Advertisement

Beginning

topic posted Sun, September 9, 2012 - 1:44 AM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
I would like to offer my advice based on some logic and a bit of experience. I have been a part of many many blogs, groups, chat rooms, and social media involving the traditions of Yoruba, Lukumi, and Palo. In this Tribe we will focus on Yoruban history and the Lukumi (Santeria). Ancestral worship and spiritual worship are important components of the realm of African Spiritual/Orisha religion. I would like to offer any guidance I can and invite others who have experience and are responsible priests to help those who are not initiated gain insight. In this society of misinformation that is the internet, books written by authors who have a political/cultural agenda, and priests who do not have the capacity to be objective..the number of aleyos (uninitiated people) coming into or inquiring about these systems has grown exponentially. More often than not they fall prey to priests, spiritualists, etc who place at the for front there own personal feelings and lust. I hope others like myself can join and help me.

Onareo
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Re: Beginning

Wed, June 12, 2013 - 12:17 PM
    Hello,
    You seem to be concerned with legitimate help so I would like to ask you. Do you know of any babalawo's in the Atlanta area? I need someone responsible to help me that can be trusted. I appreciate any help that you can give to me.
    • Re: Beginning

Thu, June 13, 2013 - 4:59 AM
      Hello,

I have worked with all of the Babalawos in Atlanta. I would recommend Michel, Ogbe Yono. Send me a message and I'll give you his info.

Recent topics in "Lukumi Tradition/Santeria"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Eggun Shrine VS Boveda: QUESTION! Cassandra 0 April 12, 2014
Hola Henry 1 April 7, 2014
Good questions to ask during Okuele Readings- Trevor 1 November 17, 2013
Boveda Unsubscribed 7 October 19, 2013