Advertisement

yogini sadhana

topic posted Fri, November 16, 2012 - 9:09 PM by  Amitabha
Share/Save/Bookmark
Yogini tantra sadhana is very difficult but effective. Individual yoginis are pleased by this effort. Like Madhumati, etc. Only one yogini is focused on, during this retreat. These yoginis are real entities, supremely powerful, who help the sadhaka get fulfillment in practical as well spiritual life. They are much higher on the rung, compared to Apsara or, Yakshini. A Yogini is really like a hand-maiden, or, attendant of the supreme Mother Goddess. Mostly Kaulas worship Yoginis, and many other tantrics also do it. Brahmacharis or, ordained Monks are forbidden in this sadhana; ie, they are unfit candidates. But a sadhaka must remain celibate, Alone and exercise restraint during the sadhana, else, he is bound to fail. And here failure is dangerous. Usually this sadhana is done in a forest or, hill, or, lonely river-bank. 3 to 6 months are required.

Another: All 64 are ritually worshiped via yantra and the ashes from the havan are kept in a metal pitcher. This pitcher is then carried to a suitable location and put on the ground only once. It is buried where it touches the earth. And then a shrine is built over that spot. 64 yoginis bless that place and help the sadhaka who worships the shrine.

Kaulas are not that difficult to find, but a true kaula is rarely met. Tantric initiation is in the following order:-
Shaktabhisek, Purnabhisek, Kram-diksha, Samrajya-Diksha, Maha-Samrajya-Diksha, Biraja.

Take initiation from someone, who has got at least Kram-diksha; for in Kaliyuga, shakti-mantra-siddhi cannot be attained without Kram-diksha.
posted by:
Amitabha
Advertisement
  • Re: yogini sadhana

Fri, November 16, 2012 - 11:04 PM
    Wow this is wonderful. Do you know any good tantric, a kaula tantric maybe? Do you know sri sri 1008 kapalik mahakaal bhairavananad and do you think he did yogini sadhana?
    • KAULA TANTRA LINEAGE HOLDERS : yogini sadhana

Mon, November 19, 2012 - 2:48 AM
      "X" wrote:
      > One question also. xxxxxxxx...Do you think this is someone that
      > really is kaula master? ...xxxxxxx... i would really
      > like to meet a real kaula tantric that would
      > teach me. ... would like to go where those kaula gurus
      can be met and ready to initiate me and teach me.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer:-

Look for simple people. The earliest Kaulas were hardcore Tantrik Yogis. Gradually, Kaulas became mostly Householders, at least people who had consorts (Not Monks). Their lineage-holders still exist among modern Indian householders. Maha-sadhaka masters are hard to find. If you are ready to visit India for Tantra sadhana, I will give you a few tips.
      You might find something of interest here:

1) Vishuddhananda Paramhamsa (His lineage is still alive)
      I visited his Navamundi Asana (seat of nine skulls) in Vishuddhananda-kanan, Varanasi.
      2) Kalyan Baba, Kalyan-Ashram, Amarkantak, Chattisgarh. (Tantrik master, alive)
      3) Swami Jyotirmayananda Saraswati, website: absmath.org/en/absm/Mohanta.htm
      is also a lineage holder from Bama-Khepa of Tarapith-->Nigamananda-->...seat holder. But I don't know, if he gives Tantrik diksha. Better Ask around.
      4) Durgaprasanna Paramhamsa, Sri Guru Ashram, Garia, Kolkata (Siddha, dead, lineage alive)
      Search the internet for them.

Avoid self proclaimed fashionable masters, they really have no lineage, hence, no power handed down from the original mahasiddhas. Gorakhpanthis/ Naths are also siddhas, provided you happen to meet a real practicing yogi. Kaula Tantriks mostly live in Bengal, Birbhum-Tarapith & Assam-Kamaksha, Girnar<Gujarat>.
      ===================================================

Wed, November 21, 2012 - 9:53 AM
    Its very nice to know about Yogini sadhana which I was very eager about. But I have a concern here. They normally say that Yogini sadhanas like Kameshwari or AnuragiNi yoginis for example, if grant siddhi then one should desert his own wife. Or they cannot get in touch with other women. How far is it true? Many people are under the same notion. I request you to throw some light on this aspect of Yoginis.

Namaste,
    Vinay

Thu, November 22, 2012 - 1:27 AM
      its true, and yet there is a way out.
      These Bhairavis, Yoginis, Nayikas, etc. appear to grant the boon and ask the sadhak to form a relation with them. If the sadhak addresses her as mother or, sister, then it's okay to continue his life with another woman (wife). But if the sadhak wants to lead an amorous life with the Yogini, he must shun sensual relationship with all other women. The yoginis/ nayikas... cannot stand competition. If their trust is betrayed, they destroy the sadhaks and they die mysteriously. They are beings with virtually limitless power, they dont abide by our social codes of conduct. They are divine entities and not to be taken lightly. If pleased, they help the sadhak with everything, from mundane happiness to spiritual knowledge and bliss.

Thu, November 22, 2012 - 9:35 AM
        Namaste Amit ji,

Thanks for a wonderful explanation. I have a concern here. How far will a Yogini be of help with respect to progress in the Spiritual path of a sadhaka. Will She be able to impart the divine knowledge and help him proceed?
        For example there is one Sadhaka who wants to revive the famously known Yogini Kaula tradition of Matsyendranatha which is almost extinct today. We do not find even the lineage of Yogini Kaula Marga which is very powerful as we have read. I think Abhinava Gupta was the last one to experience and inculcate this tradition through His works. This sadhaka desperately wants to revive that lost tradition. Can he take the help of Yogini and proceed in this regard? Are there any specific Yoginis who are generous enough to imbibe this knowledge to the sadhaka and help him succeed.
        I am sure that Yoginis are well versed in this Yogini Kaula marga. What can be done to gain their grace and get this knowledge, practice and bring this tradition again into existence?
        Kindly throw some light on the Yoginis who can help sadhaka in this concern.

Namaste,
        Vinay

Sat, November 24, 2012 - 4:50 AM
          "I am sure that Yoginis are well versed in this Yogini Kaula marga."

:D Yoginis can bestow Sarvajnatta (Power to know anything!), so they are all-knowing themselves.As far as I know, Madhumati Yogini is the one of the most powerful & secretive. Kaula-Yogini Tantra to flourish in this era? Lofty ideal. I think it is still alive among the Kaulas, somewhere! Nowadays people are so busy with their fast pace + mechanical lives... They would probably be dysphoric, trying to revive Yogini tantra. Furthermore, Yogini Tantra at the time of the earliest Kaulas, Naths and Vajrayani tantriks, was an altogether different concept... compared to the simple isolated sadhana of one of the 64 Yoginis. This and That don't compare.

Sun, November 25, 2012 - 10:14 AM
            So you're saying that it's almost imposible to find a yogini kaula guru and that they will probably wont help if found?

Sun, November 25, 2012 - 12:26 PM
              There's a communication gap. I'm saying that, the simple isolated sadhana of one of the 64 Yoginis, is possible in modern times. But the Yogini Tantra or, Bhairava tantra of the Tantric mahasiddhas, from 1100 years ago is not for today. That kind of power and it's application would very be rarely found now. Bamakhepa of Tarapith or, Yogi Gambhirnath of Gorakhpur, or, Yogi Vishuddhananda of Kashi were of that 'league'. Those ancient holders of yogic power and knowledge are ... hidden from the world now.

Sat, December 15, 2012 - 8:12 AM
                hi ... I'm a COMPLETE nubee and I'm not even going to pretend that my little bit of tantra knowledge (very general concepts only) is more than a pop magazine article depth, this response posed a question in my mind: why would it not be for today or be rarely found? seems to me, that the eternal cosmos and balance of our reality wouldn't negate any kind of power and that as we have progressed and evolved so too has this power and energy -- which I would naturally think would have expanded it, rather than diminish it. Was this something that was practiced and effective only for a time in our evolution, went out of vogue or just no longer needed or ??? thank you ... NOW i have a lot of things to look up so I even understand so many nu terms! l<3 & good vibrations.
        • K
          K
          online 225

Re: Matsyendranatha

Thu, February 28, 2013 - 4:30 PM

Matsyendranatha was both Hindu and Buddhist.
          A major bridge person.
          Almost no one knows this today, not the Buddhists and not the Hindus.

Same with Ganapati. Very significant in both the Hindu and tantric Buddhist traditions.

KT
          • Yogini Sadhana

Sat, March 16, 2013 - 11:33 AM
            @niki

Why doesn't it fit in today's world?

Thats because we have evolved into an Age of science and logic. So much progress have taken place in the last 200 years! The whole world has come nearer, and it has changed much due to the jolt of western contact. The Ancient world when Yogi Guru Matsyendranath walked this earth and propagated Yogini Sadhana was mch different from today. At that time people used to put their faith in magical phenomena, miracles, occult powers, siddhis, ...the bundle; now we believe only what we can see through our eyes, or, put to test by a scientific machine; we are quite skeptical about magical powers and tend to believe in human efficiency rather than divine intervension.

Yogini sadhana gave the yogi astounding super-powers. The Yogini acted as a companion for the Yogi interested in the subtle world of power(The Universe seen as a flow of power), and quite bored with the society and little games of politics that goes on in here. The yogini also used to help the yogi in his shakti-sadhana and further spiritual progress, in case the yogi discarded the material gains presented before him.

I will be happy if my answer helps anyone in anyway.

@K: Matsyendranath, Gorakhnath, Jalandharnath, Kanifnath appeared during the formative period in both the Hindu Bhairava/Yogini Nath cult and Buddhist Vajrayani Yogi cult. Their activity covered India, Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet, Parts of China, Burma, Aghanistan, Belochistan.

"Matsyendranatha was both Hindu and Buddhist. A major bridge person."---In a nutshell.

Thu, February 21, 2013 - 1:04 AM
        so, how do you know. this is ur existence?
        • K
          K
          online 225

Re yogini sadhana : here are 3 key texts

Sat, April 13, 2013 - 2:41 PM

Re Amitabha:
          "These yoginis are real entities, supremely powerful."

Three of the main yogins being practiced in the West are Tara, Vajrayogini, and Yeshe Togyel / Queen of Great Bliss.

See

(1)

Sky Dancer: The Secret Life And Songs Of Lady Yeshe Tsogyel [Paperback]
          Keith Dowman (Author)

www.amazon.com/Sky-Dancer...1559390654/

Yeshe Tsogyel, consort of Guru Padmasambhava, is the most famous of the enlightened women of Tibet. Women have a special place in tantra, but except for Sky Dancer there are few writings that present the spiritual practices and evolution of female aspirants. Here women are in an eminent position, and a path of practice is given for present-day initiates to emulate. Keith Dowman has added a commentary on the path of inner tantra, woman and the dakini, and the Nyingma lineages.

and

(2)

Vajrayogini: Her Visualization, Rituals, and Forms (Studies in Indian and Tibetan Buddhism) [Paperback]
          Elizabeth English (Author)

www.amazon.com/Vajrayogin...086171329X/

Vajrayogini is a tantric goddess who manifests the ultimate development of wisdom and compassion. Her practice is prevalent today among practitioners of Tibetan Buddhism. This ground-breaking book delves into the origins of Vajrayogini, charting her evolution in India and examining her roots in the Cakrasamvara tantra and in Indian tradition relating to Shiva. The focus of this work is the Guhyasamayasadhanamala, a collection of forty-six sadhanas, or practice texts. (One of the sadhanas, the Vajravarahi Sadhana by Umapatideva, depicts Vajrayogini at the center of a mandala of thirty-seven different goddesses, and is here presented in full translation alongside a Sanskrit edition.) Elizabeth English provides extensive explanation and annotation of this representative text. Sixteen pages of stunning color plates not only enhance the study but bring the goddess to life.

and
          (3)

In Praise of Tara: Songs to the Saviouress

"The most dearly loved of all the Buddhist deities is the blissful goddess Tara. She acts with lightning speed to aid those in distress and to fulfill their wishes. In Praise of Tara is a complete guide to understanding this Buddhist goddess, including a history of the Tara Tantra, canonical and practice texts, and lyrical praises."

www.amazon.com/Praise-Tar...0861711092/

Paperback: 496 pages
          Publisher: Wisdom Publications (May 25, 1996)
          Language: English
          ISBN-10: 0861711092

You have been helped.

Most of the Dakini and Goddess teachings and practices on Tribe.Net have been provided by me.

KT

• Re: Re yogini sadhana : here are 3 key texts

Thu, April 25, 2013 - 10:09 AM
            Hello,

Has anyone here accomplished a Tantrik Sadhana? I am located in New York City, USA and have questions
            concerning the instructions. Also I am looking for a reputable contact to purchase items for the Sadhana.
            If anyone knows a reputable Guru in New York that would be helpful. If this is not the appropriate tribe
            please accept my apology.
            • K
              K
              online 225

New York City, tantric sadhana, reputable gurus

Tue, September 24, 2013 - 5:12 PM

Re Stila:
              "Has anyone here accomplished a Tantrik Sadhana? I am located in New York City, USA and have questions concerning the instructions. ..If anyone knows a reputable Guru in New York that would be helpful."

(1)
              From

tribes.tribe.net/bigapple/...900d2835cf

On Sunday, October 20, His Holiness [ the Dalai Lama ] will bestow an initiation into The Buddha Establishing the Three Pledges. Beacon Theatre doors will open early so ticket-holders may observe preparation prayers and following this special event, His Holiness will give a public talk on The Virtue of Nonviolence. Tickets to the public talk will go on sale Friday, September 27 and can be purchased through Ticketmaster.
              All events will take place at one of New York’s greatest landmark theaters, The Beacon Theatre.

(2)
              Inserted into the above post to several New York tribes:

“Buddhist Teaching, Tantra, and Mahayana ( e.g. in New York State ) : Key Resources and References”

Keywords : Buddhist yoga, Buddhist tantra, Esoteric Buddhism, Vajrayana, New York State, Nyingma lineage, Sakya lineage, Kagyu lineage, Mahayana teaching, HE Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche, pagan witchcraft, mysticism, wizardry and yoga.

Re question on tribe Practical Tantra:
              "If anyone knows a reputable Guru in New York that would be helpful."

tribes.tribe.net/bigapple/...61773d3767

Sarva mangalam!
              Siddhi rastu!
              KT