Advertisement

Internet Banking

topic posted Wed, October 13, 2010 - 11:23 PM by  Hugh
Share/Save/Bookmark
Internet banking can be a significant time savings, and has become the standard way that people manage their checking account, debit account, or bill pay. Some vendors charge high interest, some give good deals with a savings account, some offer a free debit card or a linked credit card for online savings access and bill pay. Online banking with a high interest account, money market accounts, or high interest savings account sometimes results in the best savings rates and free features.

On the other hand, there are legitimate security concerns with online banking, and the consolidation of banks like b of a online banking means that there is less incentive to provide good customer support. Before you open an account online, what are you worried about? What experiences have you had? Which banks have been good and which have been nightmares?
posted by:
Hugh
New York City
Advertisement
  • Re: Internet Banking

Sun, December 12, 2010 - 8:06 AM
    Fed up with Chase who took over my WAMU accounts and now plans to charge me 10 bucks a month unless I let them hold me hostage to leaving $500 in each account all month long I am now looking at internet options. My criteria is free checking, no ATM fees, abd a free debit card. I have no idea if this is possible but welcome any information to be found.
  • Re: Internet Banking

Wed, January 30, 2013 - 6:54 PM
    I think security (aside from the transmission of secure data piece) is best implemented in a way that enables the user to be secure. Instead of doing everything for them, give them the tools to do it themselves and you'll end up with a much better result.

Take the old banking paradigm of large granite buildings with huge columns and thick walls. This part of a bank's security isn't hidden away, but paraded out in the open for everyone to see. This reminds customers not only that they are putting their money somewhere secure, but also that it is necessary to keep their money secure. Every time they go to the bank, they are reminded of this.

Recent topics in "Internet Banking"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
nude gay meet John 0 September 20, 2014
Do u love night club for fun? Unsubscribed 0 August 23, 2014
ING Direct Übermensch 0 January 20, 2011
banking on line Hugh 0 October 13, 2010