Advertisement

Artistic Radical Inclusivity & Self Reliance

topic posted Mon, July 20, 2009 - 7:39 AM by  Moki
Share/Save/Bookmark
Artistic Radical Inclusivity & Radical Self Reliance=Burningman Spirit

The idea that started me on the burners path, by invitation of my sister a long time artist, was that it was about letting go of the past, that everything that has happened in our life, at burningman, for Larry could through ritual of starting with a blank slate, tabula rasa, then create an expression of who we were being in our past, and burn it because our past has nothing to do with our present possible community in Utah. Everything that happened good and bad, can be wiped away so that we can become a community that represent the spirit of buringman.

Pam called out to Utah for a name of this year's event. The first thing that came to my mind was Transformation. Transformation like a butterfly, is not just changing and changing back, but transforming your way of being forever more. I wondered why I put this out to a group I didn't know. I was amazed given that I haven't had the possibility of meeting these amazing artist here in Utah that my suggestion would ever be voted on or win.

This is a type of click isn't it, but it's one that anyone who is willing to participate, not just be a spectator but jump into the fire and get a little dirty and burned could find a home. Every burn I went to from LA, SF and now in Utah gave me the possibility to find instant friends who once they saw I was a man of service immediately included me in the family.

Now that you gave me this opportunity to burn my past which was more then I can begin to share, I am free to be a burner again, to gain the best possibility of community by jumping in and sharing.

It doesn't matter if one is a good greeter or bad, great fire performer or just learning, but that we try to do more than just watch, but choose to be part of the transformation of our world.

“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.”
Al bert Einstein

One love, one family, jump in
Tom (Moki) Gallagher
posted by:
Moki
Advertisement
  • Re: Artistic Radical Inclusivity & Self Reliance

Wed, August 12, 2009 - 11:02 PM
    beautifully spoken. thank you Moki!
    Namaste,
    Debbie
    • Re: Artistic Radical Inclusivity & Self Reliance

Thu, August 13, 2009 - 9:51 AM
      It turns out it was Terra idea for transformation cause she created the art and your community put it together. I just showed up and enjoyed one of the best regional burns of my life. I mistaken thought the vote Pam put out for ideas for this years theme created got it choosen as the idea.

Intuition is funny, we are all thinking the same thing, however, the results are what matter, the person who jumps on the collective consciousness and brings it into the world is the only thing that matters.

Recent topics in "Element 11"