Advertisement

Kombucha Tea vs. Apple Cider Vinegar

topic posted Tue, January 2, 2007 - 12:34 AM by  ★Wednesdey★
Share/Save/Bookmark
They seem to have similar properties and I've seen testimonials for both. Does anyone know if there is a benefit to one over the other? Or if either are paticularly suited for different types of cleansing/healing?

I'd be especially interested to hear from anyone who has had experience with both KT and ACV.

Much appreciated.

Namaste, ~W
posted by:
★Wednesdey★
Portland
Advertisement
  • Re: Kombucha Tea vs. Apple Cider Vinegar

Tue, January 2, 2007 - 9:08 AM
    Well I swear by both apple cider vinegar and kombucha. Obviously it's easier to buy the vinegar and use it on a daily basis (I like to use it as a salad dressing with olive oil and braggs; it's soooo good.) But if you can acquire a kombucha culture I'd recommend making the tea. I've been making it on and off for a year and giving away the little slimy gifts of love with each batch. The tea gives you major energy, and has so many beneficial properties I can't even list them all. But I do know that peoples in China and Russia (where it gets it's origin) who drink it regularly have no traces of cancer. It is all over great for your immune system, and eats up any foreign bacteria and toxins in your body.

I personally have over dosed on apple cider, my system is very sensitive and it is way too acidic in large amounts. I have gotten reflux before. But if you use the combination I recommend for dressing in equal amounts you should be good. You can't o.d. on kombucha.

Both are good for digestion, and candida.

Happy healing,
    Sunfeather
    • Unsu...

Re: Kombucha Tea vs. Apple Cider Vinegar

Tue, January 2, 2007 - 9:48 AM
      there is a kombucha tea drink you can buy at Whole Foods (probably others places too, but that's the only place I know of) I think it is called Synergy... anyways, it doesn't taste the best, but I always feel so good after I drink it, it gives me one of those healthy feelings and it is so good for you. The main reason I started drinking it was because it helps with body alkalinity balance, being overly acidic can be the root of many problems. I've never tried taking ACV for health purposes.
  • Re: Kombucha Tea vs. Apple Cider Vinegar

Sun, January 14, 2007 - 5:34 AM
    I think one of the primary differences between ACV & Kombucha is the way they act upon the digestive system. AVC is sour, so it is going to stimulate a cleansing of the liver & an increase in the release of bile (which is why it is often good to take 15 minutes before a meal).

Kombucha is less sour than ACV so it will contribute the above actions in a milder way. Also, Kombucha is full of probiotics which will help to repopulate your digestive system with the right kinds of bacteria.......It helped re-normalize my system weeks after an intense bout with a stomach virus last summer when nothing else seemed to make eating any easier.

I hope this helps!

Recent topics in "Herbal Medicine"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Help for Heartburn 4 December 6, 2013
DIY pills Pri. Etient 0 February 15, 2013
It Is Sad What Happened To This Group kahuna Lamaku 7 February 14, 2013
Facebook friends Gypsi Star 2 February 13, 2013