tribe/m

white gas

margaret Sun, August 15, 2010 - 1:23 PM by margaret

What chain stores carry it?
Many thanks! margaret

Re: white gas

Jade Sun, August 15, 2010 - 2:51 PM by Jade

REI carries it...a lot of general hardware stores will as well....and depending on where you are, Walmarts and Kmarts can carry it sometimes too.

Dio Sun, August 15, 2010 - 4:15 PM by Dio

while a lot of high-end camping stores (REI) carry it, they often carry more expensive small cans that often carry additives. Of the hardware chains, Ace Hardware is usually the most reliable. Also, since they're usually individually owner, they will usually order it if they don't have it.

I've also had steady luck at Walmart, especially during camping season; you'll probably have to ask someone old-looking in the camping/hunting section; usually the younger people will just say "we don't carry it" straight off, even if they do.

margaret Sun, August 15, 2010 - 5:36 PM by margaret

Thank you!

margaret Sun, August 15, 2010 - 5:37 PM by margaret

Thank you! I've seen the small cans in the local hardware store - I hadn't thought of asking them to order it. It's worth a shot!

Libby Fri, August 20, 2010 - 8:25 AM by Libby

Tag's hardware store (Porter Square) also sells white gas in gallon containers.

Stone Tue, August 24, 2010 - 3:40 PM by Stone

Why hasn't anyone listed Walmart??? Walmart will have it in their camping/outdoors section.

Jade Tue, August 24, 2010 - 8:03 PM by Jade

actually Stone, two of us already did...

Stone Fri, August 27, 2010 - 11:33 AM by Stone

whoops haha ... serves me right for skimmimg... :)

David Mon, August 30, 2010 - 2:31 PM by David

Ooh! Good to know. (And thanks for this thread-- it seems like it keeps getting harder to find every time I look and I was going to ask the same question. Coleman seems to be mostly pushing other fuels now.)

MerKaBa_Jedi Tue, August 31, 2010 - 9:28 PM by MerKaBa...

I second that the ACE hardware chain seems to always have some, no matter where I find them. At my local ACE, the old guys recognize me as "that fire guy" lol. After I told them what the cans and lamp oil were for they never forgot and always joke around with me when I come in and plop like five can of cumbustables on their counter and then load them up into my camping framepack lol....

M_J