eros functions most wholly through the magical encounters of sudden and often compulsive erotic intimacy, creative design and poetic expression. These experiences open us to the world of passion, desire and intense relating that brings a sense of life that no other occurrence can match. Suddenly, events become more meaningful, colors enrich, archetypal figures emerge and dreams turn into waking reality. Our link with the divine, with the desire to live completely and fully without apprehension or constraint, animates with a voraciousness paralleled only by other extreme events such as birth, or even death. Such is the nature of erotic love.

By including Eros in the natal, synastry and composite horoscope and by watching his positions by transit and progression, we can hope to learn more about our innate erotic nature. To ignore this god, even unwittingly, is to ignore a piece of our own heart.

Eros in the Signs

The asteroids or ‘minor planets’ are by no means minor in their power of expression.

Eros, like any planet in the astrological chart, represents a basic human need or drive. He moves us with a passion and intensity colored by the nature of the zodiac, and describes our approach to erotic love and creativity.

Eros in Aries wants action, competition and victory! The more impossible the relationship, the more ardent he becomes. Risky creative projects bring out the fervor in him and passion awakens during challenge and adventure. He hates feeling trapped, dominated or smothered.

Eros in Taurus seeks the indulgences of sensuality, be they in the dinning room, on the artist’s canvas or in a king size bed. He finds joy in tangible pursuits that revolve around making the body, or the bank account, feel good. He longs for transformation yet paradoxically dislikes change and upheaval.

Eros in Gemini thrives on the communication of ideas and the intellectual stimulation found in sharing observations, data and little understood facts. Tricky, curious and zany, this Eros flits from peeks to valleys—from head to heart to soul. In art or relationship, he can use triangles to avoid claustrophobia.

Eros in Cancer experiences a certain measure of affinity and ease with erotic transformation. Here the boundaries dissolve into a place of intimate rapport where emotions, fears and pains merge and mingle into one, in the studio or in the bedroom. There can be reluctance in the inevitable letting go.

Eros in Leo has a desire to feel extraordinary in an erotic union or project. The second of the fire signs, Eros here requires energy and returns it in playful abundance. He dazzles in the spotlight of admiration and gives priority to the creative, artistic side of life. Enter the drama and the theatrics!

Eros in Virgo has the propensity to analyze passion extensively before giving into them. There is an earthy, sensual quality to love and creativity, once the critical eye is closed. They relish the moment but do care what any bystanders might think. This makes the taboo uncomfortable and often inevitable.

Eros in Libra wants, above all, to participate with a significant other in many splendid activities. Eros here longs for beauty and refinement, yet grapples with intensity and closeness. Life needs to unfold pleasantly, but watch out for the Devil’s advocate if things get out of balance.

Eros in Scorpio has desires that are potent, fixed and involve a great deal of focus. He is interested in a deeply personal form of union and creative expression. There are few qualms about ripping off the surface scab of social superficiality to expose the true nature of one’s soul beneath.

Eros in Sagittarius is spontaneous, exuberant, adventurous and fickle. He prefers a lively experience with the beloved, one that will take him to the limitless reaches of the universe. Being with this Eros means being ready to soar. Travel is his watchword and that does not always mean physical!

Eros in Capricorn has powerful concepts about what is good and what is good enough. There is a need for competence and capability and an earthy sensuality that only unleashes after great time or deliberation. He looks for worldly results, until the mystic arrives. Then, the journey really begins.

Eros in Aquarius carries a high voltage charge with stimulating encounters that need a lot of air space to conduct electromagnetic charms. He desires the weird, the wonderful and the unusual, in the beloved or through the creative process. Fixed on autonomy, he may find intimacy brings shattering transformation.

Eros in Pisces wants to lose all sense of where he ends and the beloved begins. He desires a return to paradise, a drink from the Holy Grail and union with the divine. He is willing to give up everything to melt and merge until he is no longer distinct but part of a greater whole.

Eros in Aspect to the Natal Planets

The madness of being in love clearly shows many characteristics of soul activity: interference with plans and projects, long periods of time spent in daydream…projection of ideal fantasies…confusion about personal goals and values, a weakening of willpower—all of these reveal an activation of the deeper strata of the soul.

The aspects link the planets, points and angles together in the horoscope, creating indivisible bonds. Some ties will be harmonious; others will seem antithetic. The vital point is that they are connected at all. By looking at the Eros aspects in the natal chart, deeper meanings emerge.

If Eros links to the Sun, then evoking passions and erotic love will ignite an awareness of the essential Self. Contact with the Moon can link erotic love to comfort and nurturing while Mercury may want to express passion through the written or spoken word. Venus contacts may heighten the value of erotic love, combining it with charm and grace, while a Mars aspect may use it as a weapon or defense. Jupiter might dive into intimacy without hesitation; Saturn may be reluctant to let down his guard. A contact with Chiron may bring a deep insight through erotic love, and Uranus can mean sudden transformation or unexpected encounters. Neptune aspects to Eros may search for divine union through the erotic, more or less constantly; Pluto may tear down and rebuild the heart, over and over again.

Eros in the Houses

Any planet or sign in a house always suggests the most natural way to unfold the life plan in the area of life the house represents.
            Eros by house pinpoints where, on an inner or outer level, erotic love may awaken. It also describes a place where Eros may arrive, unannounced, to create, challenge and transform us.

Eros in the first House contributes towards the general approach to life. He may be part of the mask.

Eros in the second house values erotic union as a resource. It’s like a second skin.

When Eros resides in the third house, communication and familiar environments can hold a passionate experience of love and creative expression.

When Eros is found in the fourth house, the erotic links closely together with experiences of home and family. It resides in the roots of the being.

Eros in the fifth house can appear through self-expression—offspring, art work, performances, novels. There is a drive for distinction.

Eros in the sixth may have some finely tuned proficiency when it comes to passion, art and erotic love! It can manifest in the day to day living.

Eros in the seventh can turn socially significant relationships into erotic unions. The paradox between commitment and transformation abounds.

Eros in the eighth house has an increased desire to experience the erotic on a risky, often taboo level. Throw out the rules and enter the depths!

With Eros in the ninth house, discovery of new and previously incomprehensible concepts, peoples or vistas ignite feelings of passionate wonder and intrigue. There could be foreign affairs.

Those with Eros in the tenth house want the world to know they are passionate, erotic, potent and charismatic. It may be part of the career.

When Eros is found in the eleventh house, friendships, groups and goals take on creative and amorous qualities.

A twelfth house Eros may awaken through injury, suffering or confinement. The case of the doctor and patient, or even bereaved brother and widow come to mind. Creative expression comes from the depths of the collective.

When will I fall in love? Where is my soul mate? Is this relationship good? The most frequent questions asked of the astrologer often have something to do with love.

How do we answer? Where, in the horoscope, does the eye go first? We might look at Venus to discover what we value and attract. We may look next at the Moon to investigate the give and take of nurturing. We look at the Ascendant and Mars, noting powers of initiative and the expression of vital energy.

We look at the seventh and fifth houses, their rulers and any transits or progressions looming on the horizon. We look at the chart as a whole. Yet, how many of us are looking at the most specific indicator of attraction in the solar system? How many of us are looking at Eros?

Eros can give us information on a very specific kind of love. When touched off by transit, aspect or synastry, Eros evokes passions that ignore lunar comfort, Venus sensuality or Mars desires. Eros is not about relationships that make us feel secure. It is not about getting our way or winning love. It is not about commitment or harmony. Eros describes something altogether different. It describes the nature of erotic love.

At first, it may seem excessive to study asteroid 433 Eros when the horoscope bulges with numerous important symbols. Between mid-points, Arabic parts, fixed stars, Centaurs and other bodies, isn’t it already getting too complex?

We are talking about human beings here. It is supposed to be complex!

What is the god of love all about? The name itself is the ancient Greek word for erotic love, although its meaning is not necessarily sexual. Eros to the Greeks meant a merging of the souls in such a way that it created a lasting transformation. It can happen in any situation of great intimacy, emotional risk, taboo passion or creative expression.

Eros in current terms.

"Eros brings beauty, meaning and divinity into our lives. It comes to us through a very particular epiphany, a passionate inspiration present in a particular lover, teacher, melody, or landscape. We long to follow it always. But this is not the whole story. For Eros also brings us obsessions, cruelty, abandonment, and betrayal. It may come through anguish…”

Eros is about merging with the beloved to create change, because we must. With Eros, there is great risk, danger, and often compulsion, whether the beloved is an individual, a creative project or an icon of the divine. When Eros meets in two charts, no mater how unaffected the other planets are, something begins to brew beneath the surface. Given a chance to operate, a potent energy is always unleashed.

Venus and Eros may initially seem indistinguishable in the horoscope. Both are deities of love and represent involvement with another person or creative pursuit. Both are closely linked in mythology as well. Yet, they are not the same. By understanding the differences between these two deities, mythically and psychically, the distinction in the horoscope becomes clear.

Venus, as goddess of love, entices us to relate according to her pleasure, described by sign, house and aspect placement. Venus says come hither to connect, choose, indulge, have sex or social interactions and experience loveliness. Where Venus rules in the chart, we find our orientation towards and desire for socially significant relationships, values and appreciation of beauty.

Eros is the god of love. Originally, he predates Venus/Aphrodite, creating the manifest world long before she emerges from the sea. Later, he is Venus’s son, doing her bidding by causing others to fall in love. Sometimes he operates solely on his own, inducing his victims to fall into the madness of divine passion, not by choice or desire, but by fate.

Venus may rely on his help, requesting assistance or demanding action, but it is Eros who fires the arrow! Once pierced, even the gods could not deny Love.

Where Eros rules in the astrological chart—by sign, house and aspects—marks our beliefs, orientation and experiences of erotic love. This includes creative passions, transformational and sometimes taboo unions and the power of fate to manifest through intense intimacy with another. It can involve a direct experience of the divine.

Sex and intimacy belongs to both bodies. Venus has sex for sensual pleasure (Taurus) or to seal a deal (Libra). Eros has sex for the intimacy and power it brings and for the potential to transform by touching the divine soul of another, at whatever cost. The same holds true for the creative process.

Venus values and appreciates artistic expression for its beauty, refinement and the cultural and sensual articulation it provides; Eros creates because he is driven by the heart to merge, even briefly, with the ineffable. Eros has, up until now, been undervalued in our society because successful relationships are measured in terms of duration, commitment and orientation towards stability. Eros offers us a whole new yard stick, a whole new appreciation of intimacy and union that is based on risk and depth."
            astrotribe.tribe.net/thread/...b3817c31

Tue, January 29, 2013 - 5:14 AM
              "The Asteroid Eros can shed some light on some of our erotic turn-ons. In mythology, Eros was the god of sexual love and desire. He was considered irresistible. In Roman mythology, Eros was known as Cupid. "In Greek art Eros was depicted as a winged youth, slight but beautiful, often with eyes covered to symbolize the blindness of love. Sometimes he carried a flower, but more commonly the silver bow and arrows, with which he shot darts of desire into the bosoms of gods and men."

Eros overpowers the mind with love and sex. Eros represents sexual objectification, passion and desire, and creativity.

Don't know your Eros sign? See how you can find it below the interpretations.

Eros in the Signs.
              Eros in Aries. ( in)These people instinctively and quickly become infatuated. Their sexual attractions are formed quickly and they get off on the sensations of the moment in an intense manner. These lovers may seem a little erratic to others, simply because their passions rise and fall so quickly. They are not as giving and emotional in their sexual expression, but they are passionate while it lasts. Eros in Aries people are attached to the sensations of the moment and may see their partner as an object, or an extension of themselves. They often prefer to do the pursuing in relationships and may be addicted to the conquest.

Eros in Taurus. ( in )These are highly sensual lovers who may seek to own their partners. Sexual possessiveness is often an issue with these lovers, and, unlike Eros in Aries, competition is not a turn-on. These lovers can be somewhat primitive in their desires and not as attracted to too much sexual intricacy. Plenty of masturbation is likely, although these lovers tend to be most unhappy without a steady partner. Their sexual natures are rooted in the senses.

Eros in Gemini. ( in )These lovers are sexually curious and interested. They like to be knowledgeable in sexual matters, and often are turned on by the written and spoken word. They may write letters to their lover, or enjoy writing and reading erotica. Because it is difficult for these lovers to turn their minds off during sex, there is a voyeur within the person during sexual expression, and it may be difficult for these lovers to simply "let go". Many Eros in Gemini individuals enjoy talking, and being talked to, during sex.

Eros in Cancer. ( in )There is a need to infuse emotional care and nurture into the sex act. When the self-image is low, these lovers may use others as sexual objects, probably as a result of their fear of rejection. The breasts are a big turn-on, and many are orally fixated, and some may be attracted to a domination theme. When the self-image is stronger, intimacy and warmth are powerful stimulants. Eros in Cancer lovers seek to achieve psychic and emotional renewal through sex. They can be very intuitive bed partners. Sexual possessiveness is often an issue. Sometimes, these lovers want their partner to be relatively chaste, but they don't have the same standards for themselves. These lovers often fall in love with their sexual partners.

Eros in Leo. ( in )Fantasies for Eros in Leo often revolve around their partner's desire for them. These lovers generally get off on what they believe their sex partner must be feeling about them. They can put a lot of time into autoerotic behavior, and are often given to much flirtation and many infatuations. Nevertheless, they can be more loyal than most. Eros in Leo lives for love and attraction. They are threatened when passion settles down in their relationships. They feel the need to keep passion alive, and when it settles in a relationship, they can be addicted to flirting with other people in order to feel alive and potent. Eros in Leo lovers have a big ego investment in their relationships.

Eros in Virgo. ( in )Earthiness and intellectuality combine in Eros in Virgo. These lovers are sensual, especially when they are not thinking too much. Because of the tendency for Virgo to think and analyze, however, there can be a tendency to be one's own voyeur during sex. Vicarious enjoyment of sex is often highlighted with this placement. A meeting of minds is important to Eros in Virgo. These are somewhat moody lovers who may have distinct phases between promiscuity and celibacy. Virgo is very connected with--and aware of--the body and its functioning, and Eros in Virgo often seeks renewal through sex, with an attitude that sex is healthy and good for you. These are generally sensitive and tender lovers who do a lot to please their partners. Some awkwardness and shyness in terms of letting themselves go is often characteristic of this position. Virgo's symbol is the Virgin. This should not be taken literally, although when Virgo is connected to the sexual nature, there is a sense of purity and independence. These lovers can be promiscuous at times, and quite kinky, but emerge from their experiences with a sense of purity nevertheless.

Eros in Libra. ( in )This is a rather flirtatious and charming position of Eros. Libra's tendency toward a "tit for tat" attitude shows up as a desire for equality on a sexual level, but in practice, Eros in Libra lovers often forget their own sexual needs because they are focusing on those of their partner. Communication is sexy to these lovers. These people can be hopelessly addicted to all of the "trappings" of falling in love, so much so that when a relationship settles, it may seem boring. Highly romantic and charming, Eros in Libra people enjoy the social "game" surrounding making connections with lovers, and they can be quite seductive.

Eros in Scorpio. ( in )This is an especially erotic position of Eros. These lovers can be addicted to the thrill of getting to know a person inside and out, and to the power of love and sex. Intensity is important to these lovers. They don't just want their partner's body, they want a bit of their soul as well! This position suggests very little fear in the area of sexual intimacy, and these lovers will pretty much do anything and everything with a willing partner. They are passionate, and the more intense the relationship is, the better. Animal magnetism is high, probably because these people think about sex and intimacy a whole lot, and others may sense their intensity. They can easily get under your skin, tapping into others' desires.

Eros in Sagittarius. ( in )These lovers have an enthusiastic and exuberant appeal. Sex is meant to be fun for Eros in Sagittarius, and some roughhousing and plenty of hearty laughs are turn-ons. Sexuality is sometimes viewed as if it were a sport by these people. They may surprise you with a very open and almost innocent attitude toward sex and intimacy. Sex is a bit of a game, and how this attitude is received will depend a lot on the audience! There can be a bit of an addiction to the chase, and avoidance of intimacy when it feels restricting in any way. Tenderness and romance are not the kinds of expressions that come as easily to these lovers. Laughter and fun are aphrodisiacs for this position of Eros. Sexual exploration and freedom are important, as well as a need for sexual honesty—sex without the frills and trappings that these lovers may find to be unnatural and even dishonest. Eros in Sagittarius can show up as passion for knowledge, hunger for new experiences, and a love of travel and exploring new lands and cultures.

Eros in Capricorn. ( in )These natives are sensual and earthy in their sexual desires. The libido is strong, but controlled. Saturn-ruled Capricorn is a sign that likes to be in control—not necessarily in control of others, but in control of themselves. Many Eros in Capricorn people channel much of their desire nature into accomplishing something significant.

Eros in Aquarius. ( in )These lovers are intrigued by the unusual, finding variety exciting. The detachment of Aquarius can mean finding sensuality in non-contact scenarios in addition to contact ones. Sexual creativity is one of the strengths of this position. Their open minds with regards to sex can stimulate creativity in their partner.

Eros in Pisces. ( in )There is a chameleon in this position of Eros, as these lovers are very adaptable to their partner. This is not to say these lovers don't have sexual preferences or possess a strong identity. Instead, the Pisces compassion, and ability to understand and accept virtually every color of the rainbow shows through in a sexual/romantic way. They tend to be most comfortable and at ease when their partner is expressing him or herself confidently. This position also suggests a passion for Pisces-ruled subjects.

Eros in Aspect.
              When Eros is prominent in the chart (for example, if Eros is conjunct the Ascendant, or if it conjuncts the Sun, Moon, Venus, or Mars), Eros themes are strong in the individual's life. Often, the individual oozes sexuality in some way. The mind is often focused on sex and infatuation.

Famous people examples: Justin Timberlake has Venus conjunct Eros () within a 2 degree orb (in Capricorn) and square to Pluto. Elizabeth Taylor has a particularly powerful Eros: her Eros is in Pisces, conjunct both Sun and Mars, and opposing Neptune! Pamela Lee Anderson has Eros conjunct Moon (in Aries) opposite Mars, square Mercury, and trine Venus. O.J. Simpson has Eros in Sagittarius opposite Mars. Marilyn Monroe had Eros (in Capricorn) square Venus. Prince has Eros in Pisces square Sun and Saturn.

Eros in Love.
              Eros represents our awareness of our mortality. Because we know we are going to die, we continually recreate feelings (confirmation, if you will) of our own vitality. We can so do in a Leonine way—for example, through romance, bearing children, and creativity. Eros love is very self-centered. Eros is, indeed, turned on by the idea that they are arousing someone else, but this kind of "feedback" is very much used to feed our own need to feel alive and vital.

Finding Eros in Your Chart.
              Because Eros is a minor asteroid, finding its placement in your chart isn't quite as straightforward as finding that of your Sun, Moon, and so forth. The books referenced below contain ephemerides for Eros. You can also find the placement of Eros in a chart online:"
              livevisionz.com/LOVE___AST...D_EROS.html

Eros is Asteroid # 433.

Tue, January 29, 2013 - 5:20 AM
              "The Love Asteroids: Cupido, Amor, Eros and Psyche

By C. Marguerite Hafeman
              So much more information and insight on romantic issues can be found by looking at the natal positions of those asteroids most commonly associated with the pursuit of love. Let's take a cruise on down past Venus and Mars, check out how Cupido, Amor, Eros and Psyche can make the dance of love that much more piquant and complex.

Asteroid Cupido: In Greek myth, Cupid is the son of Venus; his job was to "wound" the unwary with his arrows of love; awaken a consuming affection directed towards a particular object of desire. In one well-known tale, Cupid becomes entangled with Psyche, a beautiful king's daughter who has roused the jealousy of Venus; the tale is actually an allegory about how the soul obtains a true understanding of love by undergoing much suffering and hard experience.

In astrology, the asteroid Cupido by itself would perhaps be associated with the trials of love associated with the initial enthrallment and acts of seduction performed in order to obtain the love object, not the sexual act itself. Examples of an overactive Cupido can include crushes, cultivating romance for the sake of the game or putting the object of desire up on a pedestal. In the dark sense, romantic enthrallment can originate out of a love for the chase, only to abandon the prey once it is caught. Asteroid Cupido is not to be confused with Alfred Witt's Uranian body Cupido, which is associated more with family, marriage, tantra and art.

The natal sign and house Cupido is in would indicate the style, tone and preferred arena of action for an individual's romantic powers; aspects made to Cupido would pertain to the circumstances, positive or negative, under which one would be drawn into a dance of courtship with the object of love. Hard planetary aspects made to Cupido can relate either to that quality which particularly excites us in generating attraction or the barriers and obstacles we erect between ourselves and the object of desire. The latter could include actual physical obligations, hang-ups, fears, perfectionism, and a need for control or becoming enthralled with someone who is patently unobtainable. Or we may be essentially unobtainable ourselves, wrapped in a narcissic contemplation of the self. A strong Cupido in positive aspect to any of the planets would make one highly desirable to others in the ways expressed by the planet being aspected. For example, a native with a sixth house Cupido conjunct Venus in Capricorn and both in trine to a second house Saturn in Virgo could present as seductively overwhelming to someone turned on by financially stable, enterprising and fatherly authority figures.

Cupido unaspected or retrograde could relate to a tendency to repress and/or disown one's own real needs in the exchange of love, instead sublimating these qualities to a set of conditions put forth by the desired object, or sublimation in favor of an unrealistic set of conditions that are then projected onto the desired object. The common pattern would be to fall in love with surface qualities first such as beautiful face and figure, a sweet demeanor, and a kind voice; then discover what the person is really like later. Often the proposed love object has no interest in fulfilling the others own personal needs for love and affection. Painful rejection happens because the Cupido person did not allow an honest appraisal of their own real needs in the first place, nor clearly perceived the needs and nature of the person being pursued. One has fallen for an image and a presentation, rather than the real person.

Natal sign position has an influence on Cupido's style and tone. In Aries one is inclined to go directly and aggressively after the object of desire, however may not stay around once having "scored". Placed in Gemini, Cupido can be a mark of the silver-tongued devil, the two-faced fella. A Cupido placed in Virgo could attract with clean, earthly sensuality or a penchant for organization. Going by the house, a first house Cupido for example represents someone whose personal image and presentation is calculated to magnetize infatuation in others. A fourth house placement may seduce through home cooking; in the ninth, perhaps wow dates with cultural events. A twelfth house Cupido might be prone to seduction via pornography or fantasy; can be fascinated with alternative forms of lovemaking or can become an object of compulsive desire, romance or erotic pleasuring for the collective. An example of a strongly placed Cupido who seduced the masses is Rudolph Valentino, premiere professional lover of the silver screen. He had Cupido in the twelfth house at 28° Virgo 43' conjunct his Ascendant at 00°Libra 54'.

Asteroid Amor: Amor is the Roman god of love; the asteroid represents compassion, empathy and loving kindness. As astrologer Demetra George notes, Amor represents a state of loving rather than falling in love. Amor can represent love of anything dear to the heart; George suggests that the archetype functions as the intermediary between the sensual love of Venus and the higher, platonic love of Neptune. Astrologer Zane B. Stein relates Amor to idealized love and related feelings. This would be warmth and love as one believes it should be; a person with a strongly placed Amor believes in the notion of "true love" and searches for the "soul mate". Martha Lang-Wescott notes that the sign, house and aspect pattern associated with Amor demonstrates conditions that are put on "unconditional giving and loving"; therefore the natal placement can show what keeps us from living up to our own ideals and expectations of what love really is. It can also symbolize what we substitute for love, what were our role models for love and our experience and examples of true, perfect and ideal love.

The natal house Amor occupies is where the person believes they will be able to express this highest form of love. Since the asteroid represents an ideal, if it is afflicted the person can feel incapable of achieving his ideal love or unworthy of being given love. One may even do self-sabotage in order to avoid experiencing love up close and real, since unconditional love does not easily exist within a framework of control and predictability. Zane suggests that planet in square or opposition to Amor can represent something else desirable that is preferred to love. One person's Amor conjunct a planet in another's chart brings feeling of love, however if that person also has a natal planet in hard aspect to Amor, it conflicts with the other person's chart and the result is a volatile state of love/hate.

Amor in opposition to planets or other love asteroids can indicate a situation where opposites attract; the loved one functions as a devil's advocate or as an expression of one's own shadow. Hard aspects in general tends to link the native up with people whose concept of love and sharing is very different from their own, resulting in various distortions of the impulse to love such as withholding, manipulating, caretaking, domination-submission scenarios etc.

Amor retrograde could intensify perfectionist conditions placed on the attainment of love. Correspondingly, the individual can be overly idealistic, controlling or attach a list of entitlements to their definition of love; conversely they may be judgmental of humanity at large, or feel so intrinsically unlovable that they never reach out to anyone in love. They might again attract those who cannot and will not return their affections in a normal way. To the degree that the concept of love has been distorted (e.g. associated essentially with a certain standard of perfection, pain or sexual dysfunction,) will be the degree to which one attracts those who are unsuitable and even damaging to them.

The sign and house Amor is found in can indicate the nature of issues that can block or interferes with the exchange of or participation in earthly, obtainable love. For example, Amor in Taurus and the second house can be very materialistic, putting money before love; or they require a lover who will cater to all sensual demands, in and out of bed. Placed in Cancer and the sixth house Amor might represent a compulsive caretaker of those selected for appearing weak in some way or it could represent someone who makes excessive, child-like demands for nurturing on others. In Pisces one can attract experiences of victimization and exploitation in connection with love; placed in the third house they may haunt the local strip joints to find it. Asteroid Amor in Leo might require constant adulation and assurances for being the wonderful lover they think they are; placed in the tenth house, they may be adored as powerful authority figures. Rock musician Jimi Hendrix was born with asteroid Amor in his tenth house of career and public life, in square to Pluto and the Vertex of Fate in the eighth house of sex, death, power and occult influences. Jimi's music certainly had an enchanting effect; the same combination points to the circumstances surrounding his untimely death from complications related to taking drugs.

Asteroid Eros: Demetra George states that Eros was "a primal, phallic god born out of Chaos (the Void) at the beginning of time." He was later known as the son of Mars and Venus and was considered ruler of sexual desire. Ideally Eros is supposed to represent the tantric path of transforming instinctual sexual drive into skilled erotic love as a way to enlightenment. Beyond that, Eros is that which "turns us on", an emotional force that drives the desire for physical, sexual consummation.

In a chart Eros would symbolize our passion, that which sexually attracts us, our sexual preference and the primal font of desire-energy. A person with a strong Eros would be moved to periodically re-create the experience of finding and being in love A well-represented Eros seeks regular physical contact with others, especially involving sex. Add charisma and the ability to charm anyone, especially if Eros is conjunct the Ascendant, Venus or Mars. Eros conjunct Sun, Moon, Venus or Mars can be quite liberal with their favors when circumstances permit. According to astrologer Zane Stein, if one person's Eros makes an aspect to another person's planet, then the Eros person is smitten with the planet person and planet person often returns the feeling, even if his Eros makes no reciprocal aspect.

Eros shows our longing for completeness and along with Amor provides clues for finding a "soul mate". By aspect to another's planets or points, it can also symbolize the force of love which can change that person's life. Transiting Eros can be a harbinger of the new love affair or signal the appearance of sudden attractions, erotic feelings, thoughts and dreams. Astrologer Kim Falconers's delineations of Eros by house, sign and aspect are recommended as a valuable resource for interpretation.

Martha Lang-Wescott mentions Eros retrograde as denoting a state where the sexual interests and compulsions of other people to which one is sexually attracted, create difficulty as in when a partner seeks satisfaction through internet porn instead of with an actual person. There can also be repression of the sex drive on occasion, sexual dysfunction, premature sexual experiences or a tendency to seek outlets for unconventional sexual fulfillment. Eros in quincunx aspect can represent guilt and over-reaction towards the sexual experience; a waning quincunx can show that others make you feel that you should do more to please the partner sexually. Actress Elizabeth Taylor, known for her sensual and seductive roles in cinema, has Eros at 4° Pisces 38', right between her natal Mars at 1°Pisces 33' and Sun-Mercury at 7° Pisces; all located in her third house of basic communications. This combination is given public focus by an opposition to dreamy and cinematic Neptune and asteroid Psyche, both retrograde at 6° Virgo in Elizabeth's tenth house of career and public life.

What About Asteroid Psyche? Psyche is a connotation for the soul; astrologers exhibit some disagreement in the meaning of Psyche in the natal chart, and how its position should be interpreted. Much has been made of the story about Psyche and Cupid, with associated connotations about finding the "soul mate." But so often in real life, the soul mate is not the one who sweeps us off our feet, carrying us to eternal co-habitation in mutual bliss; rather they turn out to be the one who teaches the difficult lessons in life, delivering some pain along the way. Under the ides of Psyche one may be brought into confrontation with their own karmic issues regarding relationship, the conditions placed on love and one's own unique expression of love.

Martha Lang-Wescott suggests that Psyche's position "represents a point of damage...a psychological wound or trauma from which one does not really recover." A transit to Psyche can trigger a re-enactment of the pain or an old situation that got the best of one. The intrinsic concept of Psyche is "being purified by suffering." Wescott also notes that a natal Psyche retrograde can indicate someone who projects their problems onto others, live in denial through suppression of certain feelings and truths and/or being willfully blind to the damage they can inflict on others.

Demetra George has a much more positive take on Psyche, suggesting that the asteroid represents "the principle of being psychically attuned and bonded to another human being." Here Psyche is supposed to be a higher octave of Venus, love and psychic attunement to another at its most refined state. George maintains that softer aspects made with other planets and points can facilitate empathetic connection to others, while harder aspects indicate a lack of sensitivity. She suggests that Psyche power can express as mental telepathy, empathy, the ability to channel and direct energy fields or the ability to create material product; depending on the elemental designation of the sign the asteroid occupies.

Perhaps Psyche can be regarded as a facilitator for the power of love-and other archetypal instinctual forces- as channeled or not, on the physical plane. Therefore, for the purposes of this discussion, the asteroid is not included specifically as a love indicator. But its position and the aspects it makes should be considered in an examination of a natal chart, since it represents a most powerful pivot for better or worse, in the conduct of human affairs as pertains to the pursuit of love and being loved. Star tennis player Venus Williams has asteroid Psyche at 16°Taurus in conjunction to asteroid Chiron at the same degree, both in the eighth house of sex, death, control and power issues; these are in trine to her Mars at 17° Virgo 56' in the twelfth house of mastery. Her formidable athletic ability could be said to have its roots in deep and mysterious places of the soul, nurtured by a conduit into primal collective energy.

Below are a few observations made by the writer, on the love asteroids in hard aspect with each other and in association with major chart points and planets. Note that the magnetically attracting aspect of conjunction doesn't necessarily translate into a "nicer" person or one who has an easier time with love relationships. For example, sociopath Charles Manson has a conjunction of Eros exact on his Jupiter in Scorpio, located in his seventh house of partners and right on the Descendant; this placement serves as a symbol for distorted projection of the sex drive, rather than as an overwhelming desire to sexually please the partner.

Square or opposition between Eros and Amor: Sex is considered as separate from love. One may keep a mistress for great sex and a wife for serving the ideal of "pure" love in a committed relationship. Or this could be someone who loves being social, however keeps the love object at home. A softer contact between these two asteroids could symbolize a tantric union between erotic desire and platonic concepts of love and friendship.

Square or opposition between Eros and Cupido: This aspect can indicate excitement and erotic stimulation generated by playing the seductive love games you enjoy, in the company of someone who physically turns you on and who can play games too. In a square the exercise may degenerate into competition; in an opposition that which initially attracts you may be the very traits in another you seek to bring into line later.

Square or opposition between Cupido and Amor: Can indicates one who plays seductive love games in order to feel sexy or desirable, but who reserves their highest form of love for someone or something else in another setting altogether. Or the preliminary games of love constitute a test to see how much and in what manner the other is prepared to give.

Square or Opposition between Psyche and a Love Asteroid: Introduces a wounding element into the mix, wherein the individual may initially attempt to split off emotional and love needs from the necessary challenges and disillusioning experiences that must come with earthly life. Conversely, there may be a pattern of struggle and frustration around trying to get various love objects to cooperate with the individual's expectations of sacred union, perfect romance, endless attraction, utopia of twin-soul compatibility, etc.

Any of the Love Asteroids in Strong Aspect to the Moon's Nodes, Midheaven or Ascendant: Indicates that personal concepts of love are influenced by collective myths, taboos or longings; or can indicate a love affair with the public at large or the production of a product that arouses a sense of passion in the public. For example, Pyotr Tchaikovsky was a 19th century composer who produced music that is still widely played today; his Eros is in conjunction with the North Node at 2° Pisces; while his Amor at 5° Taurus is in sextile or trine with the Moon's Nodes at about 3° Virgo-Pisces, Chiron at 6° Cancer and the Ascendant-Descendant angles of the birth chart at 9° Cancer.

A Love Asteroid Unaspected or Weakly Aspected in a Natal Chart: Can actually represent a sizeable problem for the native, in that the energy represented by the placement then tends to express in an unconscious and unrestrained manner. This state of being matters because the expression of love and attainment of it in interaction with others constitutes a vital aspect of human existence. In this circumstance, aspects made with another person's planets or points can trigger all sorts of surprising phenomenon good or bad, until the individual comes to a conscious realization of the psychological dynamics insinuated by the natal sign and house placement of the asteroid.

Love Asteroids in Aspect to Planets:

Sun: The Sun represents essential identity, the true center of one's reason for being. Sun located close to a love asteroid would take the native's love act nation-wide; a love asteroid in hard aspect to the Sun could have the effect of blocking either one's own ability to love others or conversely can direct libido energy onto other external targets. Issues around parity in giving and receiving would concern aspects made to either Sun or Moon. Witness asteroid Eros in conjunction to the Sun, both in square to Venus; in a client's chart this indicated conscious suppression of her own formidable female sexual nature by becoming overweight instead.

Moon: The Moon represents security needs and the nurturing function; but in aspect to love asteroids the expression of this principle can go in weird directions. For example, a Moon in Aquarius person would likely require a certain amount of novelty, detachment and independence; they can therefore be drawn to the eccentric, unearthly, unavailable or fascist personality, depending on personal preference. It's another issue entirely, as to whether such traits in a potential loved one are actually healthy for a long-term or intimate relationship. Parental murderer Eric Menendez has Cupido and Amor in Pisces closely trine natal Moon in Scorpio and Neptune in Sagittarius; the two planets are straddling the foundation of the chart, pointing to unconscious mother, nurturing and security issues.

Mercury: With Mercury involved, communication is employed as a seductive turn-on. In return, the object of desire should be able to equally entertain the other with witty repartee, new information, interesting gossip, intellectual dialogue, etc. Talk show host Merv Griffin had Amor in Taurus and the eleventh house of community affairs, tightly in square to Mercury in Leo located in his second house of income. If natal Mercury is in a water sign and in aspect to a love asteroid, one could be skilled at making amorous contact with another via natural bioelectric resonance, psychic ability or astral visions.

Venus: A love asteroid teamed with the Goddess of Love should be a slam-dunk, but actually the combination can often translate into excessive behavior around matters of romance. A narcissist with Venus contacts can present as an object of desire or one who can command desire in others; alternatively there can be a lack of discrimination and a disregard for boundaries, one's own or other peoples'. This is an over-the-top "charisma ray" that can easily be re-directed towards pleasurable overindulgence of all kinds, from food to drugs to sex. As a candidate for a sex object that conquered the masses, Marilyn Monroe had Eros in Capricorn trine Venus in Aries. Functioning at a darker level of interaction, serial murderer Ted Bundy had Cupido in Capricorn sextile Venus in Scorpio; he had no difficulty seducing his female victims into "taking a ride."

Mars: There is no denying that Mars up close to a love asteroid can endow the native with incredible sex appeal. Actor Antonio Banderas has Eros almost exactly conjunct Mars in Gemini, in square to Pluto and Venus in Virgo, sigh; while sex kitten Bridgett Bardot has Cupido conjunct her Mars in Leo. The Martian drive in hard aspect to love asteroids can show up strongly in the charts of prominent athletes and those who traffic in violence. For example, martial artist and film star Jean-Claude Van Damme has Cupido at 15 ° Aries 27' retrograde in his sixth house of work, in square to Mars in Cancer elevated in the ninth house of higher mind.

Film director Oliver Stone, famous for presenting violence as cinematic art has Eros at 21 ° Cancer 17' and the ninth house of philosophy in tight square to a Mars-Chiron conjunction in social sign Libra and the twelfth house of appeal to the masses. We must also include O.J. Simpson, as both a superior athlete and possible performer in a heinous crime of passion. He has asteroids Amor and Cupido in conjunction on either side of his natal Mars at 6° Gemini, these also stand in opposition to asteroid Eros at 3° Sagittarius retrograde.

Jupiter: Jupiter traffics in belief systems; indicating attraction to someone or something which aligns or not, with one's own standards for approved social behavior, or conversely will judge or be judged for beliefs or mannerisms, with holding or granting approval accordingly. The native might also be drawn to those who will encourage them to go over the top in romantic and sensual indulgence, travel, sports, or religious proclivities. Evangelist Billy Graham had asteroid Amor in social sign Libra and his seventh house of partners, in square to Jupiter (organized religious beliefs) in Cancer and his fourth house of root psyche and home base appeal.

Saturn: In the positive sense Saturn with love asteroids can bestow security, stability, and a consistent environment within which to gain trust and to make strides in acquiring wisdom or producing a creative product. Negatively, it can express as power struggles for control, frustration, with holding, withdrawal, sex as a weapon and the inhibition of creative or independent activities in others. Media magnate Rupurt Murdoch has fifth house asteroid Amor (entertainment and speculation) in Aries square his first house Saturn in Capricorn. His life has been marked by a series of ruthless business skirmishes involving both competitors and his sons.

Neptune: Neptune's involvement can indicate an intimate association with one's own creative muse, or a liaison with someone who is an addict, misfit or ill in some way. Or we may be moved to project artistic or other bohemian tendencies we do not wish to personally own onto the beloved. Neptune can also bring visions of the loved one as not being of this earth or attuned to higher vibrations. In hard aspects one may habitually employ the rose-colored glasses to their detriment, in determining the suitability of others. Flamboyant entertainer Liberace had asteroid Eros in Aquarius and his second house of income, in opposition to an eighth house (occult contacts, other people's money) Neptune in Leo. The aspect makes a statement both about his creative muse and the ability to use his talents to generate a fortune over a lifetime.

Uranus: In the New Age sense contact with Uranus would indicate a requirement for surprises, enjoyment of unpredictability, futuristic orientation, even alternative preferences in sexuality. In the reactionary sense one could be excited by control freaks, rules, restrictions and a strong authoritative style. Both types of Uranus contact tend to get off on crisis, drama and disruption until maturity brings about certain realizations. Rock singer Jim Morrison had asteroids Amor and Cupido in Pisces and the first house of basic persona, in square to a Uranus-Mars conjunction (lightening-bolt drive and inspiration) in Gemini in the fourth house of root psyche, besides having asteroid Eros conjunct his Sun (center of identity) in the tenth house of career and public life.

Pluto: Here the contact must result in a transformative experience; close relationships that will consume and reconstruct the native are favored. Attraction must give way to deep emotional catharsis, penetration of the soul, perhaps a visit to the burning ground; nothing else will do. At a slightly less intensive level one might prefer to express their love through chronic power struggles involving sex, money, authority or some other symbol of Leviathan. Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis had asteroid Cupido in life-and-death Scorpio in conjunction to her natal Ascendant of persona and both in trine to Pluto in Cancer located in the eighth house of sex, death and other people's money. These eighth-house issues played out in her life with both husbands Robert Kennedy Jr. and Aristotle Onassis, as classic tragedies presented on a global stage."

Author's Note: Any reader interested in locating their own natal positions for the love asteroids under discussion, can do so at the interactive website www.megadelfi.com/~jonathan/eph/ .

Tue, January 29, 2013 - 5:40 AM
                Psyche & Eros: Sensitivity and Passion
                Either love is in the air--or someone has hot pants--because I keep getting hits from people looking for information on Psyche and Eros. Talk about lust in the dust! Okay, I've transcribed the information on these two asteroids from that splendid book by Demetra George at psyast.blogspot.com/search/l...Asteroids --and I've even included a video by Marvin Gaye for those who can't wait.

Psyche & Eros:
                Asteroids of Sensitivity and Passion

The asteroid Psyche represents the principle of being psychically attuned and bonded to another human being. Often portrayed as a butterfly maiden, Psyche was born as a beautiful mortal, who in her search for reunion with her lover Eros (the Roman god Cupid), mastered heroic tasks set upon her by a wrathful mother, Aphrodite (Eros’s mother). Through each undertaking, Psyche sensitized her internal telepathic channels. Depicting the soul’s journey from mortality to divinity, Psyche successfully transformed her earthly nature into that of a deity so that she could become the heavenly bride of Eros, god of erotic love. Their union produced children named Bliss, Pleasure, and Ecstasy. Together, their love has come to symbolize soul-mate union.

In perfecting the relationship progression of Lilith (the scorned mate) and Juno (the faithful Life Partner), Psyche represents the completion stage of the development of the feminine as a consort. Astrologically, Psyche is a higher octave of Venus, expressing a refinement of personal love and psychic attunement to another. Through following the path of Psyche, conscious relationship provides a path to spiritual illumination.

In chart analysis, a prominent Psyche symbolizes the capacity for psychic sensitivity to the mind and feelings of another person (her symbol or glyph is the Greek letter psi.) This heightened awareness can produce the yearning for mystic, soul-mate union. Stressful placements of Psyche can indicate a total lack of sensitivity to others, a blocked psychic awareness, or the inability to enter personal relationships. Because of their need for deep, intuitive communication, Psyche individuals may often decline to enter into superficial or short-term relationships. Thus, they may have many admirers but remain essentially alone.

When analyzed according to element, Psyche in an air sign depicts mental telepathy; in water, she implies empathy; in fire, she suggests the ability to control and direct energy fields; and in earth, she points to achievements in physical manifestation.

Psyche aspects connect the meaning of the contacted planet with a heightened awareness: with Uranus, she indicates precognition; with Chiron, she indicates abilities in psychic healing; and in Ceres, she can show how the individual can mirror skills in communicating with plants or children. In synastry, Psyche contacts describe points of intuitive knowing—and understanding—or total lack thereof—between individuals. Psyche-Eros contacts indicate the potential for soul-mate union.

Eros, god of erotic love, represents the principle of passionate desire. Mythologically, Eros was a primal, phallic god born out of Chaos (the Void) at the beginning of time. Embodying the masculine sexual force, he served as the generative masculine power which brought the world into creation. Thus, he manifested as the son of Mars and Venus in later Roman myths.

Astrologically, Eros functions as a higher octave of Mars. Eros was able to refine and transform his unconscious, instinctual sexual drive into erotic love as a path to spiritual illumination through his romance with Psyche. In classical Greece, Eros became a patron of homosexual love and can be one indicator of sexual preference. Beyond sexuality, Eros’ passion is experienced as simply “whatever turns you on, excites, or arouses.” Eros is also the powerful emotional force that motivates one toward consummating desires and visions.

In chart analysis, Eros serves as an indicator of one’s passion, sexual attraction, sexual preference, and vital energy. The Eros personality is marked by the need to continuously recreate the excitement of falling in and being in love. Hence, Eros by transit is a timer of sexual activity.

Stressful placements of Eros in the chart may describe potential difficulties in sexual potency and activity, frustrated passion, a depletion of vital force, or obsessive-compulsive attitudes toward love until the individual positively channels passion. Planetary contacts indicate that the individual will be “turned on” by the aspected planet: with Ceres, the passion is food; with Uranus, metaphysics, astrology, and music; with Saturn, a love of work. In synastry, Eros aspects signify sexual compatibility and the reciprocation of passion."
                psyast.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12...ion.html

Tue, January 29, 2013 - 5:41 AM
                  "The Asteroid Eros represents erotic love. Eros represents what turns us on. Eros represents our passionate and erotic energy and how we use it. When someone’s planet touches our natal Eros in synastry, it is as if we have been stuck by Cupid’s arrow. We are mesmerized, enchanted, and even obsessed with this person. You want to merge into this individual and build an intimate bond with them. It is generally thought that when your Eros makes an aspect to another person’s planet or point, you have a big crush on that person, and may even feel obsessed with them.

The conjunction is the most potent aspect, followed by the opposition. The square indicates attraction, but at the same time, friction and frustration. The trine and sextile are pleasing and harmonious, but the connection is not as intense as it is with the hard aspects.

Eros-Sun: This relationship will serve to help each person discover their erotic sides. The Eros person may feel obsessed with the Sun person, and the Sun person is turned on by the Eros person’s sexual energy. Just by being him/herself, the Sun person stimulates the Eros person’s sexual desires and need for intimacy. The Sun person feels more alive and energetic around the Eros person, as Eros puts the Sun person in touch with their most erotic, taboo desires.

Eros-Moon: This connection combines emotional love with erotic love. This is a very deep and intimate connection. The Eros person is deeply drawn to the Moon person’s emotional nature. Eros wants to experience a deep bond with the Moon person, based on emotional sharing and eroticism. The Moon person is deeply turned on by the Eros person’s intensity and sexual charisma. Eros forces the Moon person to get in touch with their erotic nature, while the Moon person makes the Eros person feel nurtured and understood.

Eros-Venus: This is an indication of an explosive and irresistible attraction. Eros is very drawn to the Venus person’s grace, charm, and beauty, and deeply desires intimacy with them. Venus is drawn to Eros’ sexual charisma and intensity. Venus’ sensuality turns on the Eros person’s sexual desires and erotic nature. Eros feels their senses are triggered when the Venus person is around them. This is a highly magnetic bond which borders on the irresistible!

Eros-Mars: This is one of my favorite Eros aspects! The god of erotic love meets the planet of sex! This is a very good indication of sexual compatibility. The two of you may be sexually obsessed with one another. The sex is very satisfying for the both of you. The difference between them is that the Mars person may see the sex as less of an erotic “merging” than the Eros person, but the attraction is nevertheless strong.

Eros-Jupiter: Eros’ feelings of love and passion are expanded by Jupiter’s jovial and optimistic nature. Jupiter shows Eros new ways of sexual expression, while Eros stimulates Jupiter’s desire for intimacy and passion. Eros is happy to have such an open-minded and generous lover.

Eros-Saturn: This connection sometimes indicates a love-hate scenario. The Eros person may feel that the Saturn person refuses to accept the attraction they have for the Eros person. Eros is nevertheless attracted to the Saturn person’s stability and maturity. Perhaps the Eros finds the Saturn person erotic in a “father figure” or authoritarian sort of way.

Eros-Uranus: This connection is electric and exciting. The Uranus person opens the Eros person’s mind to a variety of sexual possibilities. At the same time, Eros may feel disappointed when Uranus seems distant and hard to reach, as Eros desires complete intimacy and erotic merging with the Uranus person.

Eros-Neptune: This connection is both erotic and dreamy. As such, the passion and intimacy you share with one another is akin to a fairy tale romance. The Eros person stimulates the Neptune person’s sexual fantasies, and Eros is drawn to Neptune’s compassionate nature. Neptune intuitively understands what Eros wants and needs in terms of eroticism and intimacy, and gladly provides it.

Eros-Pluto: This is a great aspect, as both Eros and Pluto seek the same things when it comes to relationships: intensity, transformation, and a high level of intimacy. This is a highly obsessive and explosive union. The two will enjoy exploring sexual taboos with one another. They feel they are fated to be with one another. The attraction is magnetic and irresistible, and the couple might experience dramatic highs and lows throughout their relationship, due to the intensity of feelings involved.

Eros-Ascendant: The Eros person takes immediate notice of the Ascendant person. He finds her extremely sexy and physically attractive. The Ascendant person’s physical appearance triggers the Eros person’s most intense sexual feelings. Eros square Ascendant: The Eros person is very attracted to the Ascendant person, yet may at the same time feel that the Eros person is very different than who they are generally attracted to. Nevertheless, the Eros person’s erotic feelings are stimulated, and the desire is strong.

Eros-Descendant: The Eros person is irresistibly attracted to the Descendant person, while the Descendant person feels the Eros person is the lover of their dreams. The Eros person’s sexuality and passion are highly attractive to the Descendant person. The Eros person learns more about their sexual power and physical desires through their relationship with the Descendant person.

Eros-Psyche: Eros and Psyche are natural mates. If they are conjunct in synastry, a soul mate connection is indicated. Eros and Psyche were mythical lovers, and were brought together by fate. The story of Eros and Psyche is one of deep and transformative love, but their union was not devoid of hardship. In fact, the two of them had to go through significant lengths just to be together. When this aspect shows up in synastry, the relationship is bound to be significant in both their lives, but their relationship may not always be easy. The many hardships the couple will endure will only draw them closer together. The Psyche person may have dreamed of the Eros person before they even met. The Eros person finds the Psyche beautiful, not only on the outside, but on the inside, as well; Eros loves Psyche for her soul.

Eros-North Node: My ex boyfriend and I had this aspect in synastry, and boy was it hot! As the Eros person, he pulled me out of my sexual comfort zone into the depths of true pleasure and intimacy. Our relationship was highly sexual, and we learned a lot from one another in this department. Him and I were drawn together like magnets. I always felt the sex was getting better and better, even after four years! I still don’t think we fully discovered one another sexually, even after all that time. I always felt there was so much more to experience with him, and he felt the same way (possibly even more me!).

Eros-South Node: This is a highly significant aspect. The two of you were likely lovers in a past life. The sex between the two of you is highly erotic, but at the same time comfortable and familiar. While the potential for growth is repressed with this aspect, it is nevertheless a very satisfying and magnetic connection."
                  starscopestoday.wordpress.com/201...try/
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.

Re: Eros in signs and houses

Tue, January 29, 2013 - 5:51 AM
                    "Many astrologers like to include certain asteroids in relationship analysis as they add a bit more depth or often provide a different tilt on regular analysis. Some of the asteroids that are often used are Cupido, Eros and Amor. Sappho is often considered in Gay relationships.

Cupido is named after that infamous mythological arrow shooting cherub Cupid. Those who have been struck by Cupid’s arrow tend to become besotted with love and desire for their intended and whether or not this means “intended victim” or “intended idol” depends much on the cosmic condition of Cupido in a natal chart and in an inter-chart Synastry of those involved. Let’s remember that in mythology Cupid was the son of Venus or Aphrodite the Goddess of Love so his intentions when he takes aim at a hapless human can lead to some pretty complicated situations when it comes to matters of the heart. For example, Cupido connecting with the planet Saturn can represent bondage or confinement, often self imposed, because the idolizer is often acting as a martyr or an enabler just asking for heartache. While this is often a temporary situation it can be very disconcerting until reason and reality are restored. Conversely, Cupido connecting with the benefic planet Jupiter can signify release and freedom of choice, happiness and joy in a relationship be it old or new. So, regardless of your current status concerning Cupido remember a few things… the word “cupidity” is derived from the legendary god Cupid and it equates with carnal desire, greed and covetousness. Too much of a good thing can be unhealthy indeed.
                    (763 on astro.com)

Eros defines unconscious instinctual sexual drive and eroticism. In other words it defines what turns you on via whom or what is sexually attractive to you. It is a good indicator of sexual spontaneity and the emotional response needed to consummate earthy desires. Acting as a type of “vitality meter” certain expressions of Eros can manifest as blocked sexuality and low physical drive such as when it I being adversely affected by Mars, Saturn or Pluto. ON the other hand, supportive energy from planets like Mars or Pluto can indicate a veritable love machine! Wowza!!!
                    (433 on astro.com)

Amor is a Roman god of Love who represents the lofty principle of “platonic love.” The energy of Amor is expressed as loving kindness and compassion that houses no judgment and expects nothing in return. In many ways Amor is somewhat of a good will ambassador who provides selfless service to others. One of the important factors concerning the energy of Amor is that it is a good indicator of how an individual is capable of lending support both emotionally and physically to another person which is necessary in a good relationship and human exchange.
                    (1221 on astro.com)

Sappho was actually a Sixth Century B.C. Greek poetess who died because of unrequited love. In astrology she represents not only artistic sensitivity but also romantic sensitivity. Emotions of all kinds are associated with Sappho and include everything from sexual pain to ecstasy. All types of love-conjugal and non conjugal, heterosexual, gay, single, multiple and even maternal are represented by Sappho. More importantly the power to heal through love by facing how love is presented in one’s life is the gift of Sappho. When Sappho is adversely affected in a chart, the energy can manifest as emotional difficulties in sexuality and love due to lack of honesty within the self regarding the fulfillment of true needs and desires"
                    www.thegalaxyexpress.com/made-each-other
                    (80 on astro.com)

Tue, January 29, 2013 - 5:59 AM
                      "Sappho in Signs

This asteroid was named after one of the greatest ever poets – Sappho. Sappho was a genius, a poet and gay, though she had a daughter, Cleis, for whom she wrote a poem..."I have a fair daughter....her form is that of a golden flower..."

Most of her work was burned by rabid Christians & so only bits of it survive. There were Papal edicts instructing peeps to destroy her work – because she was gay? Because she began and managed schools to educate women? Because heaps of her poems were in frank praise of Aphrodite? The Greeks considered her on a par with Homer and she surely influenced Ovid? Anyway, in a chart, I think she signifies poetry, wit, sheer feminine genius and the will to eloquently assert your right to do as you sensually please.

My friend Kim Falconer thinks asteroid Sappho shows up as tactile, indulgent, luscious, heady & yet extraordinarily smart – Asteroid 80 is a totally fun asteroid to research AND if your Sappho is on the love interest's Venus or Moon you SO mess with his/her mind. Just by showing up. If you don't know much about Sappho, do go to some of these links...I like to think that book burnings do NOT work! Oh and yes, she was born on the isle of Lesbos, some time around 600 BC."
                      www.astro.carmen-wolters.com/ind...ppho

Recent topics in "Learn astrology"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Learn Synastry SaggiMC 32 June 30, 2014
North Node in Signs & Houses SaggiMC 25 May 31, 2014
Juno in signs and houses SaggiMC 10 May 18, 2014
Equal House system SaggiMC 3 April 16, 2014