Advertisement

Earth in the natal chart

topic posted Fri, June 3, 2011 - 8:58 PM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
Does anyone have any information regarding how to read the earth's placement in the natal chart? I have found a small amount of information but am looking for more and/or any titles of books or articles dealing with the subject. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Re: Earth in the natal chart

Sat, June 4, 2011 - 9:37 PM
    Most of the astrologers I know view the Earth as exactly opposite the Sun, so if you have Sun 26 Libra you would have Earth at 26 Aries Because it is always opposite the Sun, it cannot be interpreted independently.

Think of the Yin Yang symbol. There is a dark side, with a little bit of light in it, and a light side with a little bit of dark in it. In the above example, the Libran Sun person focus on Libran goals, but has grounding, or foundation, in Aries. One way this manifests: the Libran wants peace, harmony, balance, but when they are threatened the Aries/Martian energy is drawn upon to fight back.

Fri, July 15, 2011 - 7:59 PM
    Hi Nick,

Good question, and once you learn how simple the answer is you'll be relieved! Your Earth placement in the natal chart is exactly opposite of your Sun sign, by degree and sign. Thus, I was born with the Sun at 0.47 degrees Scorpio so my Earth's at 0.47 degrees Taurus!

Also you might like to check out a small post here I did, about how the Galactic Center is the Point of God in your chart - interesting new information!

Love and Light,
    lavone
    • Unsu...

Re: Earth in the natal chart

Sun, October 30, 2011 - 8:01 AM
      Lavone,

Thanks for the reply. I lose track of the tribes I post to sometimes and haven't found a good system of how to keep better track of them. But I am still interested in pursuing studies on how the Earth functions in the natal chart. I believe it does carry some weight and will check out your post for more information. Once again my apologies for not keeping better track of my own postings.

Nick

Mon, October 31, 2011 - 1:44 AM
        That's ok Nick anyway - it's easy to get the subjects and different posts mixed up. But isn't this an out of sight place? Whoever dreamed up this segment for Tribe and named it and stuff has opened a door for some really interesting thinking, and from a lot of brilliant people, too.

You know how, for example, Venus rules Taurus and Libra, and Mars has Aries and Scorpio? Well, I believe that Earth, too, has jurisdiction over two of the twelve signs, but just haven't figured out which two yet. But, it's included in the planetary hierarchy along with all the others, and I believe it's under Uranus, and next to Saturn (with the three main planets being Pluto, Neptune, and Uranus, and then Earth and Saturn under Uranus..) I'll look at my reference again and see! I was also reminded tonight while reading some other material to remember that our Earth is a fully conscious, sentient being, and has "lived" long enough to become this/our wonderful planetary Logos, and devoted "itself" to this service for so many years; we owe her so much, not the least to see if we can figure out much, much more of the relationship she plays in natal astrology and the structure of our "Earthly" miracle of our map of the skies upon incarnation (while we still have the time...)

So go, Mother Earth, clean, heal, ascend, rise up, and find joy and our love, and our thanks for so very much!
        • Unsu...

Mon, October 31, 2011 - 4:00 PM
          I used to have an astrologer friend who was excellent by all conventional standards bar one - he was a Taurus and he was convinced that the Earth ruled taurus, not venus. I wish I was still in contact with him, he had some really interesting ideas.
          • Unsu...

Thu, November 3, 2011 - 9:35 AM
            I definitely agree that Tribes far, FAR exceeds any of the social sites of today. I always (now that I know about it) defer back to Tribes for so much of my astrology insights.

With that being said, I am trying out a theory where the earth is concerned in the natal chart.

Because the Earth is opposite the Sun in the natal chart and will be read in the respective sign it resides in opposite the Sun, I am more or less treating it like the Vertex/Anti-Vertex or the North/South Node. An axis planet if you will. Where the Sun would describe the outer persona the Earth would (depending on house and sign) give one an inside view of that particular area of the personality based on the axis. Does that make any sense? I understand it in my own head, but when I type it out it sounds like I am a blithering idiot.

But that is approach that I am trying out at the present time on a few charts that I have, to see if there is any validity to it.

Sat, December 24, 2011 - 5:05 PM
              Not too much different from what I had written, Nick: "Think of the Yin Yang symbol. There is a dark side, with a little bit of light in it, and a light side with a little bit of dark in it. In the above example, the Libran Sun person focus on Libran goals, but has grounding, or foundation, in Aries. One way this manifests: the Libran wants peace, harmony, balance, but when they are threatened the Aries/Martian energy is drawn upon to fight back."

Recent topics in "Astrology Now"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
USA chart rik 0 September 8, 2013
The semi-sextile nykky 0 July 17, 2013
Mars/Saturn interaspects in synastry Gabby 4 September 26, 2012
Saturn/Pluto In 10th House KittyKat 1 September 26, 2012