Advertisement

The 29th degree

topic posted Tue, November 11, 2008 - 9:44 AM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark

I read that the 29th degree,the anaretic degree which is sometimes called the karmic degree signifies signifies an urgent need to correctly utilize the energy of that planet. The lessons it indicates cannot be ignored if the individual wants to grow and transcend or achieve reincarnation and spiritual reinvention of the physical form.

The thing is that the heliocentric Chiron Nodes are near 29 degrees Libra/Aries

for instance, at the time of my birth,
the heliocentric Chiron Nodes were in 28'59 Libra/Aries:
conjunct/oppose my Geocentric North Chiron Node in 29'38 Libra
oppose/conjunct my Geocentric South Chiron Node in 28'38 Aries
conjunct/oppose my Geocentric North Mercury Node in 29'36 Libra
square my Geocentric North Saturn Node in 29'42 Cancer
semisquare my Ascendant in 13'27 Virgo - '32
Eros in 29'08 Libra (an asteroid named after Greek God of Love)
Freia in 29'09 Libra (an asteroid named after Norse Goddess of Love)

it also just dawned on me that my current Solar Return Moon in 28'52 Libra also conjuncts/opposite the heliocentric Chiron Nodes

at the time of my birth,
The heliocentric Uranus Nodes were in 13'52 Gemini/Sagittarius
and so they square my Ascendant with 25 minutes of arc
but
that also means they are also in 8th harmonic aspects(semisquare,sesquiquadrate) to the heliocentric Chiron Nodes

The North Node of Chiron is close to 29 degrees of Libra, so this point in a horoscope could reflect an association (North Node) with woundedness (Chiron) in a relationship (Libra).
www.bristolastrology.net/bsa/a...s.html

CHIRON NODES express care for the wounded soul, lessons learnt or taught.
URANUS NODES show clever, inventive and freedom-loving traits and determined self-will.
www.astrologycosmobiology.com.au/p...ml

I can see why Magi Society believe that Chiron has to do with marriage. I don't agree with their concept of Chiron as marriage though.
I can see how Martin Lass could come up with Chiron as rulership of Libra. I don't believe Chiron rules any sign.....especially when Chiron has many fellow centaurs in our solar system. There are over 40 centaurs in our solar system,and over 10 of them have names.
interesting to note that modern astrologers that use outerplanets assign the modern rulership of Scorpio to Pluto. Scorpio happens to be Pluto's Perihelion sign. Eris' Perihelion is in Libra. Will Eris be considered the ruler of Libra? hmmmmmmm
Some astrologers see Chiron as a maverick. Some Astrologers believe that Chiron has to do with Astrology too.

So maybe planets,points in the 29th degree of a sign have the aforementioned issues,lessons because they aspect the Chiron Nodes

planets,points in the 29th degree of Aries,Libra,Cancer,Capricorn can be even more because of their angular axis aspects(conjunction,opposition,square) to the heliocentric Chiron Nodes and their 8th harmonic aspects (semisquare,sesquiquadrate) to the heliocentric Uranus Nodes.

Of course planets,points in the 13 degrees of mutable signs(Gemini,Virgo,Sagittarius,Pisces) can have their difficulties that include much instability,unpredictability because of their angular axis aspects(conjunction,opposition,square) to the heliocentric Uranus Nodes.
They also can be involved with woundedness,healing matters because of the 8th harmonic(semisquare,sesquiquadrate) to the heliocentric Chiron Nodes.

as for Astrology in connection to Uranus
at the time of my birth,
the heliocentric Stargazer Nodes(yes...there is an asteroid called Stargazer) were in 13'43 Pisces/Virgo
oppose/conjunct my Ascendant in 13'27 Virgo

That means that the heliocentric Stargazer Nodes are square the heliocentric Uranus Nodes and in 8th harmonic aspects(semisquare,sesquiquadrate) to the heliocentric Chiron Nodes as well as the 29th degree of Aries,Libra,Cancer,Capricorn. That could be why Astrology is associated with Uranus and some astrologers associate it with Chiron. Stargazer Nodes and Uranus Nodes can be about Astronomy too.

posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: The 29th degree

Wed, November 12, 2008 - 8:13 AM
    [I read that the 29th degree,the anaretic degree which is sometimes called the karmic degree signifies signifies an urgent need to correctly utilize the energy of that planet. The lessons it indicates cannot be ignored if the individual wants to grow and transcend or achieve reincarnation and spiritual reinvention of the physical form]

I have 29 degrees 53'16" Venus Scorpio...so it is the planet and not so much the sign, and that Venus is the planet I should really pay attention to for the lesson?
  • Unsu...

Fri, May 21, 2010 - 2:56 PM
    Nothing got to do with the karmic thing, but FYI,

It is said that the planet at the end degree is more behaving like the following sign.

For example, any planet 29 Scorp is more like Sag character.
  • Re: The 29th degree

Sat, May 22, 2010 - 7:25 AM
    When I was born, the Sun was 29 degrees Pisces.

What does it mean, though, to "correctly use the energy"....and why is the 29th different? Aren't we ALWAYS supposed to "correctly use the energy"?

Mon, May 24, 2010 - 1:42 AM
      "and why is the 29th different?"

It's a crisis degree - a degree where the energy of one sign is being blended and harmonised with the next which makes it 'uncomfortable' or not necessarily easy.

Have moon at 29 degrees Aquarius and Mars at 29 degrees Gemini.
      • Unsu...

Mon, May 24, 2010 - 1:47 AM
        "It's a crisis degree - a degree where the energy of one sign is being blended and harmonised with the next which makes it 'uncomfortable' or not necessarily easy."

I'd love to hear more about this as I have Mercury, Venus and Jupiter all at 29 degrees myself,

Emma

Mon, May 24, 2010 - 7:20 AM
          >"it's a crisis degree -

Well, wouldn't it be like when the Moon goes Void-of-course....it is finishing off one kind of energy and getting ready to delve into the next new kind of energy. I don't really see it as a "crisis," so much as a ending/beginning kind of point.

Here are the 29th degree Sabian symbols:

Sabian Signs: 29th degree

PHASE 29 (ARIES 29̊): THE MUSIC OF THE SPHERES.
          KEYNOTE: Attunement to cosmic order.

PHASE 59 (TAURUS 29): TWO COBBLERS WORKING AT A TABLE.
          KEYNOTE: The two-fold character of man's mature understanding.

PHASE 89 (GEMINI 29̊): THE FIRST MOCKINGBIRD OF SPRING.
          KEYNOTE: The creative exuberance of the human soul in response to basic life experiences.

PHASE 119 (CANCER 29̊): A GREEK MUSE WEIGHING NEW-BORN TWINS IN GOLDEN SCALES.
          KEYNOTE: The intuitive weighing of alternatives.

PHASE 150 (LEO 30̊): AN UNSEALED LETTER.
          KEYNOTE: The realization by the individual that all thoughts and all messages are inevitably to be shared with all men.

PHASE 179 (VIRGO 29̊): A SEEKER AFTER OCCULT KNOWLEDGE IS READING AN ANCIENT SCROLL WHICH ILLUMINES HIS MIND.
          KEYNOTE: After a crisis one should seek to realign the renewed consciousness with the primordial Revelation of the Truth of Man.

PHASE 210 (LIBRA 30̊): THREE MOUNDS OF KNOWLEDGE ON A PHILOSOPHER'S HEAD.
          KEYNOTE: The fulfillment of man's power of understanding at whatever level of existence the person operates.

PHASE 239 (SCORPIO 29̊): AN INDIAN SQUAW PLEADING TO THE CHIEF FOR THE LIVES OF HER CHILDREN.
          KEYNOTE: Love as a principle of redemption.

PHASE 269 (SAGITTARIUS 29̊): A FAT BOY MOWING THE LAWN OF HIS HOUSE ON AN ELEGANT SUBURBAN STREET.
          KEYNOTE: The need to attend to everyday tasks which both ensure social worth or respectability, and benefit one's constitution.

PHASE 209 (CAPRICORN 29̊): A WOMAN READING TEA LEAVES.
          KEYNOTE: The ability to see the Signature of hidden meaning in every occurrence drawing one's attention.

PHASE 329 (AQUARIUS 29̊): A BUTTERFLY EMERGING FROM A CHRYSALIS.
          KEYNOTE: The capacity to utterly transform the character of one's consciousness by radically altering the structural patterns of everyday living and the types of relationships one enters upon.

PHASE 359 PISCES 29̊): LIGHT BREAKING INTO MANY COLORS THROUGH A PRISM.
          KEYNOTE: The analytical power of the mind necessary for the formulation of life processes in their many aspects.

www.mindfire.ca/The%20Sabi...ontents.htm

Mon, May 24, 2010 - 7:39 AM
            "Well, wouldn't it be like when the Moon goes Void-of-course....it is finishing off one kind of energy and getting ready to delve into the next new kind of energy. I don't really see it as a "crisis," so much as a ending/beginning kind of point. "

Any planet can go void of course. Chances are if you've a planet at the 29th degree it is ALSO void of course, but any interpretation as void of course should be as that, as void of course. This could apply to any planet at ANY degree of the zodiac depending on the aspects to other planets. The anaretic degree however takes on especial importance including but beyond that of being VoC.
            Generally a planet at 29 degrees cannot make any more aspects before leaving its sign and in that way is like the VoC planets but additional to this, the expressino of the planet is dying to the sign that it is currently in, to be reborn in the next sign. This the crisis implication. There is also the reminder that planets at these degrees may well be entering or leaving signs of dignity. Mars at 29d of Gemini is JUST about to enter Cancer where it is in fall - weak essential dignity. Of course at 29d of Sag it is about to enter capricorn where it is exalted.
            Either way the expression of the sign is taking on aspects of the latter sign and traditionally two planets which follow consecutively have little in common - being synthesised together is often another area where the crisis idea may arise from.
            In my view its all about synthesis and evolution, the nature of sign being incorporated into the following sign.

Mon, May 24, 2010 - 10:00 AM
              Paul wrote:

>the expressino of the planet is dying to the sign that it is currently in, to be reborn in the next sign. This the crisis implication.

Thanks, Paul. That explains it, then. I do not regard death (or dying) as a "Crisis" at all. To me, it is more of an Orgasmic "letting go."
              :-)
        • Unsu...

Mon, May 24, 2010 - 10:48 AM

Mon, May 24, 2010 - 10:59 AM
            "milkywayastrology.wordpress.com/20...an/

Now you know Emma "

Article says
            'The fact is that the royal fixed star Regulus is believed to be at 29 degrees of Leo and whose prominence in a birth chart promised a life lived among the socially prominent. This only adds another layer of energy to the late degree phenomenon'

Hmmm....not sure about that really. I mean okay, regulus IS currently at 29 degrees of leo, but that's CURRENTLY at that degree. The fixed stars change by a degree every 70 odd years or so, so the fact that regulus is at 29 degrees is kinda arbitrary as it's only very recently at that degree and the idea of regulus being prominent etc was always part of regulus regardless of what degree it currently held. I mean regulus is couer leonis - the heart of the lion, the heart of leo, in a few years the 'heart of leo' will actually be in virgo :S

Wed, June 16, 2010 - 6:08 AM
    I have Venus 29 deg Leo 4th house. Yes, it's very powerful, and it's connected positively to my midheaven and Asc. Lucky me you might say.

Is the last degree of a house a powerful positioning too? The coming eclipse on 26th June take place in the last degree of my natal 8th house. As it also involves transiting Pluto, and they all form a conjunction to the North Node of the Moon which has been retrograde and in a weak conjunction with my my natal 9th house MC for sometime now, I am just wondering what that is going to bring me? It seems pretty potent stuff to me and I am bit scared
    :(

Sun, August 22, 2010 - 5:16 PM
      I like Raymonds question but I get blinded by all the talk about trans-neptunians and centaurs. I must admit my limited exposure or understanding of how they're relevant. I do think that Scorpio is suited to Pluto however.

I really liked Maggie's post, as I think it comes closest to suggesting the possible ways (or Sabian themes) through which this >crisis< energy will express itself. While that may not be the point of this thread, I find myself drawn to understanding how I can apply these definitions to the planets affected in a neutral and universal way, one which might augment or enrich interpretation.

Nicola's question about the final degree of the houses also strikes a note for me, almost like a vibration of the approaching aspect being the most powerful, echoing into the houses. Would this effect affect an ascendant at 27-29 degree also?

In respects to Paul's comments on Void of course: I don't know its useful to frame planets other than the Moon with this term, albeit its technical correctness. However the point you made about the sign "dying and being reborn" is great and I loved that. It seems very Piscean.

It seems to me that the anaretic potency stems from the idea of deacons, as if the first deacon strength reaches back to the 29* from the previous sign, and imparts the force of angularity on a cadent placement.

Recent topics in "Astrology Now"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
USA chart rik 0 September 8, 2013
The semi-sextile nykky 0 July 17, 2013
Mars/Saturn interaspects in synastry Gabby 4 September 26, 2012
Saturn/Pluto In 10th House KittyKat 1 September 26, 2012