Advertisement

Getting an LED hoop...how do I know who to buy from?

topic posted Sat, March 7, 2009 - 3:46 PM by  dee
Share/Save/Bookmark
I finnnnnnnnnally have money to buy myself a pretty L.E.D. hoop!

I've only ever tried a hoop from Hooping Harmony (a friend has one). I thought it was neat (a little light though...I prefer my hoops heavier (I'm still quite new-ish, but no matter what, I still prefer slightly heavier hoops)
And the lights were really pretty, and the price is not bad.

I found out about PSI Hoops today. Are those any good? They're pretty much the same price as Hooping Harmony's hoops, but I've heard NOTHING but good stuff about them! (And looked up reviews, I have yet to find any bad reviews about them. Which is why I'm torn. I've found some good and bad reviews about HH's hoops, and this is why I'm asking.)

I'd appreciate any info! I just want the best for my money :)

Thank you!
posted by:
dee
offline dee
Rochester
Advertisement
  • P.S.I. hoops are also silent, they don't rattle. They are built very well and sturdy. The weight is even all around because there are four battery sets in your hoop. The switch is embedded so its much harder to accidently turn it off when you're using it, it happens though sometimes but rarely the LEDs are brighter and he has some really awesome types of LEDs to choose from. Elfin which are slow changing and they go through the full spectrum. Rainbowrider blink through r.o.y.g.b.i.v. and leave two toned striped width wise trales. dragon fly which are pretty much white when stationary and strobe like but leave rainbow trales. Patrick (the maker of p.s.i. hoops) got a new dragonfly which can be seen in this video, they are the ones that are not solid bands of light www.youtube.com/watch
    You can also get stationary lights that stay one color and you can get any combination. Multiple sizes of tubing any, any size hoop up to 24 LEDs you can also look into RICA p.s.i.which have 27LEDs and are in this video. www.youtube.com/watch

P.S.I. are more expensive but definitely worth every penny and more. I have gotten my moneys worth and more out of my p.s.i. hoops. They are really beautiful and unique. A lot of my pictures are of me with my p.s.i. hoops.

Sorry for the huge long spiel but there is so much good stuff I can say about these hoops.
    Good luck on your quest for an LED hoop!

Emily

• I've not tried Hooping Harmony hoops so I can't compare, but my PSI hoop is wonderful. I love it to bits. I've thrown it hard into a wall (accident), tossed it high in the air and missed catching it (!), trod on it, tripped over it etc and it's still going strong and beautiful over a year later. I have 11 dragonfly lights and 11 elfin lights in thin tubing. But you can have any weight of hoop. If you give Patrick the weight of your favorite hoop he will endeavor to match it.

These hoops are so well made and so pretty. And silent. And now he's experimenting with new styles of hoop as is mentioned above so the choice is even greater. I've never heard anyone say anything other than praise about these hoops and he's great to deal with.

I can imagine that I'll have other led hoops in different styles as time goes by, simply because I love the colours and you can never have enough hoops. But I don't see that I'll be buying any from anyone else soon, Patrick has my loyalty now, that and the ProdMod do it yourself kit which is great value if you are prepared to make one yourself.
    • you are right on sue! i have had my PSI hoop for almost a year and a half and it is perfect, literally. i make LED hoops, and its so fun playing with different styles of lights and colors. and while i love making them myself, i am getting my second PSI hoop for my birthday. (how lucky a girl am i?!) my friend and hooping partner has a couple superhoopers, adn we just made a set of blacklight hoops, but the PSI hoop gets so much attention and people really gravitate to it.
      best of luck! i hope you get the perfect hoop! :)
      • This post was deleted by Hoopadazzle
  • hooping harmony is the lesser known equal quality competitor to psi hoop. psi hoops are awesome, and so is hooping harmony. i gush to you about my hooping harmony led hoop all the time, but psi hoops are actually more commonly known. both are awesome and well made! i'm glad you decided on hooping harmony tho. there's so many psi hoops in the world. now we can have sister swirls of light :D
  • hooping harmony is the lesser known equal quality competitor to psi hoop. psi hoops are awesome, and so is hooping harmony. i gush to you about my hooping harmony led hoop all the time, but psi hoops are actually more commonly known. both are awesome and well made! i'm glad you decided on hooping harmony tho. there's so many psi hoops in the world. now we can have sister swirls of light :D
    • effing tribe. i was afraid that would happen when i multi clicked yesterday. tribe was down when i first got to work, then down until like 9 pm my time last night. but i managed to log in during this non-functional frustrating time in between where it wouldn't let me do anything. so i kept trying? i wonder if all the priv msgs i sent yesterday went thru like 20 times too. sorry guys!

Recent topics in "LED Hooping"