Advertisement

My mom needs a spanking!

topic posted Tue, January 23, 2007 - 9:08 AM by  Stacie
Share/Save/Bookmark
My husband and I are in the process of adopting our first child. I'm nervous about it, and was hoping my mother would at least tak an interest and want to be around for this major event in my life.

SO, she announces that she wants to sell her house and move back to Ohio to retire, 2300 miles away. She would move this year.

Have I mentioned that I really hate Ohio ande couldn't wait to get out of there, and swore I would NEVER go back.

So, should I respond by moving out of the country, since my mother has no interest in being a grandparent?

I'm so hurt and angry I can't see straight.
posted by:
Stacie
Nevada
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: My mom needs a spanking!

Tue, January 23, 2007 - 9:30 AM
    Stacey,
    I know how you’re feeling. My mom moved out of state when I was pg with my first child. She didn't move back till my oldest two were on there own. I have a second set of kids (8 years in between) different marriage. When I found out I was pregnant with my husband’s first child, my lovely mother in law let me know that "she as NOT grandmother material" (her words) and that I could "take care of it, that we do have choices these days, because since I had two children already why the hell would I want another one." Don't got me wrong I am pro-choice but at that point I new what I was up against, it has been a huge battle ever since. All four of my kids didn't have close grandparents and the one that wanted to be close well, just couldn't be. It hurts for a while but you know sometimes I look at it and think they where better off. So let her go and retire it is totally her loss.
    • Re: My mom needs a spanking!

Wed, January 24, 2007 - 12:13 PM
      As much as you want your mother involved in your child's life, I kind of see this as a blessing. I would worry that your mother could interfere with your adoption process. Just focus on the new child and Tony and making a supporting love bubble around your child. Learn form your parents mistakes and keep those vibes away from your child untill they have had a chance to grow and can take some real life character. :)
  • Unsu...

Re: My mom needs a spanking!

Sun, February 11, 2007 - 11:06 PM
    You know, by now you shouldn't be surprised by any actions your mother takes. I know that you're angry and hurt but she seems to thrive on hurting you. I would think you'd thank your stars that she's leaving. Honestly, she seems like the type of grandmother who would spend her time reminding your son or daughter that they "really aren't family."

Let her go. Tell her "Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya."

Recent topics in "Mean Moms and Bad Dads"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
replacement families Kyla 0 July 20, 2009
not so easy to be the best dad / mom ... ( here I am a Dad of ... Michel 0 July 17, 2009
Holy CRAP! He did it! Unsubscribed 0 January 4, 2009
Dad Update Unsubscribed 1 January 2, 2009