Advertisement

Slips under kilts/skirts?

topic posted Tue, September 12, 2006 - 7:48 AM by  Ashley
Share/Save/Bookmark
I am wondering if anybody wears a slip under his kilts/skirts.
posted by:
Ashley
Florida
Advertisement
  • I'm sure SOMEBODY does...
    • I don't wear a slip but I do *gasp!* wear good ol' boxerbriefs when the weather is cool or my willy is feeling a tad delicate - that Carhart denim can be a mite rough some mornings. In worriedly confiding this to one of me best mates, himself a good Glaswegian kilt wearer, he just laughed and said despite all the press otherwise most Scots do not in fact go Regimental or Commando, especially in wool kilts, especially in extra cool or extra hot weather. He said if nothing else the pain in the ass (so to speak) of constantly having to launder ass sweat out of your kilt was a good reason to wear whatever you do (or don't) feel comfortable wearing as a barrier between you and it.
      I'll probably get lynched for saying that but especially as a Uitilikilt wearer...what tradition is it we're emulating exactly?
  • As the saying every woman has heard goes, " if you don't wear a slip, don't stand in any doorways". If a skirt is light weight and unlined you need a slip for modesty. Light will shine right through your skirt and everything you do, or do not have under it will be exposed as if you were x-rayed. I find having my slip hang much less humiliating than needing to avoid back lighting like a vampire. In addition a heavier skirt will scratch your tights or worse your legs, without some padding. Wool kilts are the worst for this. So yes, I almost always wear a slip with a skirt or kilt. Besides a slip just feels good.

Peace, Red
    • Unsu...

Gabe wrote, " if you don't wear a slip, don't stand in any doorways". If a skirt is light weight and unlined you need a slip for modesty.

... unless you lack the modesty gene, as I do. None of my kilts are so thin that backlighting would ever be an issue, but I live in hope of a sudden updraft!

I sometimes do wear slightly sheer, silly skirts for costume-type events, or pareos in beach settings, but -- to me personally -- while a man in a skirt or kilt ican be sexy, just adding a slip would make it drag (not that I'm opposed to drag, but I don't THINK that'ds what we're discussing here). Not sure why, but that's my personal gut reaction.
  • Unsu...

Hmmm... a slip under my kilt? Now THAT sounds *kinky*!

I don't 'wear' under'wear', whether I'm in jeans, kilt, or one of those pretty diaphanas hand-sewn skirts from India. I do give up my kilt when I'm working with kids, for fear of wardrobe malfunction. But in my personal life the small chance of that happening is well worth the fun of people thinking about it - especially the mischievous smiles of women who enjoy it. It's not for everyone, and that's part of the advantage, of course. It's sort of a litmus test - the ones who do enjoy it are much more likely to be the ones I would enjoy knowing! And I would never disappoint *them* by wearing something underneath!

Recent topics in "Men in Skirts"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
kilted and commando Ron 0 December 30, 2012
Why do you? Leggy 33 May 28, 2010
Patterns for Utilikilt-esque kilts Adam 4 September 17, 2009
just luv skirts.. ashlee 2 February 19, 2009
The Gulity Party - LIVE @ Eagle Tavern SF $6.00 9/28 Unsubscribed 0 September 28, 2006