Advertisement

recalcification of teeth and bones

topic posted Thu, May 24, 2007 - 10:30 PM by  ~lorenzo!
Share/Save/Bookmark
I have brittle teeth and wonder if my bones are next. Any recommendations on strengthening my teeth, by recalcification?
Advertisement
  • Re: recalcification of teeth and bones

Sun, May 27, 2007 - 4:15 PM
    I know I have had bad teeth from a child. They discovered that I had osteoporosis and osteopenia a little over 10 years ago which can also affect the teeth. I had to go to the dentist this January because my crown came off. The dentist was amazed how good my teeth and gums looked. I have taken a product called Vemma since Jan 06 and it has given me back my life. Check out my testimony at www.ExpectingHealth.com

Sun, May 27, 2007 - 7:23 PM
      I would start to reduce your caffeine intake, especially coffee and anything that is highly diuretic.

Next I would supplement with large amounts of Horsetail, and take a multi-mineral with and extra dose of Calcium-Magnesium-Zinc.

I would avoid herbs that are detoxifying and dispersing, and focus on herbs that are tonifying and strengthening, at least for a while. Make sure you are getting enough vitamin C.

Herbs that strengthen circulation can help with the transport of nutrients to the bones. Gota Cola is a great alternative to caffeine and actually enhances your circulation in the capillaries. Tumeric may also help.

Keep hydrated. Chronic dehydration weakens bones.

Mon, May 28, 2007 - 8:06 AM
        Hi,
        Horsetail is too strong to use for an extended period but can be added to other herbal infusions.
        I would aquaint yourself with Stinging Nettle infusion. 1 ounce of dry herb per quart of boiling water and let this
        sit 4-12 hours. Strain and drink or use as a soup base. One cup of this herbal infusion has 300 milligrams of calcium in it
        as well as other bone building minerals. Check out Paul Bergner's book The Healing Power of MInerals
        Whole and wild foods are best. Wild food gathering would be quite beneficial.
        Chicken soup: Cook a whole, organic, ethically raised chicken with lots of veggies. The idea here is to cook the bones as well
        to get all their goodness.
        What is your diet like? Many people limit their diet for health reasons and actually do more harm than good.
        I am a teaching of nourishment and so I encourage people to get their vitamins and minerals from food not supplements.
        If vitamin C is what you want.....their is a great deal of it in potatoes, brussel sprouts, kale and eat unwashed greens in salad from
        your garden, they will have vitamin C on them.
        Peace and blessings, Julie

Mon, May 28, 2007 - 1:05 PM
          Side effects of horsetail should not be significant over the course of 6 weeks if you supplement with Potassium, minerals, and a B complex rich in B-1. Dosage is important. A smaller dose over a longer period of time is preferable.

Nettles are good in a mineral tincture.

I dont eat meat or chicken, but there is a lot of rich nutrition in the marrow of the bones.

Mon, May 28, 2007 - 2:33 PM
    I know that smoking ciggies is very bad for bones and teeth. If you are a smoker, please consider quitting.

Other than that, I'd recommend dairy products (unless you're allergic or are vegan)...

... and consider maybe taking gelatin, calcium or vitamin D (although I'd do more research on those last three before making them a part of treatment).

Mon, May 28, 2007 - 2:41 PM
      Dairy isnt really the best source of Calcium or minerals. Osteoporosis tends to be higher in countries where people eat more dairy. This could also be linked however to Northern Climates and lack of vitamin D. Large animal proteins actually leach calcium out of the body during metabolism, even as they provide some calcium. Reduction of large animal protein reduces the risk of osteoporosis.

Coffee is a major contributor to the activity of osteoclasts that increase blood levels of calcium by taking it from the bones.
  • Unsu...

Re: recalcification of teeth and bones

Mon, May 28, 2007 - 2:59 PM
    take a tsp dolomite and a tsp cod liver oil in your juice. vitamin D increases the bodies uptake of calcium 10x. the most concentrated source of natural vitamin D is cod liver oil.

Mon, May 28, 2007 - 9:05 PM
    nobody looking? I liked the coral calcium, when I placed some in water it beaded up like a pearl, wow. I use other kinds too. best uptake for minerals is to combine with vit c before bed and absorb while sleeping. I find the omegas go well with the calcium and then I sip the lumina minerals during the day. sort of like eating your rice and then hours later having the beans to bind with the leucine. Gosh, this site is so cool.
    I feel so welcome, my space freaks me out totally and it seemed so west coast. I am so happy to be doing what I love taking my pain and turing it into light where all else had failed. I mean did I go through all this for nothing. Whomever you are, today I had my final bridge fit, I had a fit, and now I am fit to discussion, halllujah.
    • Unsu...

Re: recalcification of teeth and bones

Tue, May 29, 2007 - 2:30 AM
      oh man do i know where you're coming from. thats a looooong drawn out process huh. i have upper and lowers. you'll get used to them just don't take them out for a week and your gums will adjust. i actually slept with mine the other night. i forgot to remove them. i like coral calcium too. but i have a vein of pure 25% magnesium dolomite ( i had it tested) on my property so i use it mostly. i do use coral calcium when i catch a good sale on it though.

Recent topics in "Herbal Medicine"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Help for Heartburn 4 December 6, 2013
DIY pills Pri. Etient 0 February 15, 2013
It Is Sad What Happened To This Group offlinekahuna Lamaku 7 February 14, 2013
Facebook friends Gypsi Star 2 February 13, 2013