Advertisement

Eclipse conjunct natal planets

topic posted Fri, January 11, 2008 - 8:18 AM by  MiamiAstrology
Share/Save/Bookmark
I'm curious to know what you think it means when an eclipse conjuncts a natal planet?

I've noticed that the upcoming solar eclipse at 17 Aquarius is conjunct my natal Mercury at 17 Aquarius (in my second house, although that house is ruled by Capricorn). Mercury in my chart rules my Virgo MC and my Gemini Desc.

Thoughts? Chart is in my profile....

posted by:
MiamiAstrology
Miami
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: Eclipse conjunct natal planets

Fri, January 11, 2008 - 9:21 AM
    The same solar eclipse is in opposition to my natal mercury by 0.07 degrees.

The lunar eclipse on august 28 2007 on Virgo -Pisces 4th degree was in opposition and conjunction to my natal venus. a relationship I had ended badly. I did a research on the web about it and the best interpretation I got was from cafe astrology. the one phrase from their article about lunar eclipse that I was relating the most to was that a lunar eclipse bring a sense of lacking. it sure did feel like love was lacking in that time., and in a major way.

later, on September 11th 2007, the solar eclipse on virgo 18 was in conjunction to my chart ruler mars, and then it felt like all hell broke loose, if only I was aware at that time that an eclipse is upon me. I couldn't sleep, my mind was racing and I didn't know what was going on.

now, my conclusions are:

1. it really, really helps to know in advanced an earthquake is coming your way
    2. the eclipse, just like an earthquake, is a natural force that you can not fight, you just have to roll with the punches and realize that your life is changing now completely in the areas connected to the planet involved.
    3. it is basically a positive experience, a forced house cleaning if you like, that allow you to let go of what is no longer necessary in your life, and start again.
    4. during the eclipse, don't make any decisions, don't send any letters (especially during the one on Fri, January 11, 2008 which is on conjunction to mercury) and don't take the initiative on anything really. except that your ability to think straight is temporary unavailable.

this are all lessons I have learned the hard way...not just speculations. I think eclipse that is in conjunction or opposition to a natal planet or angle are one of the most reliable signatures astrology has to offer.
    • Re: Eclipse conjunct natal planets

Fri, January 11, 2008 - 10:32 AM
      i'm new to the astro-significance of an eclipse...

Uriah, it struck me that your conclusions for the effect of an eclipse sound like Pluto effects to me... am i confusing your words here, or do you think that a solar eclipse closely resembles a pluto transit (only alot shorter and more ego-structured rather than ego SHOCKED!, or re-structured...)...
      • Unsu...

Fri, January 11, 2008 - 6:57 PM
        humeroth

eclipse is very much like a Pluto transit only it isn't short. some astrologers say it last six months, some say the effects lasts up to three years.
        • Unsu...

Fri, January 11, 2008 - 8:54 PM
          The big bang of the eclipse, in my own experience take something like a month.
          But don't make the same mistake I did, thinking it is over when you start to feel relaxed again. A hard angle from the sun to the eclipse original degree (3-6-9-12 months) can bring new drama to your life, as also other hard aspects from mars can.
          its not all bad thing though, I have a clear view on my life as of now, and a better understanding of what I want and more importantly, what I NEED, to be happy.

just hope the next one with mercury will come to pass much easily, as I'm ready for it in advance.

Fri, January 11, 2008 - 9:01 PM
          how do i find out when the solar eclipse is in denver? is it still at 17 degrees aquarius?

looking at my transits for feb. 5th (sun 17 aqu.) gives me pause... lots of aquarius; transiting sun, chiron, mercury and neptune all right there in my 2nd house... not to mention the aspects, although no conjuncts...

side note, the eclipse (pluto esque) is during a harsh pluto transit over my n. mercury... confusion dense enough to create diamonds...
          • Unsu...

Fri, January 11, 2008 - 9:26 PM
            the eclipse is on the same degree. what changes with the location is the house it fall's in.

looking at you chart you have no hard aspect to th next eclipse.
            however, the total lunar eclipse that follows, on February 21 2008, is in close enough conjunction to your natal Saturn, the ruler of your chart (about 1.20 degrees).

a lacking in structure and boundary's maybe?
            an ending to a present life attitudes maybe?

The future is left to be seen

Sat, February 9, 2008 - 10:43 AM
      Hey Uriah,

I had a similar thing happen with the Aug 2007 lunar eclipse. The moon conjunct my natal venus (which is at 5 28 Pisces) and Vertex (at 1 17 Pisces). My Venus is the aspect planet of a T square with Uranus and the N. Node in my chart. So the Sun was on the "fourth leg" of that T square. My relationship was already on the rocks and I remember thinking the week before that eclipse that we should just part ways and I wish we had because everything would have been a lot easier for the both of us. Oh well, you live and learn...its been tough but we both know a lot more about relating now. My Venus is also in Pisces which rules my natal 7th house.

Anyway, two weeks later on the day of the solar eclipse (actually DURING the solar eclipse) I had a fateful encounter with someone who's Venus is opposite mine (so on that "fourth" leg) who I had met on the day of the lunar eclipse (Aug. 28). He went through the opposite of what I had on Aug 28. since the Sun in that eclipse conjunct his Venus. It signaled the beginning of a new relationship for him (with me), but also in ways a loss. Just like the lunar eclipse signaled a loss and a gain for me.

The Sept 07 solar eclipse conjunct my Asc-my solar 7th house, and the asteroid Karma. We're both pretty much in love now. That eclipse has changed my life, just as much as the solar eclipse last year on March 18 (in Pisces) that conjunct my sun. They say that if a solar eclipse conjuncts your sun it creates a years worth of changes. I think this might be true if it conjuncts your Ascendant too.

Mon, January 14, 2008 - 7:15 AM
    A personal example that comes to mind was last year's March eclipse on my 3rd-house Aries Moon. During the eclipse that I went out to watch, I ran into a group of school children on an outing. I just started chatting about the eclipse and when they were intrigued, shared my eclipse glasses with them. So far, so good fun. When I got home, I found a message from the PA of a well known astrologer, asking whether I'd ghostwrite weekly sun-sign forecasts for him. For about a week, I was very excited about this prospect of regular astrological work, but then came the conditions: A list of taboo subjects and "forbidden" words as long as my arm and a fee that wasn't even worth switching my computer on - so in the end I declined the "honour"... - I don't mean to project, but since your MC ruler Mercury is involved, who knows, perhaps something similar will come your way. Treat it with caution.

Mon, January 14, 2008 - 3:01 PM
      hmm...so it doesn't necessarily portend something good. Sounds like a "firecracker" - a big spark, but not much else...

Wed, January 16, 2008 - 6:40 AM
        Well, that one was in Aries, cardinal fire, so that's where the 'firecracker' energy came into it. This one is in Aquarius, a whole different ballgame. I suppose, since we're talking fixed air this time, that effects may take a while longer to manifest or, if they do manifest instantly, will last longer. Plus they could be of a more mental nature, i.e. new ideas for long term projects and such. Let us know what ultimately prevailed.

Mon, January 14, 2008 - 9:21 PM
    My experience with solar eclipses conjunct a planet:

1. An intensification of the importance of that planet in your life
    2. Something in relation to that planet passes out of your life. If the eclipse is close to the North Node, there is usually also something new entering in your life as well. If it is the South Node close to the eclipse, then the prime focus is something ending, finishing up, coming to a close.

I've only had one eclipse closely conjunct my 3rd-house Mercury in Gemini (it was also conjunct my Mars). I was driving with my learner's permit (years ago), my girlfriend who had her license was sitting next to me. I went around the corner, and there was a car driving down the middle of the street coming the other way......and the only way I could avoid hitting him was turn the wheel sharp....went up on the sidewalk and hit a telephone pole. I wasn't going fast enough to hurt either myself or my girlfriend, but the car was so damaged that I could not make right turns, so it was pretty shot. I was so shook up, that for awhile I swore I would not drive. But I was persuaded to try again, got another cheap car, and continued to learn. I discovered, partly through the accident, and partly later when I failed the first driver's test because of hitting cones during the Serpentine, that I had trouble with depth perception. This resulted in two things: getting a different eyeglass prescription, and taking professional driving lessons to focus on distance judging.

• Unsu...

Mon, January 14, 2008 - 10:03 PM
      hey Zane
      for sure, you have much more experience with eclipse than I have.
      do you think I put to much into it?
      from you own observations, can eclipse conjunct or oppose a natal planet with out ant significant drama in ones life?
      • Unsu...

Tue, January 15, 2008 - 5:51 AM
        A few things I have noticed about the eclipse and consider about them First thing I consider is, I am where the eclipse can be seen.
        Its the first solar eclipse for 2008 and appears at the Moon's ascending node in Capricorns
        This eclipse is unusual from most because of the way it travels.
        Normally its path would be west to east but this one will begin and end along Earth's sunset terminator.
        The eclipse will be 25 minutes in duration .
        This is the 47th eclipse of Saros 126.
        It began with the first of eight partial eclipses on 1179 Mar 10.
        The first central eclipse was annular in the Southern Hemisphere on 1305 May 24.
        Thus, there are only two more central eclipses after the 2008 and it ends its series in 2450, May 3rd .
        Does anyone know because of its being differently traveled if this would put more significance on the rising and setting fixed stars ?-I might be far out in my thinking here . It would probably depend on the eclipse time yes or no?

Tue, January 15, 2008 - 12:16 PM
        Uriah,

Eclipses are not always dramatic.
        But I've never seen an eclipse....even a partial one....in a CLOSE conjunction, square or opposition to a natal planet or angle not produce some type of change. Whenever you look back, years later, before the eclipse, and in the year following the eclipse, you will see there were changes in your life in the house the eclipse falls in, and also in relation to the actual aspected planet.

For example, one eclipse tied into the first time I ever submitted an article to a magazine that was actually bought by that magazine. This had a major change on my self-image, and also on future writing. Another time an eclipse lead me to meeting a woman who totally changed my life, getting me to let go of a mind-set that was limited, opening me up to new perceptions of some belief systems I had previously thought not worth paying any attention to at all.

Eclipses can produce situations that are a pain in the you-know-what; they can also produce situations which turn out to be fantastic opportunities.

To me, the easiest way to understand an eclipse is to consider the fact that it is a lunation (new moon = new direction, or full moon = something coming to a head or completion), that occurs close to the Lunar Nodes (north node = influx of the new, or south node = passing of the old). Every Solar Eclipse is near one of the two nodes. Every lunar eclipse is a full moon, so one of the two bodies is near the north node, the other near the south.

It is impossible to have an eclipse that is not near one of the nodes.
        Understand the nodes, and lunations, and you will go a long way to understanding eclipses.

• Unsu...

Wed, February 6, 2008 - 7:04 AM
      Hi! I guess Im late and theres so much in here. Ive got a friend whose Mars is at 17 AQU 47 in 8th (his chart is in my profile) so hes having a lot of planets transiting ther for this eclipse. How would this affect him?

Ive noticed hes been a little bit sick (back pain and strong stomach aches) and hes had a lot of inconvenients in daily life, not to mention I think hes a mess inside.

Wed, January 16, 2008 - 1:39 AM
    huh 17 aquarius? tha't on my ...um..well venus/ uranus.... YIKeeeeess...

Tue, January 22, 2008 - 1:26 PM
      My moon is 12' aqau so a bit far to be strongly felt. But I do have venus in aries 20' sextiles arnt strong either tho.:)
      • Unsu...

Tue, January 22, 2008 - 4:10 PM
        i have natal moon in 11th house at 17 leo which forms a grand trine with 3rd house mars at 15 sag & 7th house chiron at 14 aries. also have saturn in 9th house at 15 gemini that opposes my mars creating a kite formation. in addition i have north node in 4th house at 17 capricorn & psyche in 2nd house at 17 scorpio... so this eclispe will affect many of my natal planets/point/asteroid.

progressed chart has MC at 15 leo conjunct natal moon (natal chart MC ruler is the moon). progressed chart also has juno at 18 sag, pallas at 16 scorpio, & vertex at 18 gemini.-- i also have progressed part of fortune at 18 aquarius but don't think that placement is looked at.

maybe some luck will come my way...lol... wishful thinking.
        either way i will post if i experience anything :)
        • Unsu...

Wed, January 23, 2008 - 3:58 AM
          some info:

The following will give you points consider when you are preparing for an eclipse. First however, let?s define two terms: the solar eclipse and the lunar eclipse.

A solar eclipse occurs when the Moon stands between the Sun and Earth, cutting off the light of the Sun. A solar eclipse is always a new moon, and tends to mark new beginnings.

A lunar eclipse occurs when the Earth stands between the Moon and the Sun, cutting off the light of the Sun from the moon. A lunar eclipse is always a full moon and usually marks endings or culmination points.

Now let?s review the points to keep in mind about eclipses so that you can better deal with them should any touch you in an unexpected way.

1. Eclipses are dramatic "wild cards" in our horoscopes. They shake us up so that we can move from one level of evolution and maturity to another, higher phase, fairly rapidly.

2. Eclipses bring news of life's big events: a birth of a baby, a marriage, a promotion or career breakthrough, important travel, the signing of a vital business deal, the start of one?s own business, the sale or purchase of a house, a cross country move, the acquisition of a family pet (or loss of one), surgery or see an important health development, college graduation (or the eclipse may mark the start of study), divorce, publishing a book, and so forth. Monumental meetings and breakups or changes on one?s job are also common on eclipse dates. No matter what occurs, it will become evident that the universe is intent on moving you forward.

3. Events that follow an eclipse have more weight than events brought on by a normal new or full moon. In fact, an eclipse is like a turbo-new or full moon?qit packs much more energy and punch. An eclipse may even bring on an event that seems "fated". Eclipses always bring unexpected changes of direction if you have a planet that will be touched. The eclipse does not have to fall in your sign to affect you. (Check your individual forecast to find out more.)

4. If an eclipse falls on your birthday, the year that follows certainly will be quite eventful. You may experience a big change in lifestyle or in one specific part of your chart.

5. Guard your health if you are having an eclipse on your birthday, near your birthday, or on your rising sign degrees because you will be a bit more run down than usual.

6. Take any message you hear at the time of an eclipse seriously. There usually is no way to get a situation reversed. If someone brings news you don?t like on an eclipse realize that there is little chance you can get it reversed, at least not for four months, if ever. See the news as essentially a non-negotiable decision and try to move on.

7. Eclipses shine the bright light of truth to the part of your life that is touched by the eclipse. Most of the time, eclipses act as brilliant illuminators, revealing a condition that you were unaware existed. They can also act as catalysts to a major life decision. Also under an eclipse, you may finally understand the true character of a person near you.

Imagine that a puzzle piece fell out of the sky into your hands. This new piece of information, when added to the overall picture of your puzzle, will change your understanding of it and bring you a flash of insight. You may say to yourself, "For the first time, I understand!" Now you have a full picture of the situation and can make a fuller, more realistic appraisal of what that it means to you, and what you must do next. You will gain maturity and seasoning.

8. Even if an eclipse won't affect you (and I will tell you in your forecast), you will nevertheless notice that there is plenty of action around you, not only in your own circle but also in the world at large. The news media will be filled with information.

In your personal life, you will hear of many monumental life events (the kind we listed earlier in #2) in the lives of people you know, both friends and family. You may be called on to help others at this time, so try to keep your schedule light. There is a feeling of life moving on speedily, fast forward, of great acceleration.

9. With all eclipses, something ends and something else begins. During an eclipse period, you may feel like you are walking across a bridge to a brand new place, with no turning back from where you started. The door behind you latches, and locks. You can?t go back because after the eclipse you will know more and understand things that were never clear to you before. In that sense, you really can?t go home again.

10. Try not to issue ultimatums or make big actions under an eclipse. Bide your time and act in a few weeks when there will be less static in the air. It?s best to respond to others? messages but try not to initiate your own. Said another way, it is better to listen than to act.

Let?s say you need to sign a contract?qthat is OK to do if you are presented with one at eclipse time. You didn?t initiate that contract?qsomeone else did. However, let?s say you want to have a major talk with your boyfriend or girlfriend because you are unhappy. Do so later, well after the eclipse.

The first is an action someone else is asking you to respond to (good) but the latter is an action you chose to take under the eclipse (not so good). The ancients always wrote that if you act under an eclipse, the plan would not work out quite the way you expected. That?s why it?s better to consider the ideas of others at eclipse time but not to make proposals or decisions of your own at that time.

11. You may be feeling more emotional than usual under an eclipse, especially if the eclipse is lunar (full moon). Since your judgment may be impaired or pieces of information missing, try to get as much time as you can to think about what you heard. If you can, wait a week's time before deciding. If someone comes to you with a proposal, consider it carefully. If after looking at it from all sides and you like it, proceed.

12. A quick response to news generated by the eclipse?qoften quite out of the blue---may be required. Have your wits about you! As said earlier, keep your normal schedule light as you might have something new to focus on that will need your immediate attention.

13. Don?t be too quick to judge an eclipse as ?goodO?L or ?badO?L?qeclipses may act suddenly but it takes weeks to understand their real meaning. If you should suffer under an eclipse, consider that sometimes the universe had something better for you in mind. Be patient and keep an open mind.

14. Eclipses can help you do things you never thought you could do. You may be offered a chance to write a book or to record an album, for example. Eclipses sometimes will open a door?qone that was previously impossible to enter.

15. Eclipses play with our sense of time. They bring events that you assumed were months or years away, to your doorstep now. Here is an example of how an eclipse often works:

You are riding a horse in unfamiliar, beautiful terrain. You were told that you would have to jump a tall stone fence (a substantial obstacle or big-deal project) five miles down the road (later in life). Distracted by the scenery (life) you forget about the fence, until it looms suddenly in front of you. You don't feel ready to jump (take a risk). You cannot imagine going over that fence and surviving! This is a big stretch for you! Yet, it symbolizes something you want to do, so you feel conflicted (fear vs. wanting). Perhaps you momentarily panic or try to stop. However, the horse (your inner power) has been trained to jump and before you can pull on the reigns, you find yourself flying through the air. The horse is doing it for you. You land perfectly. The horse is fine and so are you--but you feel Shaky.

It all happened so quickly! You knew the fence was coming up, but being distracted by the scenery (everyday life), you didn't expect it so soon. Now, however, you feel quite accomplished--proud of what you did, and rightly so! Had it not happened without time to think, you may not have had the courage to try. This, dear reader, is the feeling brought on by an eclipse.

16. A word on the timing of an eclipse. A message brought to you by an eclipse is usually delivered within four days of the actual date of the eclipse, but not always. Yet you can sometimes feel a full moon lunar eclipse as early as two weeks prior to it or up to six months later when another planet is needed to trigger the news. (Most likely however, news will occur either at the eclipse or a month to the day later, plus or minus four day--that is your zone to watch if things don't happen immediately).

17. Take notice of ALL news and signals you get near the eclipses. While often news is delivered in a dramatic and obvious way, sometimes the news will come in much more subtly, as a secret or as a piece of gossip. Nevertheless it will foretell dramatic changes to come.

18. Solar eclipses work somewhat differently than lunar eclipses, and emphasize beginnings. (Something may also be ending but the attention is more on the start than the finish.) The changes could phase in over a period of months. Still, the news or timing of those changes often comes as a surprise. If a solar eclipse falls on or within a few days of your birthday you will certainly feel the effects of it over the course of the year. Changes will be complete by the time you reach your next birthday.

I hope you have found this helpful! Perhaps you may want to refer to this list as you move through the eclipses of this year.

www.astrologyzone.com/forecas...pse.html
          • Unsu...

Sat, January 26, 2008 - 10:28 AM
            that info was really helpful :)
            i have been trying to research eclipses so i could see the possible effect of the upcoming february ones on me
            • Unsu...

Sat, January 26, 2008 - 6:20 PM
              The only one that will have any connection will be the lunar eclipse in Feb.
              11th house conjunct Pluto.
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              February 7 Solar eclipse 18° Aquarius
              February 21 Lunar eclipse, 2° Virgo
              August 1 Solar eclipse 10° Leo
              August 16 Lunar eclipse 24° Aquarius

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              January 26 Solar eclipse 6° Aquarius
              February 9 Lunar eclipse 21° Leo
              July 7 Lunar eclipse 15° Capricorn
              July 22 Solar eclipse 29° Cancer
              August 6 Lunar eclipse 14° Aquarius
              December 30 Lunar eclipse 10° Cancer

January 15 Solar eclipse 25° Capricorn
              June 26 Lunar eclipse 5°Capricorn
              July 11 Solar eclipse 19° Cancer
              December 21 Lunar eclipse 29° Gemini

January 4 Solar eclipse 14°Capricorn
              June 1 Solar eclipse 11° Gemini
              June 15 Lunar eclipse 24°Sagittarius
              July 1 Solar eclipse 9°Cancer
              November 25 Solar eclipse 2° Sagittarius
              December 10 Lunar eclipse 18° Gemini

May 20 Solar eclipse 0° Gemini
              June 4 Lunar eclipse 14° Sagittarius
              November 13 Solar eclipse 22 ° Scorpio
              November 28 Lunar eclipse 7° Gemini
              • Unsu...

Sat, January 26, 2008 - 6:23 PM
                Correction
                The only one that will have any connection with my chart in 2008 will be the lunar eclipse in Feb.
                11th house conjunct Pluto.

The 8-16 one will oppose Uranus in my chart. I need to look through my parts.

Sat, January 26, 2008 - 11:16 PM
    Kaye Shinker wrote a piece in 2000 reformulating some of astrologer Robert Jansky's writings on eclipses:

Here is part of her article discussing eclipses conjunct & opposition natal planets:

• Conjunct Sun
    Crisis of major proportions. Basically it is clean out the ego storage basement. It
    is the road diverged in a yellow wood of Robert Frost. It is time to give your
    undivided attention to your priorities. It is a crisis you cannot fight. And very
    difficult for fixed signs who must go with the flow.
    • Opposed Sun
    Impossible to believe, but you can be wrong. However it is a breath of fresh air,
    try to breath it in deeply.
    • Conjunct Moon
    You past wakes up and talks to you. You are checking the foundations of your
    life. You realize that your parents and possibly your grandparents didn't tell you
    the whole truth about the real world (forgive them they just didn't have the
    internet to look up the answers) It is definitely time to rebuild your house, your
    image and your habits.
    • opposition Moon
    This is a problem, an issue, or a challenge. It is time to delete some of mom's
    programming. The process of course needs to be discussed, reviewed and revised
    with anyone who will listen.
    • Conjunct Mercury
    Hard to believe but you really have some stupid ideas. Tunnel vision will cause
    you to trip. You could actually become aware of little things like the bookstore
    has several different departments besides Espresso. Take that phony maturity act
    and stuff it. Jump in the pool, swing on a swing or buy a Pokemon computer
    game. Get married have a long honeymoon.
    • Opposed Mercury
    Everyone you know believes that your speak Tasmanian. You see children as Rug
    rats and stress is you middle name. It is Mercury retrograde for 6 months.
    • Conjunct Venus
    Your guardian angel takes a vacation. She deserves it. She leaves you with the
    will for all sorts of fun things to do and then has the audacity to fly away. She
    expects you to be self-indulgent so go right ahead, she has a ton of work for you
    when she returns.
    • Opposition Venus
    Time to tithe. Give your time, your toys or your money to those who need a hand.
    Share you appreciation for the best things in life and indulge all of your friends
    and enemies with that knowledge.
    • Conjunct Mars
    Slow down, give your body a break. You are as clumsy as a gangly teenager.
    Research the health food store and the vitamin shops. Take your temper to pottery
    class or build a doghouse. Make friends with a well-read Virgo and pay attention
    to their instructions. Deal with it.
    • Opposition Mars
    Your energy is demanding to be released, go for it. Zing in your speech, zest in
    your gait and athletic competition will work. Settle you disputes with competitive
    games not weapons.
    • Conjunct Jupiter
    Time to become frugal. You have the ability to overdo everything with a passion.
    Your windfall turns into a thrash, your body collects fat, your library sinks your
    house, your garden becomes a jungle.
    • Opposition Jupiter
    Everyone wants to occupy your space. Beware of there might be a Trojan horse in
    you life; you are too trusting.
    • Conjunct Saturn
    The cosmic bill collector makes house calls. Time to clean up your mess and pay
    the bills. You know the exact amount and the universe insists that you pay every
    penny.
    • Opposition Saturn
    Time to consider your liabilities and assets. Everyone insists on telling you
    exactly the extent of your responsibilities, liabilities and power. Work is a four
    letter word. OK?
    An eclipse to the outer planets influences everyone in your age group. For
    example if you are in your 80's you have Uranus in Aquarius. This eclipse offers
    greater personal freedom. Maybe you will be promoted to angel status. The
    August eclipse was conjunct the Uranus in Leo. Maybe it gave those folks, now in
    their 40s, personal freedom because their kids went off to college. Often it just
    moves you out of the old neighborhood.
    An eclipse to Neptune brings out your creativity. Sometimes the form is a baby,
    sometimes the great American novel or sometimes a terrific new job. However
    you look at it, you will consider your unique work a masterpiece.
    An eclipse to Pluto indicates complete transformation of your persona. The world
    gives you an additional title. You become a parent, an in-law, a graduate, or a
    bum (retired)!

Here's the link to the rest of her article:
    www.astrocollege.com/campus/...logy.pdf
    • Unsu...

Wed, January 30, 2008 - 3:48 PM
      what orb for the eclipses?

Wed, January 30, 2008 - 8:37 PM
        Please, can someone here look at my chart ?

I made some decisions (regarding my divorce) in Aug 2007. I realized shortly after the Sept eclipse (that I viewed) that the were less than good decisions for me. (Interesting in itself because my Venus/Chiron is 7'22" Pisces 7th house, I have just finished the Uranus opposition and Uranus conj Venus transits) Now there is a court date scheduled for Feb 20, 2007 to ask the Judge to revisite these themes...My Asc is at 0 Virgo, and I have a loose Aqua stellium.
        Is this eclipse influence something I should be concerned about? What should I watch for?

Thu, January 31, 2008 - 8:05 AM
        Janet,
        I use a 3 degree orb for eclipses, and I pay attention to conjunctions, oppositions and squares. If a natal planet is part of a complex in the chart, and the eclipse,
        by squaring (or opposing or being conjunct) one planet in the complex, and happens at the same time to semi-square or sesquiquadrate another planet, I look at the whole picture.

Thu, January 31, 2008 - 6:25 PM
          What would you expect from eclipses on the angles? I can see several among my friends and myself( Asc 0 Virgo, T saturn conj )
          • Unsu...

Fri, February 1, 2008 - 1:14 AM
            The 17 degree eclipse will affect everyhing in my main t-square then. My moon is at 17 degrees. But I would welcome some kind of a wipe-out and chance to get a new perspective on one or two things, although the 'reprogramming' word sounds a litle too much like scientology for my liking. My PC is another matter. Do eclipses affect computers? I'll swear som personal transits seem to affect my computer.

Tracy Marks has a few things to say about eclipses too. Around a solar eclipse you should, ahe suggests, eat 'solar' foods like oranges with solar herbs like rosemary to build up energy, and at lunar eclipses, potatoes or carrots.
            • Cin
              Cin
              offline 9

Sun, February 3, 2008 - 5:12 PM
              The comments about foods is really interesting. the upcoming Eclipse at 17 Aquarius will be opposite my Uranus which is semi-square my saturn and my MC. I don't normally eat oranges and I just bought some and had one. Same with the herb. Just bought rosemary olive oil bread.
              • Unsu...

Tue, February 5, 2008 - 5:50 AM
                An orb of difference will vary depending on a lot of things -the cloaer in orb the more profound the effect .
                Does anyone have them aspecting any arbaian parts?

When near the angular house they have a strong impact

Tue, February 5, 2008 - 3:50 PM
                  I am glad I found this site. I am Feb 8 1944 ( Corsham, UK Stonehenge.).... Sun 18 aquarius, full Moon ( 10 Leo) Jupiter 22 Leo.
                  So, the Solar Eclipse will do a JOB on me :-) I have grounded myself to an iron rod, waiting for the lightning strike.
                  I expect the death of a female in the family within a month. ( Jupiter and Moon conjunct natal 4th cusp along with Pluto( 7 leo), while it is also 7 houses from my sun.
                  It may also represent the past year, my daughter has had brain surgery and is handicapped, and my wife died in May. I will let y'all know what happens.. not much else can hit me I suppose.
                  Ready to step through...
                  Rich
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.

Tue, February 5, 2008 - 4:50 PM
                    update on prior post
                    In the Book, Stonehenge Decoded", Gerald Hawkins notes that the midwinter moonset post hole is at Feb 7 / 8. He also notes that on this date, a Sun/ Moon alignment occurs that happens every 56 years, the last being Feb 7 2001, the prior time, my birthday ( 1944), while born in this same vicinity. There are 56 post holes at Stonehenge, relating to 3 metatonic cycles of the Moon ( 19, 19 and 18 years), which predicted eclipses.
                    So < i think this Solar eclipse on my Sun, opposition my Moon and Jupiter, will be meaningful, but perhaps more spiritual than material.
                    Rich

Wed, February 6, 2008 - 8:15 AM
                      Results
                      Last night t around midnight, I had a very strange sensation in my mouth. I have had a problem with my upper left teeth, perhaps an abcess. I started feeling a pulsing in my upper pallate, in time with my heartbeat ( Sun) I felt an incredible powerful throbbing of the pulse and blood flow ( Moon), and actually felt the upper palatte come down to touch my touge, but no pain at all. This morning, my pain had gone.
                      IMPORTANT POINT
                      I drive a bus in the early am, and a regular passenger gorton the bus, he said he had had an abcess in his upper right jaw, but it was gone this AM. He then went on to describe the SAME thing thathappened to me. I asked him when he was born.. he said " today is my birthday " !!!!!!
                      The Same event, the same problem, the same birthday, the same transit. Eclipse on the Natal Sun.
                      • Unsu...

Wed, February 6, 2008 - 2:10 PM
                        Richard,
                        Post your chart or birthdata .
                        I had a dream that I was doing a back stretch forward and someone said something to me and I said I going a deep stretch and they replied this is good but go back to your body now and I looked and saw myself in bed and then jolted and went to sleep.

Wed, February 6, 2008 - 3:37 PM
                          Hi Kathi
                          Feb 8 1944, 1330 pm, Corsham, England... asc is 28 Gemini. I have a transit coming up of Jupiter on my Venus in Cap on the New Moon.
                          Every time this happens, I have a new relationship. The linked Saturn ( Capricorn) is on the cusp of my 5th house. This is either in opposition to my Venus OR Conjunct ( every six years). I still have not figured out the Stonehenge eclipse ( metonic cycle) and my birth full moon yet though, other than a spiritual, perhaps ancestral link.
                          I would appreciate any insights.
                          Rich
                          New Jersey
    • Unsu...

Wed, February 6, 2008 - 7:08 AM
      Ive got this eclipse in my 8th (my moon is there but in PIS) and Ive noticed these previous days - maybe up to a month - have been reckless on my sleep and dreaming - I usually receive messages or information in my dreams. Ive had very awful and strange dreams, not uncomfortable, but really weird and full of hidden messages. Thats all I can feel from the eclipse, I guess.

Wed, February 6, 2008 - 6:40 PM
      I'm sitting here at work, the phones stopped ringing for a couple minutes, thought I'd check the transits.

Weee......just noticed the eclipse tonight will be shortly after I get home, closely opposition my natal Pluto (17 Leo 57, 6th house). Guess I'll pay extra attention to my health for a bit, eh? Not to mention watching for changes at work.

Hope we can all compare notes a few weeks after the eclipse.....................

Sat, February 9, 2008 - 3:28 PM
        Hi Zane. Firstly, I'd like to say that I am new to this forum and from what I've read, you seem like a very knowledgable, respectful astrologer.

It just so happens that I have my Sun at 16*52' Scorpio, Moon at 10* Scorpio, Mercury at 3* Scorpio, and Pluto at 12* Scorpio. The Solar eclipse occurred in my 5th house, and my Scorpio planets are located in the 2nd, all disposed by my Mars in Aries located in my 7th. Did you get all that? lol.

Well, about 2 days post eclipse, my very loving and bastard-like partner decided to kind of admit things to me he hasn't since we became involved, which was roughly 1 year ago. How nice. Of course, the relationship made me feel like a complete sack of you-know-what.

I finally broke it off since the relationship, literally, wasn't worth it. He has a natal Venus/Uranus conjunction in Scorpio at 21* with Moon in Aquarius in the 7th house, slightly far from his 11* Aqua descendant. Anyway, he is going through his Saturn Return, and the eclipse opposes his Mars at 18* Leo in the 1st house. I want committment. He wants...not committment. So, I decided that what he was putting me through wasn't worth it.

Could you give me your feedback on what in the world happened?

Thu, February 21, 2008 - 5:02 AM
    Sorry for this late post, I've only just joined.
    I've asked this question in other Astro forums but haven't gotten an answer. Sounds like you may come into some interesting insights regarding what you find meaningful and will be able to adapt this to your outer world. I'd like to know how this pans out for you.
    This eclipse fell exact on my M.C. and Chiron.
    I'm also going through my Chiron return. I feel in some ways more sure of myself than ever before and have a huge need to begin an entirely different area of study. This has been building over the last few months but became clear last night as I watched the eclipse.
    Last year part of me was dreading the whole thing because Chiron squares my 6th and 12th house nodes but now I'm excited to see what I can accomplish.
    I hope it has a good effect on your life as well.

Thu, February 21, 2008 - 5:08 AM
      My last post was in answer to the original poster, just in case it's unclear to whom I was speaking to.
      • Unsu...

Thu, February 21, 2008 - 6:01 AM
        Cine,
        RE:its from another post that I started here and something related to chiron returns
        "Around age 50, people have a Chiron return.
        I have been collecting a list of people who accomplish something noteworthy at this age.....may not be exactly what you are looking for but it's in the same league. ;) "

I am not sure what aspect natally chiron is in your chart or for these people or anything but you mentioned having a return.

Thu, February 21, 2008 - 3:13 PM
          Thanks, I'll have to check out that thread.
          I seem to have gotten my eclipses mixed up last night. Last night's eclipse conjuncted my natal Leo Pluto in the 4th h.
          The Solar eclipse earlier this month fell on my M.C. conjunct Chiron. And yeah, I'm now in my Chiron return. I'm feeling a push to write about the mythology and archetypes regarding Tarot and Astrology. I've only had a handful of articles published on the Tarot, nothing noteworthy.
          I'm not sure if I'm even qualified to do this new work or if anyone would care to read it but the push is so intense. It can't be ignored.

Recent topics in "Astrology Now"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
USA chart offlinerik 0 September 8, 2013
The semi-sextile nykky 0 July 17, 2013
Mars/Saturn interaspects in synastry Gabby 4 September 26, 2012
Saturn/Pluto In 10th House KittyKat 1 September 26, 2012