Advertisement

Pluto transiting Chiron

topic posted Fri, October 3, 2008 - 7:35 PM by  Captain
Share/Save/Bookmark
I'd like to hear from others who are in the midst of their Chiron being hit by Pluto.
My Chiron is 0 Cap 01, which means I've got further Pluto adventures to come. It's in my 10th, so my career has been changing so intensely that I constantly stop and wonder, is this really happening? Does the world really see me this way? I've been coming to terms with a wound that went deep, early childhood, where I had to find THE career which I was most suited for, and so feeling that everything else along the way until I found 'it', I would be a failure.....and Pluto has been making me see that I am most suited for whatever I really WANT to be doing...which has been one hell of a freeing rebirth.

Anyone else care to speak up?

Pluto is 28 Sag 40 as I write this. If you don't know your natal Chiron, here are the dates for late Sag into early Capricorn...once a month positions:

Dec 1 1950 ….. 22°Sg38'
Jan 1 1951 ….. 26°Sg07'
Feb 1 1951 ….. 29°Sg17'
Mar 1 1951 ….. 01°Cp28'
Apr 1 1951 ….. 02°Cp42'
May 1 1951 ….. 02°Cp32' R
Jun 1 1951 ….. 01°Cp07'
Jul 1 1951 ….. 29°Sg11'
Aug 1 1951 ….. 27°Sg28'
Sep 1 1951 ….. 26°Sg48' D
Oct 1 1951 ….. 27°Sg27'
Nov 1 1951 ….. 29°Sg22'
Dec 1 1951 ….. 02°Cp05'
Jan 1 1952 ….. 05°Cp18'

posted by:
Captain
Australia
Advertisement
  • Re: Pluto transiting Chiron

Sat, October 4, 2008 - 7:59 AM
    Hi Zane,

I will be having transiting pluto (8th) squaring my north node and chiron (11th) very soon. My north node and chiron are both zero degrees of aries.

Any ideas on this one? (Pluto will also be squaring my venus, jupiter and moon all in the early degrees of libra in the 5th.) I'm in for pluto 101 very soon...

I'm sorry I say much to your question. It's so difficult to find information on these aspects.

Fri, October 24, 2008 - 3:30 PM
      Zane lets dig a little deeper..if you got Chiron in Cap and early cap.....then you also got Uranus in Cancer in opposition...try that one...I got Chiron in Cap....Saturn in the 8th house Chiron in the 11th house....my best friend of 40 yrs just died last wk...8th house...chiron 11-- friends...try that one....

Sun, October 26, 2008 - 11:43 AM
        Well, Brian,

My Chiron is 0 Cap 01
        My Uranus is 8 Cancer 50

A bit of wide stretch, if you ask me. When something transits conjunct my Chiron, it has a long way to go before it impacts my Uranus, don't you think?

Let's just take slow-moving Neptune transits, for example. Neptune was conjunct my Chiron on Jan 19, Jun 22 & Nov 22 1984, but didn't exactly oppose my Uranus until Jan 29, Jun 29 and Dec 2, 1988. Since this is not a tribe on Neptune, I won't go into details, but i can tell you that there were definite changes going on in my life during both periods, Neptunian in nature, and the events in 1984 bore no resemblance to the events in 1988.

Now, Pluto is dancing over my Chiron....the third time will be Nov. 27 this year. When will it oppose my Uranus? The first of three will be Feb 16, 2012.

I think I can safely say that events marked by a transit to my Chiron are not caused an opposition to Uranus.

Fri, October 24, 2008 - 9:40 PM
    There can be no better expression than rubbing salt into the wound to describe Pluto transits over Chiron, the perpetually wounded healer. But remember, however, that salt is very cleansing and antiseptic, even as it stings. My being an empath, Zane, makes me feel your wounds even more acutely but I am very sure that this, if positively directed can be a very cathartic experience.

Pluto is the planet of transformation; it brings your deepest darkest fears from the bowels of your human existence to the light and in your face for no other reason that you would find your own salvation in this case in matters of career or your highest contribution to the world at large. Pluto rules bondage to your insecurities. Your job is to find the key or sometimes the huge garden pliers to cut you from these bonds. Salvation from bondage is sweetest when you have worked your arse through them.

Chiron on the other hand is a prime example of how one can channel the transformational energy from his own pain for positive benefit for all; in the centaur's case teaching, the arts and music and astrology. Perhaps you would need to communicate your journey to others; whether in the form of blogs or writing a book or lecturing to an audience, you would be better able to make use of this self knowledge via its dissemination. Since it is in the 10th house of career, perhaps you want to help others find THEIR own insecurities finding the right career using for example psycho-analysis tools which is a very Plutonian construct.

Also I believe in the law of attraction, if you focus on sharing your knowledge with others and empathising with those who are not as clued in about the transit as you, you will focus less on your own wounds and more on what you are doing for the public good; again another representation of 10th house themes. You will find the lessons to learn, consistently mirrored to you via others; you will perhaps be more sensitive to others who are like you and feel their issues in this area as much as you feel yours. While empathy is not a negative trait in this transit; you should focus on using the pain for something constructive.

And since Pluto is a slow planet and it will be steamrolling over your Chiron, I think it will be a gradual process; whatever work of genius that you intend to embark on there will be enough time for this work to come to fruition.

Blessed be!

Sun, October 26, 2008 - 11:45 AM
      Nice post, Lady Saber.

I would love to know if you have memories of a Pluto aspect to your own Chiron you'd care to share?

Mon, October 27, 2008 - 1:51 AM
        Heya Zane, nope as far as I can recall, my Chiron is right smack in the middle of Taurus. Natally it trines Saturn and moon in Virgo and Capricorn. Pluto is on the cusp of Capricorn but I don't see it coming near to the degree where it would trine my Chiron in Taurus for the next 10 years or so.

Tue, October 28, 2008 - 4:37 PM
    This was a weird one for me. I was born with a natal Pluto-Chiron opposition, but it was a wide opposition, with Pluto at 14 Virgo in the fourth house and retro Chiron at 22 Pisces in the 10th house. The birth of the first of my two younger brothers was very traumatic for me because my parents never told me a baby was coming. One day, he was suddenly there. It was extremely traumatic for me, at almost four years old. I did the typical regressing and wanting to be a baby again. The memories are extremely vague, but it was the first time I felt intense negative feelings like rage. I always describe the experience as my equivalent of Adam and Eve being kicked out of paradise. We all came down with colds when my brother was two weeks old and had to wear masks. He got the cold anyway and had to go on antibiotics, and it was literally touch and go for about 24 hours. I wonder whether a part of me wanted him gone and then felt guilt over him getting sick--though as I said, I have no clear memories of feeling this; it's all vague. When I got this brother's chart done, his natal Pluto was at 22 Virgo, putting it in exact opposition to my natal Chiron at that time. I don't know if it could be called a transit if the same apect exists in my chart natally. However, my deepest wounds to this day, though they have nothing to do with my brother, are all 10th house issues of desperately needing and wanting public recognition and status (I'm a writer and an actress).

Mon, December 15, 2008 - 3:16 PM
    My Chiron is at 2 Aries and I'll be feeling the sting of Pluto sqauring it soon. Chiron is in the 8th house which adds more plutonian energy to the mixture.
  • Unsu...

Re: Pluto transiting Chiron

Mon, December 15, 2008 - 4:09 PM
    my natal Chiron is in 1 degree Cancer, in the 10th house...so it opposes the current Pluto. I am not sure, but it might just open up the old wounds for discussion.

I can see how Chiron in Cancer, in the 10th expresses my fear of failure related to my mother's lack of encouragement at the time I needed it most from her. But that's changing now, slowly. I guess I feel a bit more accepted as an individual, and less frightened of disappointing her...cause she can't get any more disappointed! LOL. Just kidding...not sure exactly why she's changed...maybe it's the fact that she's aging and feels she should learn to appreciate the things she has more, and take the people around her the way they are...it accentuated even more after losing her father, this October. She turned 56 this September, but I guess she feels pretty exhausted for her age...lost a child at the age of 3, has gone through a lot of family problems with her parents and brother, and all that.
    I've always felt very tied to her, and dunno why. We're not exactly like-minded, but of all the members of my family, she is the one who complements me best(astrologically speaking, at least) Her Sun in Libra and Moon in Aquarius trine my Moon-Mars-Jupiter conjunct in 0 degree Gemini. And the same planets conjoin her DC.

Apparently, her Chiron is in 6 degrees Capricorn, so maybe she's feeling some Pluto transit action, too. Interestingly enough, her Chiron falls in my 4th house, while my Chiron falls in her 7th...that would explain a lot.
    Her wounds affected my childhood, while my wounds affected her marriage to my father.

All in all, Pluto in opposition to natal Chiron shows wounds that need to be healed by open discussion and interaction to the outside world, unlike a square, which would indicate inner conflicts which need to be solved by the individual alone.

Tue, December 16, 2008 - 6:18 AM
      sorry if i stray a little...

but, I seem to have a "Grand" trine between T. Pluto on my AC (but still in the 12th), Saturn in my 8th and Chiron in my 4th... it hurts in a heavy, heavy way... all the "reasons" for subverting the family law are being stirred... i have become seriously committed to observing my self and my relationship sexuality, but the emotional turmoil is physically draining (add to that T. Lilith {the one astro.com puts in your chart} is conjunct my Capricorn AC also)... feelings of emotional isolation, sexual inadequacy, familial perversion; all being released from their repression and flooding my interface with life as i seemingly lose it...

any help?

Wed, December 17, 2008 - 3:45 AM
        I tend to think of trines to have a more harmonious impact even with contacts with 'difficult' planets in the heavy houses. I think you would have to find for yourself a practical catharsis; or commit yourself to something that would help you regurgitate all the emotions from the underbelly so that you are able to move on.

Also I would like to act that emotional turmoil sometimes accumulates but just for its own sake and it does not give you a solution or any end. Perhaps one of the reasons why it has been so difficult for you is that you meditate or give it too much power for it's own good and not managing or transmuting it in any way; that's why it remains trap in the form of accumulated but unreleased emotion.

Pluto is about going deep and uncovering your shackles; your issues, insecurities, past etc, but it is also up to you to undo them in anyway you can.

Look out for what might give you freedom from this vicious cycle; that said, I think you should see where Uranus is placed in your chart to see how you could transform this trapped energy.

Wed, December 17, 2008 - 11:31 AM
          i have Uranus (conjunct Pallas) in Scorpio 10th house, square Mars & quincunx Eris...

<<"I think you should see where Uranus is placed in your chart to see how you could transform this trapped energy.">>

any suggestions... i am actually volunteering for a severance lay off program which will catalyze me into self employment...
  • This post was deleted by Tribe.net Help
  • Unsu...

Re: Pluto transiting Chiron

Wed, July 28, 2010 - 8:52 PM
    Very interesting transit. I had this (transiting Pluto opp Chiron) when I was 8yrs, and that was around the time my brother started hitting me....It was a really hard time- many days I almost thought he was going to actually kill me, and I don't think I have ever had an experience that has been comparable to this in intensity or helplessness. The things I went through from the time I was 8-10 changed me profoundly. I think this was the first time when I started thinking about engaging in humanitarian efforts when I grow up so that nobody has to go through what I went through. This period also deepened my thinking in that I stopped taking things at face value, and started to feel wiser than a lot of relative who were a lot older than me.

Recent topics in "Pluto Transits"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Pluto square venus transit??? please i have some questions on ... anna 2 January 25, 2014
Pluto Transit conjunct Part of Fortune Unsubscribed 11 January 2, 2014
What makes someone "Plutonian?" Laurel 91 September 3, 2013
Pluto Transits! Lucypur 0 August 30, 2013