Advertisement

prolonged socialization

topic posted Sun, September 9, 2007 - 10:30 PM by  Gypsi Star
Share/Save/Bookmark
How do you deal with being around too many ppl for too long.

Me.. I take long walks, seclusion in what ever sense it takes.. even just plunking mindlessly on the puter.. sometimes for hours.. just to unwind and let go.. or go for a drive.. go sit by some running water... such as a river.. or stream.. or go camping by myself.. things like this..
posted by:
Gypsi Star
Montana
Advertisement
  • Re: prolonged socialization

Wed, October 3, 2007 - 11:37 PM
    I'm not around too many people for too long. It drives me crazy.

Mon, October 8, 2007 - 10:02 AM
      I left my mountain 2 weeks ago to come to California. Needless to say it was a culture shock. There are so many ppl here that it was a definite adjustment.

To put things in perspective.. I live 62 miles from the nearest McDonalds, the nearest hospital and there are more ppl in one apartment complex then in the entire city where I live. The population of my city is 150. I'm surrounded by national forest and a lake. Its wonderful. We have an abundant of wildlife that live around us, coming into town at will. Its an amazing world of seclusion.

I used to live in Ca.. now its a definite adjustment. (scared shaking whispers.. "there's ppl out there" LOL )

I have had a ball out here and done some incredible amazing discoveries.. as well as lots of healing which helps.

The ppl I'm staying with (Lying Bare and Charly) are amazingly understanding and helpful as they've been to my neck of the woods and understand how secluded it is.

Wed, April 16, 2008 - 1:20 PM
        Ahh seclusion, I've thought about retirement... and what I want. A ranch in Montana? A ranch somewhere? My own island?

Thu, April 17, 2008 - 7:32 PM
          OOOOOH my own island.. that would be bliss. at least till the monsoon season.. LOL

Being around people is a definite culture shock sometimes for me.. Right now I'm in high desert.. I really miss my trees.. but I'm not able to be in the trees right now.. so I must have patience.. perseverance and many other things..

Recent topics in "Empathic rollercoaster.."

Topic Author Replies Last Post
nude gay meet Unsubscribed 0 August 25, 2014
Empathic peaves Gypsi Star 24 September 13, 2011
The dreaded Yoga studio Thomas 2 June 20, 2011
Sensitivity v. Empathy? Unsubscribed 3 March 6, 2010
I feel =MUST SHARE this! ~*Tamara*~ 0 July 25, 2009