Advertisement

The Dragon

topic posted Fri, November 25, 2011 - 8:35 AM by 
Share/Save/Bookmark
"Since the ascending node is the point of intersection between the ecliptic and the plane of the lunar orbit where the Moon is ascending from the South to the North, it is sometimes called the North node. In ancient European texts, it is referred to as the dragon's head (Caput Draconis, or Anabibazon). The symbol of the ascending node is , the astronomical and astrological symbol for the Dragon's head. Similarly the descending node is the point where the Moon is descending from North to South, and is sometimes referred to as South node. It is also known as the dragon's tail (Cauda Draconis, or Catabibazon), and its symbol is the inversion of that of the ascending node: . Note that the so-called North node may in fact lie South of the South node in the course of the nodal cycle."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_node

I like the symbology of the Dragon. For this reason, I think it is important to honor BOTH parts of the Dragon....both head and tail. The Head shows where the Dragon is heading, yet the Tail gives the Dragon its impetus and serves as a foundation to build the new development upon.

I find, as with the study of the Chakras, many people seem to feel that the lower parts are inferior to the higher parts. But I don't feel this way. Both are necessary to Spiritual Health. We shouldn't throw out our past life learning.....but we can use it to help us move toward our spiritual destiny and evolve into our next Spiritual form. Wag that tail! ;-)
posted by:
Advertisement
  • Re: The Dragon

Sun, December 18, 2011 - 12:35 AM
    dear maggie,
    In vedic astrology north node is said to be "Rahu",& South node is "Ketu".
    I got moon with north node in 6th house virgo,& sun, venus, mercury with south node in 12th house pisces...

Recent topics in "Moon's Nodes in Astrology"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Moderator thread offlineK 4 December 14, 2014
karmic aspects in synastry chart offlineMariya 0 October 4, 2014
NORTH NODE 12th HOUSE MONI09 4 August 1, 2014
can anyone help me with gemini north node in the 12th house? Mana 4 June 22, 2014