Advertisement

Recommendations for Tomorrow's Elections (CA)

topic posted Mon, June 2, 2008 - 4:28 PM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
Recommendations for Tomorrow's Elections (CA)

Liberation News recommends people get out to vote tomorrow, to vote NO on Proposition 98, and YES on Proposition 99. In addition, a letter from Attorney Kate Wells urging Santa Cruz voters to vote for Steven Wright for judge is also included.

Proposition 98 would amend the State Constitution to prohibit rent control and eliminate renters’ protections against slumlords. It is being sponsored by the California Apartment Owners Association, the California Association of Realtors, and the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association. While the fake progressive city of Santa Cruz has no rent control, the elimination of rent control in other cities due to this proposition would result in people loosing their roofs and becoming homeless. Liberation News joins the California Labor Federation, the American Association of Retired Persons, and the League of Women Voters in saying NO on 98.

Proposition 99 would amend the constitution to bar state and local governments from using eminent domain to seize owner-occupied residences and transfer it to commercial developers and other private parties. Such protection from eminent domain abuse will be a positive step forward, while this would also preserve the process for using eminent domain for beneficial projects like schools and hospitals. Most importantly, this measure would leave rent control in place. Proposition 99 states that if it is approved by more votes than Proposition 98, Proposition 98 will not take effect. Liberation News joins the California Labor Federation, League of California Homeowners, League of Women Voters, and the Alliance for Retired Americans, and the Consumer Federation in urging you to vote YES on 99.

In addition, Kate Wells, an attorney who has gone to bat in support of homeless rights and free speech rights in Santa Cruz, would like Santa Cruz voters to see her following message:

To those concerned:

I urge you all to vote for Steven Wright for Superior Court Judge in tomorrow's election. His opponent, Ari Symons, a life-long Republican who suddenly changed her registration to Democrat at the beginning of her campaign, has been declared unqualified to be a judge by the relevant state judicial commission (she appealed the designation and was again found to be unqualified.) She is also a prosecutor in the D.A.'s office and we already have way too many ex-prosecutors on the bench. Wright was the preferred candidate by 75 % of his fellow attorneys; he was found qualified by the state commission; he is a defense attorney and he is a fair-minded, competent and compassionate person. I have personally known Steve for 25 + years and have the highest regard for him. Please pass this on to all of your local email correspondents. Recently, the so-called "Progressive Coalition of Santa Cruz County" has passed out doorhangers endorsing Symons making it appear that she is the progressive candidate - NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH !

Thanks for passing this message on.
Kate Wells

Join the Cool Earth Party
tribes.tribe.net/coolearth

This is an article of Liberation News, Subscribe Free:
lists.riseup.net/www/info/...ation_news
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Now I want to introduce to everyone in Washington D.C., San Fransisco, Los Angeles
    and America and the entire wide world including the Province of British Columbia
    my running mate Jeff Fisher.

Just come to NYC and meet him if you like or you can talk to Mary Elizabeth (Tipper)
    and I instead or both of us if you prefer.

You all need to Google Al Gore Jeff Fisher HBO RECOUNT Chicago Suntimes

Lets all combine our efforts to get rid of George W Bush by July 1st, 2008 or sooner.

Albert Arnold Gore Jr

You missed Jeff in great action today. He marched in a parade up 5th Avenue
    saying to tens of thousands of parade watchers

Google Jeff Fisher Liberty Freedom Al Sharpton Jesse Jackson

Jeff also wrote a great Google at a Storefront on plywood with a Bic Pen
    (Interpol reported this to me and Tom Heneghan) at 52nd Steet E
    and Fifth Avenue also.

Can you believe how stupid Hillary and Barack look now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff also met several Mormons from Utah that are contacting Mitt Romney
    to jump back in the race to create a ticket of Romney-Paul for the GOP.

Oh! You better Google Jeff Fisher Dream Team Jane Bowell Madonna Alicia Keys Wembly Stadium World Peace

Thank you all for watching HBO Recount and spreading the word also.

Let's all work as a great American Team and end the war ASAP
    and let Jeff get all his peace plans going.

Again Mary Elizabeth and I thank you

As Jeff says "Its time to Rock and Roll"

I know Raul and Fidel Castro will be very interested in meeting Jeff.
    I would love to see them along with Hugo Chevez and Daniel Ortega
    come ASAP to NYC to meet Jeff in Central Park.

Please spread the word to all your friends.

Signing off to all who never gave up on me.
    Albert Arnold Gore Jr