Advertisement

Ace of Pentacles

topic posted Thu, March 20, 2008 - 8:13 AM by  petra
Share/Save/Bookmark
I've had the Ace of Pentacles come up often in my own relationship readings...Could it indicate moving in together or possible commitment? *hopeful* I'm a practical sort of woman so I prefer relationships with a solid foundation, (as opposed to flowers and candy romance). I like this card, I just am not quite sure what it means in romance readings. Any thoughts?
posted by:
petra
Toronto
Advertisement
  • normally it means new wealth or new business ventures.

aces always represent something new.
    • with regard to relationships, the ace of disks could mean some sort of document or agreement or decree. like a pre-nup would be in line with this card. or maybe a clear statement of intention or understanding. :)
      • I see the Aces as acting more like inertia, similar to dawn, it's there before you realize. There's a degree of history with this concept as Aces usually are not as tangible as an actual manifestation of event yet often lead to one. History does repeat it's self.
    • Unsu...

Maybe not necessarily new, but, basic or fundamental.
      • Unsu...

'with regard to relationships, the ace of disks could mean some sort of document or agreement or decree. like a pre-nup would be in line with this card. or maybe a clear statement of intention or understanding. :)'

Now for me, contracts of any kind go with the 10 of Pentacles.

As for pregnancy - I could see both the Ace of Coins and the Ace of Cups in relation to that - the former mayber with the sesne of a sccessful fertilisation, the other with the joy of of anticipating the happy event. But the Princess, or Page of Pemtacles, I find, can indicate this. I once drew that card for a man in his forties who had, in fact, very recently got a much younger lover pregnant.
  • Unsu...

definitely it is a good sign card.. something good coming.
    • Unsu...

I see the Ace of Pentacles as being more to do with new work opprtunities/business opportunities too.
      • Unsu...

i agree with frank the aces represent things before they fully form and gain intelegence. they are elemental also. i think you hit the nail on the head when you said you like a solid foundation no foo foo romantic stuff. the ace of pentacles would tend to be speaking of something fundemental but not developed, it can also point to there being plenty to build that solid foundation you are looking for, and to be real clear we are talking material, nest making materials of a sort , i think in your case.

and for Nexus7 the seven of pentacles augurs business opertunity the ace would be more ofmaybe a hint at a posibility of things like that, its just not developed enough, where did you get that about the ace i am curious
        • Unsu...

'and for Nexus7 the seven of pentacles augurs business opertunity the ace would be more ofmaybe a hint at a posibility of things like that, its just not developed enough, where did you get that about the ace i am curious'

I didn't say I thought the 7 of Pentacles indicated business opportunities - to me on the contray, it can be easy to lose business opportunities with this one. I once went through a patch of going for a sereis of unsuccessful interviews and I kept on drawing that card. I still don't know where I was going wrong, bt just feltthat somehow there was a sesnse that my face did not fit.

That is how my Pack works, anyway.

On the other hand, I find that the Ace of Pnetackes comes up a lot when there are opportunities around and onews with positive outcomes too, especially when combined with either the Princess of Wands or the Chariot.
          • When others have read for me they often get ace or 7 of pentacles and interpret it as work, but that never applies to my romantic life as I'm not planning to go into business with my lover. I always see aces as good but unclear. The Ace of cups also gets drawn with this card too.

It's sunny that you mention the 7 of pents as it comes up in readings regarding roomates and I'm not sure what it means there either...Could it be looking for a new home?
            • Unsu...

the ace of discs,
              or, Kether of Earth,
              is inspiring an object
              1 is the purest number...
              the potential energy (earth)
              and the product of the air (10)
              as for the seven of discs...
              Netzach/Venus emotion
              right brain obsession
              feelings clouding
              unrequited?
              • Be very careful. The Ace of Pentacles can sometimes indicate a pregnancy. If this would be inconvenient, take extra precautions.

With love under will,

Bob, Adastra,
                The Wizzard of Jacksonville
              • "feelings clouding, unrequited" Thats sounds right...my love is still unrequited , and i'm confused as to where i stand.

And I've been worried about the possible pregnancy thing too, as for years readers have mentioned it to me even though I thought it'd be a longshot as I only see my lover a couple times a year and we are careful. This Ace is pretty powerful, isn't it?
  • Unsu...

I like the symbol of a seed for this card. Are you planting a seed with this person?
    • I'm wishing a seed for romantic relationship could be planted with this person, but we've got the Twin Flame thing happening between us so it's lots of major growth and seperation between us. *sigh* ....how i wish we could have something with a solid foundation....
  • >>>possible commitment?<<<

Commitment would more likely be indicated by the Ace of Swords which refers (among other things) to oaths and vows.

With love under will,

Bob, Adastra,
    The Wizzard of Jacksonville
    • I see proposals and commitments in the Page of Wands, the diligent go getter is all about validation and authorization, the good child has an inherent need to do what is right, or what it's told is right. This is the nature of the over achiever that is reflected in the wand. The wand also reflects things like pens, papers, propositions and directives as is often seen in marriage agreements and proposals.

I read swords as an "Air" element representing thoughts and ideas that create emotion, aces as new surges or beginnings. Agreements with an Ace of Air will change as they are only beginning to take form where the Page of Wands is already "in the act of doing".

I feel any ace is too short term to reflect anything more than an initial "idea" or action towards marriage. It's an initiatory stage not a conclusion or final outcome. My concern with seeing such an indication in a question of love is that the quest to achieve has become more important than the result?

For example, if I asked..."Will my boss pay me?" and I draw the Ace of Pentacles, I would read it as a partial payment with more to come and could represent money with held and paid later, or more likely, that in continuing employment there is continuing pay. When I apply it to a question of marriage, there is ample opportunity to begin the marriage process and maybe to continue to begin the marriage process, but I no indication of anything permanent. Just the opposite in fact.

Recent topics in "**TAROT**"