Advertisement

California permitting.

topic posted Tue, February 17, 2009 - 5:38 PM by  Justin
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hello.
I'm A california resident and interested in putting in mass amounts of earthships in northern california and making community living quarters. Does anyone have a layout or presentation to give me so that I can present it to the Placer County and Nevada County city buildings that I am making connections with. Any and all responses are helpful. thank you. Justin Ancheta . www.justinancheta.com
posted by:
Justin
SF Bay Area
Advertisement
  • Re: California permitting.

Mon, February 23, 2009 - 12:05 PM
    Hey Justin, It's me Sage.
    I was recently on the Earthship.org website. Here's a link to their reccomendations for working with counties that have not yet permitted Earthship construction.
    Under the 'buildings' tab is a section called 'codes and laws' where they discuss presenting the concept, how to do it w/out sounding any "what the fuck is this" alarms. They offer videos, booklets, and specialized material to educate the members of the approval boards that we have to deal with. Fortunately, Mike Reynolds has done so much of the footwork for us. Copy & Past the following address:
    www.earthship.net/web/index.php
    C U Later...
    Sage

Thu, February 26, 2009 - 9:52 AM
    My buddy is doing this exact thing in Ohio. He is getting grants from the county he lives in I believe. :) More info soon. i'll make him join this tribe since he is much more knowledgeable than I.
    Cheers and keep posting!

Sun, July 5, 2009 - 5:11 PM
    Has anyone got any recent information on throwing down some earthships in NoCa? My husband and I are currently in the idea and planning phase of going out to the Pacific Northwest/ NoCa next year. Justin, lemme know if you get that community going. I am totally interested in your idea.

Sat, January 23, 2010 - 2:47 PM
      I would also be interested in having an earthship in northern CA.
      We should maintain closer contact, phone/smail with each other and maybe form a written list of people interested and start to collaborate efforts, right?
      visit my webpage for contact info for me. I'd be happy to keep track of the list and and developments.
      thanks
      www.mamababyblossom.com

Thu, August 19, 2010 - 2:13 PM
    Hi I'm new here, but I'm a california resident as well and would really like to know more on this topic. Has anyone made any progress??

Thanks

Wed, June 22, 2011 - 9:01 PM
      I have an investor geting me some land and i would like to get more information on California Permitting I am in Escondido California and will be searching around with in a 60 mile rad. What do I need to know about California Permitting for an Earthship?

Thanks

Wed, November 16, 2011 - 5:27 AM
    Justin,

I am in NORCAL, and I am interested in hearing about the progeess you have made. I have some land that I want to put a Earthship on. It is in Modoc co. do you know anything at all about their zoning regulations? Additionally I am looking to partner up with like minds in order to build a self sustainable community.

Thom

Sun, April 8, 2012 - 1:32 PM
    Hi I am a California resident from the bay, and I would love to spread the idea of the California permitting laws. I am taking a course in college and I wanted to make a persuasive speech of why we should have earthships acceptable to the California permitting laws and why it would be better. I was hoping that I could not only use this oppurnity for exposure but also awareness. Things that would help me would be the main points of what the california permitting laws won't allow and why; also if there are already a voters signature forms that I could use for the speech, but that I could also use for the movement.

contact me at: Rebelliouswhitespirit@yahoo.com

Recent topics in "Earthships"