Advertisement

Chiron conjunct Nodes

topic posted Sun, November 5, 2006 - 10:42 AM by  Captain
Share/Save/Bookmark
Here is something from my book on Chiron conjunct each node:

CHIRON CONJUNCT NORTH NODE
Like Donna Van Toen, I feel that the North Node is a point of growth, a point of untapped potential . . . To get at this potential you have to work darned hard. With Chiron here . . . the individual must work even harder, initially. [I’ll explain, later.] At the South Node, on the other hand, are those talents and abilities that are so much a part of you, that you do not need to develop them further. If you use them for yourself, you get into a rut, and end up feeling that you are going nowhere. If you use them for other people, it is like taking money from an unlimited trust fund---you always have enough more to give.
Now any person has the tendency to rely upon the South Node, rather than to strive in the direction of the North. But the person with Chiron on the North Node has a double difficulty: not only the normal human nature to follow the South---but also, it takes a conscious effort to search for the pathway represented by Chiron---to seek the teacher, the guru, the light. The average person born with Chiron conjunct North Node tends to talk a lot about how s/he wants to achieve the great things represented by the natal house occupied by Chiron---but constantly returns to doing things as s/he has always done them at the South Node. S/he may often seem to be on the verge of taking the big step forward, only to revert to the prior line of least resistance. However, should that person actually take that Step---and many do---there develops a particular talent bordering on genius. S/he becomes very conscious of the needs of others and can become a great teacher in his/her own right. And s/he follows a truly unique path.

CHIRON CONJUNCT SOUTH NODE
As with the North Node conjunction, those who have Chiron conjunct South Node have difficult lessons to learn. Those who do not learn it tend to fall back upon their past. Problems they have today are ascribed to a strange or terrible childhood, and there is a reluctance to try working them out. When they are under stress, they tend to fall back on this excuse, or begin to act in an erratic manner, allowing Chiron’s Maverick nature to come out in its most negative expression. The lesson seems to be that they should move on from the past---not let it rule them. They learned a lot from it---but now, it is time to go forward. Those who do learn begin to share their unique insights with others. They have integrated Chiron and it is so much a part of their nature that they can draw upon it whenever another is in need of being helped. They aim their sights at the North Node and seem to attract people who can be helped by their Chiron.

posted by:
Captain
Australia
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

I did come across someone with chiron conjunct north node recently, and I can't remember who they were...I'll direct them here if I come across them again! Thanks for posting that Zane!
    • ze
      ze
      offline 1
      interesting

i have northnode conjunct chiron in the 1st
      wit opposing it southnode conjunct uranus

sextiling and trining to my sun in leo in the 4th..... squaring to mercury in virgo the 5th

it is a very active aspect i think.....
      i also think i live out more the uranus , so the south node.....

but also the chiron in the 1st is very active...

you know the easiest to explain this aspect.. is i am a weirdo... and totally content with it
      i dont fit in anywhere... though i am invited everywhere..... :)

but my development in live then deponds a lot on how i deal with this 1st house chiron...

carlo
      • Unsu...

It's about actively expressing yourself and beleiving in yourself in your own unique way, taking leadership roles and using the knowledge and inspiration which you get from your partnerships which may be unusual and creative. That's what I make of it so far anyway! :)
  • Unsu...

Wow I didn't even realize you had a book! Must be excellent!
    From Amazon:
    Essence and Application: A View from Chiron (Paperback)
    by Zane B. Stein
    1 used & new available from $100.00
    You don't have any extras laying around that are maybe less than $100 do you? LOL
    • What's funny is that my book has never stopped being for sale, except for a few brief months after Al H Morrison passed away....and it has never sold for more than $30. Somehow, Amazon found a private seller who has a copy of one of the early printings, and that is what they are selling.

My book is available from two places, both under $30. I sell it from my website:
      www.zanestein.com/page6.htm#CHIRON

And you can also buy it from the Astrology Center of America:
      www.astroamerica.com/asteroi...20chiron

The book was written awhile ago.....and eventually, I hope to come out with an updated version, but that is taking longer than I thought to work on.
      • Unsu...

How long did it take you to write it Zane?
        • "How long did it take you to write it Zane?"

About 9 months...but I was obsessed with the subject at the time. I worked on it on my lunch hours at work, and whenever I could at home....I felt compelled to finish it.
          • Unsu...

Wow...well done! Did a publisher publish it or did you publish it yourself?
            I'm quite obsessed with it at the moment too..I think when I have learnt more and feel confident and have more time I'll be writing an astrology book myself.
            • Astrologer Al H Morrison published it for me originally, but when he died I took over and print it myself.
              • Hate to pick up an old thread but I have some weird Chiron and Nodal Synastry in general - any advice would be great...a guy I just met - I think I have known him for ever....

My Chiron (19) is conjunct his N.N (18) by 1 degree in Aries and I think he is a "conjunt' Node - His Sun (12 Aries) and Saturn (14 Aries) are also within conjunction.... and my Pluto sits opposes this in Libra (12 degrees). Then his moon ( 05 Gemini) sits right on my South Node (08 Gemini). We have lots of other interesting aspects but I am trying to really get a handle on the Chiron right now...any thoughts?
                • Oh Saturn is actually out of range of that conjuction at 0 degrees Aries..not 14. Still weird - I absolutely feel he is a healer for me...or will be...and as for the South Node Conjuct - it was like meeting a stranger I had known all my life...I might be concerned that the connection to my past (south Node) might not be that good for growth ...however his Sun is Trine my North Node in Sag and actually his Sun/Moon Mispoint is exactly Square my North Node and his Sun is exactly Square my Vertex at 12 degrees Capricorn...

Crazy stuff.....
  • I am wondering if there is any information of this available as a synastry aspect? I have a new friendship(aprox 6 months old)where my Chiron sits on his North Node Conjunct at zero degrees. I have noticed a trend to our discussions where many of them revolve around him opening up and discussing topics that have long since been burried but where the wounds have yet to heal. Now his Chrion Squares my North Node by zero degrees, so I am just curious if there are any general interpertations for how this might play out.
    • Unsu...

It sounds to me as you are the healer in the relationship, this time around Coors. There's a strong emotional and nurturing bond with the moon conjunct south node.
      • Mermesis (sp sorry), so is it I am the healer (Chiron) or he is (Moon on my South Node)? - I was trying to figure out whether the Chiron person is the healer or the one to be healed.....

I really feel like he is an emotional healer for me - someone who will make me open up - not sure though how my Chiron affects him...any clarification you can give?
        • Unsu...

Looking at it again, I think it is a two way thing. I just thought because your Chiron is conjunct his north node, you would actually be a healing influence for him, and help him fulfill his spiritual path/goals/lessons in this life. And by him doing this, would be healing for you too. I feel it is important to keep your independence and sense of self (aries) for both of you, and this will help you to grow. It may be easy to slip into a co-dependance with the moon in libra conj south node. Hope I'm making sense, I could be totally wrong. Just saying what I intuit.
          • Thanks so much for looking at it for me - I really do appreaciate it :-)

I did look again and his saturn is at 14 degrees Aries so its all mixed in there - NN, Sun and Saturn...and already I can "see" his pain. Interestingly for me - most of my Saturn midpoints (Sun, Venus, Mercury) fall in Aries around 13 degrees (conjunt his Sun and Saturn) and his Chiron is at 0 degrees Aries.

So maybe we can help heal each other within a 20 degree range :-)
            • Unsu...

You're welcome :)
              • Unsu...

As I am moving in academic environment I drop to tribe.net and play the fool. I noticed something very funny today. The same funny guy with bald mustachio he forbade posting to sidereal astrologers. he is the very same person (or is he?) who preached tolerance just a while ago. Toy guns are dangerous since cause false ego to flee. Once at the time of Varuna the Mountain Astrologer closed its forum since they could noit bear with me. A matter of competence but also toy guns. I was even courting the lady for fun but she chose realism, hahaha.

Amazing. No wonder WTC happened unawares with so many experts who do not know the position of their own sun. How could they?They are reading Kepler on Wiki!
                • Klaudio, please get your facts clear before you make a statement in public against someone.

You posted sidereal astrology posts on a tribe that specifically states, in the Astrology Now tribe description:

"(Please note that this tribe is focused on Tropical Astrology. There are other tribes for discussing Sidereal Astrology. Please do not post Sidereal Astrology on this tribe.)"

I told you not to post Sidereal in the Astrology Now tribe because there was the above statement. As a common courtesy, one should no more post Sidereal Astrology in a tribe that requests you not to, then one should leave one's shoes on when entering a house which has a sign at the door, "Please remove shoes before entering the house."

I have never forbid you from posting Sidereal anywhere else. If you read my posts, I have repeatedly stated that I feel that there is value in both Tropical and Sidereal, but that I work better with Tropical.

Whenever I have expressed objections to your posts in any other tribe, it was not to your use of Sidereal Astrology, but rather to your close-minded statements to the effect that only your methods are correct and all others should be abandoned.
  • Zane i like what you wrote , man .I sympathize with anyone who has that conjunction . Many of those people are probably very misunderstood . Others probably grow impateint with their aversion to developement . Some of these people dont even understand it themselves . Life can be so fuckin' unfair , so cruel .
  • Zane how do you think chiron conjunct the south node in composite charts plays out? Do you think the couple has a karmic past and isn't willing to work past it...or that they NEED to work past it?
    • I have a first house pisces Chiron conjunct south node opp Virgo Pluto north node in 7th and Saturn is currently shining on a light on that soul path northwards. Of late I find myself in opposition to others reflecting this inner opposition involving power and the wound, victim and victimiser. The invitation is to go beyond these to the place of no separation but the ego puts up a mean fight.
      On my journey I muse on this sutra from the Vigyan Bhiarav Tantra,
      'Feel the consciousness of each person as your own consciousness. So, leaving aside concern for self, become each being.'
      Blessing of the Sagitarrian full moon to you Zane and all who tread this thread!
  • Uggg seriously what is up with my chiron conjuncts in synastry? Over the last year I have had 3 exp with my chiron conjunct different parts and all went down in flames..the last one more painful then the previous...

Guy 1 - My chiron conjunct their NN, Sun and Saturn (he was 39)
    Guy 2- My Chiron conjunct his Sun and SN (31)
    Guy 3 - My Chiron conjunct his SN (31)

The last 2 were the same age so I am sure that explains it but ACK!! I am tired of learning lessons...
    • I'm happy that this topic came up ~ I have Chiron conjunct my N.Node (10th house Aquarius) in this quickly approaching solar return chart ~ thanx for the push!

love all-ways,
      mem
  • well, chiron aspects my mercury. which is ruler of my sun so i figured this to be of a chiron/node question.. what do i do with it? i just dont understand what the chiron thing is all about......

api.ning.com/files/L7V6f...talChart.bmp
    • Unsu...

SteamyWeenie, your chiron is trine/sextile your nodal axis. Nodes have nothing to do with the ruler of your sun. In simple words, chiron is not conjunct any of your nodes, but it is forming a trine / sextile with your nodes. This means that you may have a general feeling of "not fitting in" - but you can handle that and you may even have learned to use it as a talent. BTW, chiron is where you don't fit in with the mass. If chiron is making loads of aspects (not your case), you get someone who's generally not accepted by "normal" people. This may hurt.
      • thanks for the reply!

i guess i was short spoken and not clear enough. with my sun in virgo, the ruler of that house and my sun is mercury. which is in my sixth house of libra squaring chiron in cancer.. and since my sun (which is ruled by mercury) is almost exactly conjunct my south node, i thought this would be some sort of, uh.. relation to the topic.

just out of curiosity, because i like getting different points of views into consideration with mine, what stands out as third house matters to you? third or second house. im not sure.
        • Unsu...

My first thought of the 3rd house is *siblings*.
          I never saw it until now, but I have one younger brother and he always used to attack me. My own third house - I use Koch BTW - contains mars in pisces conjunct my south node in pisces.So I guess that's one of the meanings of my own 3rd house mars: an agressive younger brother. BTW, I never fought back but just disappeared, which is typically pisces behaviour.

My second thought of he 3rd house is *moving around*. Well, of course I associate the 3rd with gemini and I always think of gemini as *bus drivers*. Bus drivers move around a lot and often have passengers standing behind them who are in great need of a chat about the weather.

The 3rd is also the house of traders. Gemini's are known to be able to sell anything to anyone. Personally I have been working in shops for many years and enjoying that. I enjoy the *moving around* of people (and my own body) as opposed to sitting for hours in a row in an office behind a computer and always dealing with the same handful of co-workers. The 3rd has a great need for variation and alternation as well. It would bring out the most annoyed part of my mars if they would force me to have a job without any variation of any sort.

And of course the 3rd is a house of communication. Need i elaborate on that? I don't think so.

Further, the 3rd is dealing with your neighbourhood. Currently I have uranus transiting my 3rd and my neighbourhood is altering drastically. They disowned 80 families of their houses and destroyed those houses because the community has planned a new park there. Transiting neptune is there too so I experience the communication of the community as rather dishonest and often straight misleading.

Well, that's my 2 cents for this early sunday morning.
  • Sha
    Sha
    offline 0
    Hm, i have a natal Chiron/NN conjunction in 8ht House, NN i Taurus and Ch in Gemini,
    meanwhile Saturn sat on SN and it's opposig the NN only.

Would somebody please, give it a try ?

Love,
    S
    • Unsu...

Hi Sha,=-)

I found this for you.
      I'm not very good at interpreting the nodes and chiron.
      I hope it helps.

astrologynotes.org/wiki/Chi...orth_Node

People with this aspect may have a calling or destiny to teach, heal or enlighten others. The subject of healing, teaching, or enlightening may have something to do with letting go of pain and transmuting or transcending it.

www.cafeastrology.com/article...ses.html

Chiron in the Eighth House
      !Chiron is associated with the emotional wounds we receive early on in our lives. The sign Chiron is in will dominate but the house placing will show in which area the personality is motivated and into which they will put their efforts. In the eighth house, it may indicate losses through the death of loved ones but also gains through births. Personal desires will be very important to you, to the point of 'anything goes'. You will have psychic abilities that, when trained, will be a great force for good. You could be a mystic with great insight.

www.skyviewzone.com/astrolog....htm#nn8h

North Node in the 8th House

The universe is encouraging you to play up your North node sign traits in these areas of life.
      Consider the following: bond with another person and experience real intimacy. You may even meet a kindred soul that feels like a "soul-mate."
      Become open to accepting the resources, or even the moral support that others give you. Learn to deal with issues concerning inheritance, or your partner's finances.
      Major lifestyle transitions can happen. You'll discover that drastic changes beyond your control often bring rejuvenation to outworn situations and therefore, a new lease on life.
      Pay attention to your dreams; they often contain psychic insights that can be pertinent to waking life scenarios. Keep a dream journal by your bedside to record impressions upon waking.