Advertisement

Taurus possessive??

topic posted Thu, March 27, 2008 - 6:37 PM by  LeeLee
Share/Save/Bookmark
I am looking for deeper insight into the sign Taurus...

I always read that Taurus is possessive. Strong emphasis on ownership/possessions (including people). I have no Taurus in me (i'm all Cancer/Virgo/Libra/Scorpio) and I struggle to understand this concept every time I read it...

Are there any Taureans that can shed some light on what they say about your sign and explain to me if and how you find that to be true..?
posted by:
LeeLee
Boston
Advertisement
  • Re: Taurus possessive??

Fri, March 28, 2008 - 10:14 AM
    taurus likes to own things and deals with worth and value.

could be possessive in the sense that its likes possessions of the physical sense and could be a stamp collector or simply likes to hold onto the things he/she values. traditionally these people have trouble 'letting-go' or moving on. This is a fixed sign and needs constant reassurances of their own worth. not necessarily possessive in a realtionship sense however. I actually know of no taureans that i can think of that have cheated on someone however, and i do know that some of them do like to treat lovers as possessions, but have found that the other sign in this axis, scorpio, can be accused of the same.

Fri, March 28, 2008 - 10:19 AM
      Fascinating....

Still a hard concept to grasp for....I'm the other end of the spectrum completely.
      I ask because my boyfriend is a Sun Taurus, Moon In scorpio
      (Venus gemini which may lighten the load...lol)
      and i wonder whats going on in that quiet little head of his :-)
      He's actually not quiet at all but he keeps his emotions under control (as most lunar scorpions do)...

Fri, March 28, 2008 - 10:23 AM
        moon scorpio makes for a sensitive soul, venus gemini on the other hand, not at all posssessive.

Fri, March 28, 2008 - 10:29 AM
          He has venus in the 1st, Pluto (libra) in the 5th and Neptune (sag) in the 7th...whats your take? Good fit for me? lol

Tue, December 9, 2008 - 2:15 AM
            Sounds like...me!
            <<He has venus in the 1st, Pluto (libra) in the 5th and Neptune (sag) in the 7th>>
            (though Venus and my Sun are in my 2nd) I have Venus in Gemini and a Scorpio Moon. Libra Pluto in the 5th, Sag Neptune in the 7th.

Fri, March 28, 2008 - 11:02 AM
        i believe that oppsites are a powerful way to explore the astro-chart... these discussions on Scorpio/8thouse make for perect ways to see the flip side to the stylistic coin of the Taurus/Scorpio dynamic... to me, Taurus stabilizes things so that Scorpio can detroy them... stability and constancy are the physical comforts that the ego needs for balance in the deep waters of scorpio...

you might try a meditation/ritual where you create a safe and quiet place to explore these archetypes... a magic circle divided into a pair of dualities that meld in the middle... you may be able to explore these areas and see how they work together and seperately... then become hollow so these energies dont linger...

its interesting that this man has Sun in Taurus and Moon Scorpio... some poeple consider the sun/moon to be the most powerful pair of magicall opposites......

Fri, March 28, 2008 - 11:05 AM
          "some poeple consider the sun/moon to be the most powerful pair of magicall opposites...... "

In what way?

Fri, March 28, 2008 - 2:31 PM
            fiery self-realizing conscious striving vs. watery soul-satisfying unconscious reception... night and day... darkness-light... man woman (although that one seems male dominated)... active vs. passive...

Fri, March 28, 2008 - 10:58 PM
        Interesting, LeeLee - somewhat like your boyfriend, I'm a Taurus Sun, Scorpio Moon, Gemini Rising (Taurus Venus, though, which, of course, is worlds different than a Gemini Venus).

I think the points made above about Taurus having a hard time letting go of things, with change, with moving on are very relevant. This can impact their connections to people, as well - they have a hard time letting someone go out of their 'collection' of people they have 'accumulated.' It gives a sense of security to have these people around. In this way, a person is felt as a possession to Taurus - like something the absence of which would be an upsetting change. Taurus-influenced individuals' physicality with people they care about (the 'possessions') helps to reassure them that these valued people are definitely, very much there - they have not left.

I once read that Taurus isn't necessarily jealous in its possessiveness (though the opposite is often claimed), which I think is generally true. Taurus wants their people to still be around, but it doesn't necessarily need these people to stay away from others - as long as the Taurus is sure the people will still be there, in the end.

It's like, "You are a part of what I see, and feel, and - therefore - what know is in the world around me. Don't leave and make me have to reform my notion of the world. Don't make me reconfigure how I will exist without your familiar presence." But maybe less like a robot, as that sounded very robotic.
  • Unsu...

Re: Taurus possessive??

Fri, March 28, 2008 - 2:59 PM
    This is only from observation but yeah there is a tendency for possessiveness with Taurus.

To explain, My friend and her ex-boyfriend are both Taurus signs and during a two year period they broke up and got together twice. She said that before I met her they had broken up once before.

The short story is that for both of them there was what I called a "heaven on earth" quality to the relationship and anything intruding on that was frowned upon. You could actually call it co-dependent or unhealthy which is what it was. She left her ex but she had to leave the state to do it because she knew that if she were near him she'd come back to him and that he'd take her back.

But this is just one example.

Fri, March 28, 2008 - 3:18 PM
      ..or "hell on earth"...but either way, no one was leaving, right?
      Very interesting...

Sat, March 29, 2008 - 3:09 PM
        The grass might be greener over there, but this is my grass, thank you very much.

I am not a big collector of things, but I am exceedingly loyal. It takes a while before I really embrace a person, but once they are my friend, it takes a tremendous effort on their part to shake me. They have to go out of their way to hurt me in order for me to give up entirely on the friendship. This doesn't mean that we have to talk all of the time, or constantly hang out. Quite the opposite. Years can pass, but those people whom I count among my friends can call me five years down the line, and we'll pick up precisely where we left off. I think it can be a very Taurean trait to choose quality over quantity. I may be accused of being possessive at times (although I can't remember the last time anybody said so...), but that possession comes out of my pride in others, as opposed to jealousy. And although I am somewhat of a lonestar, when I am in relationship, I am incapable of straying.
        Just some thoughts from an eighth house sun in Taurus (Libra asc. and moon, if you're wondering- yep, as mushy as they come.)
  • ree
    ree
    offline 7

Sat, March 29, 2008 - 1:02 PM
    i am a taurus sun, a very possesive kind. looking at my past, this personality trait is not so appealing to me.
    i am trying to change that in me, with little or no results.
    i possess objects, collect things, i get lots of pleasure picking up the find objects, and attribute them with meaning, sounds so hippie, but i am not it. ... it is easy for me to imagine, what an object could have seen in this world, who touched it, i can feel the soul of a spoon for example. sometimes i am absolutely convinced the power of the objects. sometimes when i write with a pen of an other person, i start to write like that person who owns the pen. maybe it is all in my head, but comes so naturally.
    sometimes i think it is just way too much. i cannot let go of things. and i talked only about things...oh, this can be so cute. but with people i do the same, once someone comes in my life, they have to stay in my life or else. i cannot let go. letting go feels like death for me, and how can someone be dead while still alive. that is too high for me to understand. i have lots of trouble understanding the dearest person in my life, my mom she is a sag with gem rising. she is so superficial, such an extrovert, and she calls me overly sensitive.
    when i have a boyfriend, i don't like when someone else touches him..: )
    but when it happens, i move away, give up, cannot forgive. the touch will remain on him forever. i can see it! usually i move to an other continent to be able to break away. that means i spend loads of money to ship my STUFF. including crap.
    i have a lot to learn....

with friends i am easier, but in the end of the day i have to feel they are family members, i cannot stand superficial connections, i have never been able to get ahead or benefit from these kind of relationships.

Sun, March 30, 2008 - 9:11 AM
      Ree
      I think the reason why you "feel the soul" of objects is because of your moon and pluto in the 2nd house....
      Your chart isn't that clear though so correct me if I'm wrong.
      Thanks for your insight! I appreciate any and all info. Taurus is such a mystery to me...not sure why.

Tue, April 1, 2008 - 8:27 PM
        I know a person who has 4 planets in taurus : sun, venus, mars, mercury
        Although he said he used to be a jealous guy.. now he's more of a "love them and leave them type'. Maybe he has issues with his self worth so he finds it hard to stick with a girl long enough to see it work. That and he said he gets bored with the whole couple's routine. Going out, fighting a bit, making up.. ad nauseum.
        What's interesting is, he likes traditional girls, pursues them like crazy. Then a few months down the road he gets bored with them. He has aquarius descendant by the way. He doesn't get the fact that maybe he's perfect for a more erratic type of girl. I guess that's where his stubbornness shows, he keeps pursuing the wrong ideal girl for him. Try telling them to change their preference.. won't work.

Wed, April 2, 2008 - 11:57 AM
          Oh, tell me about it! I'm quite Taurus-y, with my Sun and Venus there and Venus aspects to my Ascendant and Moon, and I had (and am FINALLY starting to break out of) a terrible habit of always chasing after a certain type of girl who was bound to reject me or lead me on with clearly no intentions of following through. I was only interested in these girls for the longest time, even though it never worked out. Hopefully your friend figures it out and is able to move on to girls who are better fits for him.

Thu, April 10, 2008 - 9:21 AM
            Rothilda,

In my friend's case he's the one who always leaves in the end.. but he still doesnt want to change his preference. I so want to bang his head on a wall.
            • Unsu...

Sun, July 6, 2008 - 11:16 AM
              i am a taurus sun.. very possessive.. and scorpio moon makes it even worse:)

Mon, August 25, 2008 - 8:00 AM
                This is so interesting. I have Taurus in 7th and 8th house. My moon is in Taurus. My soul mate's moon is also in Taurus. I'm not possessive at all, which you would think I would be since I also have a lot of Scorpio in me (Libra/Scorp cusp, Scorpio Asc, Neptune and Mercury in Scorpio, Pluto conj Venus squaring my moon no less). So you'd think that I would be very possessive and jealous but I was pretty much an out of sight, out of mind type and still am. I never wonder what he does when he's not around me. I don't need him hanging on me when he's around.

He on the other hand is possessive. He is completely inflexible and fixed. He wants total control of his possessions and has to decide everything about the house and what's in it. He has to make all decisions regarding food. Me, I wouldn't notice if the whole thing fell in on me unless it actually hit me and then I'd just move. I like the way he has things, but I certainly wouldn't go through all that anxiety to have things and keep them. We're polar opposites there.

He also can't stand any changes. I mean anything. He can't stand to change jobs, houses, cities, etc. I'm the exact opposite in that left to my own devices I'll move every three months, never furnish a place or put food in it, wander from job to job (or my company gets bought out over and over causing changes) and easily wander from city to city and country to country. These things cause him untold anxiety while I just go with it and never seem bothered.

When I met him, I was like an air plant. I'd just float around and attach to anything without really ever putting down roots or getting too attached. As soon as I met him, he moved me in and actually took control of all those details. I always said he was like an oak tree to my air plant. I've also said I'm chaos in the universe and he's order.

Now one thing that is true of both of us is that we shut out people around us when we're together. We don't do it consciously but people comment on it. We do tend to have to touch alot or be physical a lot to feel comfortable with each other. And forget separating us. That is pure torture. I can completely relate to leaving the state or country to leave. The thing is I can't leave and neither can he because we are part of each other and it's like pure physical agony for us to be really separated. I'm not talking about doing things apart or having separate friends, I mean actually separated. It's horrible. It's like withdrawal. Neither one of us can stand it.

So that's the dynamic of our Taurus moons. Pretty funny for a Libra Sun and Aquarius Sun to act that way. We actually were both free spirits before we met. I guess Taurus took care of that.

Mon, December 8, 2008 - 4:58 PM
                  Hi, im a Taurus (8th house) with Moon Cancer, and Gemini Venus, and to tell u the truth

I can be pretty possessive, but only when i take a girl back for cheating on me or lying or abusing my trust and love.
                  Therefore theres no trust and i never wanted them to leave my side, and when they did, my mind races in light years.
                  DONT ABUSE HIS TUST AND YOUR FINE.
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.

Mon, December 15, 2008 - 4:19 PM
                    why would you take anyone back for lying, cheating and other sabatogue,,,

what I see are more issues than simply the sign

I'm libra sun. taurus moon,,,and have scorpio in venus

I'm not jealous or possessive and have been loyal to both an open and closed relationships,,,whatever is agreed on,,,I do move on and expect the woman to move on when they feel a need to grow or fullfill their lives,,,I won't hold anyone hostage in a relationship,,,tho I do expect honesty,,,so my favorite relation is friends with benefits,,,that way we can discuss everything under the sun with out judgement,,,women have told me things they would never tewll thier boyfriends ,,,
                    tho I do like the depth and the earthiness of a relation,,,I can also move forward with life easily

sometimes the astro chart can be more usefull when we look at how we can integrate our selves as individuals,,,coming together with other individuals

Mon, December 15, 2008 - 5:47 PM
    So funny you brought this up- i just found out a friend of mine has a Taurus moon years after thinking she had a Gemini moon (she has a very strong ascendant- almost all the luminaries hitting it), and much of her possessive behavior falls into place now- I was thinking about it earlier today, in fact. This woman is also a "love 'em and leave 'em" type but in reality, she never really lets them leave. They all belong to her in some sense, and she makes it a point to stay in touch with countless lovers, even while knowing it's a waste of time because all she really wants is serenity! And I notice this in our relationship as friends also. I sometimes feel like one of her many possessions- there's always this feeling that her view of me and our friendship will never change or end because she says it is so, and I belong in her world, dammit!

Sat, January 31, 2009 - 2:40 AM
    I would say we are possessive in regards to love/sex. I'm a 8th house Taurus with Venus and Jupiter in Taurus. I just don't want my man to show romantic or sexual attention to any other woman be her real or on paper. I won't share my man. But that's the only way I'm possessive. However, I initially trust him. If he breaks it, then I'm suspicious. We don't give up and try hard to keep the relationship going--we won't let go. But, yes, love him and leave him. If the relationship is over, it's over. But that might be my Moon conjunct pluto.

I would say it is more territorial than possessive.

And Venus in Gemini would make him less like this, but may make him more inclined to be unfaithful, so you might have to watch him. But you have to trust your intuition on that. My brother is a Cancer with Venus in Gemini and Mars in Taurus and he's the most faithful, loving husband you could ever imagine.

Fri, March 6, 2009 - 10:00 PM
      Tanya, i totally get you and what you're saying. I've got Moon and Mars in Taurus (mars in the 7th). and Scorpio rising.

yes, definitely territorial.. AND possessive
  • Unsu...

Tue, February 17, 2009 - 7:57 PM
    Saturn Taurus 8th house here

saturn work
    8th house relationships
    taurus reward

I have noticed when I'm working/living contently its likely my relation~ships will also benefit. In relationships I'm quite willing to work at them, as long as the other(s) is also making an effort as well. I tend not to be very possessive and appreciate honesty when it comes to communication. Personal responsibility is also key element when it comes to the realms of work/ownership/relationships.

Reward wise, I tend to find joy in the simple things of life and appreciate a few treats along the way.
  • Unsu...

Sun, March 29, 2009 - 12:10 AM
    First and most, Taurus needs security. And since Taurus is an earth sign, it hopes to find security in tangible things. Things you can touch. Such as human beings, brick walls, cash money and so on. Taurus cannot part with these tangible things because they symbolize security. And without security, Taurus is a nervous wreck. So Taurus is not exactly possesive in general - as a rule of thumb. Taurus can freely give away anything he or she does not need for his or her security. It's all in the mind. If, for example, Taurus decides he (she) needs to have a house of this own in order to be safe and feel secure, he will never part from this house as long as he believes he needs it for his security. But it won't mean a lot to him anymore - except for some dear memories perhaps - as soon as he decides he no longer needs the house in order to feel OK.
    PS: I'm a Taurus ;-)

Sun, March 29, 2009 - 3:52 AM
    Is there anyone here with an 8th house Taurus? Care to describe how the 8th house modifies the Taurus in your chart?

Sun, May 23, 2010 - 6:12 AM
      I am an 8th house Taurus, with my Mercury in Gemini also in 8th house.
      It just makes me more Scorpio like. I have thought about sex & death since a very young age.
      Makes me less materialistic & more spiritual and psychic.
      Sex is more important than money.

Recent topics in "The 8th House"