Advertisement

my sister (short short story)

topic posted Tue, July 21, 2009 - 4:29 PM by  D
Share/Save/Bookmark
Right after my sister died the phone thing started. We were only a little over a year apart and always close, always got along, you know. Tina was always a good sister to me. She always had my back my whole life long and I mean more than anyone else. More than mom and dad, more the either of my wives for christ sake. It was just our thing we were tight that way it was no big deal and I never gave it much thought it was so natural. I took hard, yeah - and that's why I didn't tell anyone about the calls at first, you know. I was afraid for sure that they would think I was crazy, I mean wouldn't you? Sure. I was unstable no doubt about that no doubt that I was not at my best but not enough to explain those calls. Those calls were real only I can't imagine how that could be? Tina called at least once a day and after some encouragement she opened up to me again. I guess at first she was confused or something? I mean I'd be confused being dead an all, wouldn't you? Sure. It took her a while to find herself over there, I guess. She started calling less and less and I had the feeling that was a good thing like Tina was "getting a life" we would tease each other. I know it's ironic her being dead and all. But after about a year she stopped calling and that is okay with me if you wanna know the truth.
posted by:
D
offline D
Washington, D.C.
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: my sister (short short story)

Wed, July 22, 2009 - 10:26 AM
    Beautiful story D...
    Thanks

My stepmother came to me in dreams a lot after she just died... for months...
    She visited less and less as time passed...
    Now I dream of her maybe twice a year..
    Everytime is wonderful...
    • Re: my sister (short short story)

Wed, July 22, 2009 - 10:50 AM
      Sorry, but why are you flinging insults about a valid question?
      • Unsu...

Wed, July 22, 2009 - 10:56 AM
        It's a story about death written from the heart...
        From the perspective of the ones that stay behind..
        This is the perfect tribe to post it don't you think..?
        As the tribe is called death...
        A story from the heart is very fragile.
        So let's no criticise and insult... yes ?
      • D
        D
        offline 136

Wed, July 22, 2009 - 10:57 AM
        cause it ain't a valid question what the hell are you talking about i would never ever insult someones creative post like you are and it is about death - get it, death and I think the tribe is called death you have no class whatsoever congradulations

Wed, July 22, 2009 - 11:04 AM
        Here, YOU WIN!
        Let me crown you in glory and wrap you in the cloth of righteous anger.
        I am not a native speaker of English and I missed the short short story allusion thinking it was a real story.
        Don't let this deter you!
        ALWAYS STRIKE : )
        • D
          D
          offline 136

Wed, July 22, 2009 - 11:15 AM
          just a thought how about don't be negative if you think someone is posting about their dead sister - like if whoever told me that story even if I thought they were totally nuts I'd just say, O that's nice?
          I mean argue with them about politics or god or something else meaningless

Wed, July 22, 2009 - 11:38 AM
            Ah, zut alors!
            You assume...You assume...

I wouldn't judge you unless you paid me for it.

I am a psychic and I get more of these stories for "real" and "bizarre" than you probably could write about in your wildest imaginings.
            In my case, It is really reality surpassing fiction.

As long as I don't have to kiss you for making -up...

Thu, July 23, 2009 - 5:18 AM
              My grandfather appeared to me after he died, just as clear as day. He looked young and well and whole, all the disease and disability gone. He smiled and lifted a hand in farewell, as if to let me know he was OK - and because he knew I would be able to "hear" him. At this point in time, I was not in touch with my family at all - I did not get "official" word of his passing until much later. I was doing a LOT of psychedelics though, and I think I was just open to receive the call.

Nice post D - if my sisters die before me, I hope I can hear them too. :-)

Tue, July 28, 2009 - 10:06 AM
                You can.

You can make such an agreement but don't be chicken when people - they are still people but now they are simply keep up their word.
                You can expect that.

Just expect a "visitation" of sorts or a dream - sometimes very vivid if you are not too scared.

People usually drop in to say goodbye in some way.

The veil is getting "thinner" because we are becoming more aware. The next dimension is as close as your skin.

One day it will become common occurrence to communicate with the next dimension - it's just right there - as much as we now get on the phone with far away relatives and reach people across the world with the Internet.

Recent topics in "Death"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Anyone here? Survivor 44 December 18, 2014
Is a day of oure death predestined Unsubscribed 32 January 19, 2013
How doctors die eileen 8 May 25, 2012
Chronic Illness Vs Terminal Illness Gerard 8 October 17, 2011