Advertisement

Blue Honey

topic posted Sun, March 5, 2006 - 1:26 PM by  erin
Share/Save/Bookmark
does anyone have thoughts on making mushroom honey? how do YOU do it? would you recommend it? if not, what preservation methods would you recommend instead? what are some common mistakes people make while preparing mushroom honey? does anyone know the history of mushrooms & honey? does the honey really turn blue? can it spoil or does it last indefinately (like the honey is egyptian tombs)? how would one store a jar of blue honey (in the fridge? in the dark? etc)? any ideas on how to get an accurate dose with preparing or eating the honey? what is the best ratio of mushroom to honey?

OK feel free to expand with more thoughts/ answers to questions not asked... this is intended to be informative open discussion on the history and pros & cons of using honey to preserve psylocybin mushrooms.

thank you for all of your time and thoughts!
~erin
posted by:
erin
California
Advertisement
  • Re: Blue Honey

Sun, March 5, 2006 - 2:32 PM
    Blue Honey
    Years ago i have expermented with making blue honey. i cant recall the exact amount of honey used but i bought the honey poured out enough of the honey to leave enough room for 1 oz. of dried mushrooms. then i would say it took a few months at room temp. for the honey to turn a dark blue.it worked i would take three table spoons of the honey with mild effects. but i found that to get the effects that i was looking for it would take 10 table spoons at least which was just to much sugar for me. but i dont have a problem just eating the mushrooms dried alone. yet most of my friends seem to prefer the mushroom honey to eating the mushrooms. so you will have to try it for your self.

i am not quite sure on the history of mushrooms and honey but i think that in regions were the mushrooms had been used for thousnads of years they used honey to perserve the mushrooms in rainys seasons. i have heard that i if the honey spoils it truns to alcohol like mead. iam not sure how long that would take but i think a real long time. i was truely amazed a just the fact that the honey would pull the tryptamine out of the mushrooms.I wounder how this works and if it would work for pulling tryptamines from other sources

Wed, March 8, 2006 - 10:39 PM
    there is a interesting site www.bluehoney.org with a lot of information pertaining to the history of mushroom ingestion, including mushroom honey, as well as a host of other topics... check out the bit on manna and mushrooms. from my experience honey is a great way to preserve and ingest, but at the loss of accurate dosage and potency(?)... could have just been loss of potency from uv light though (keep it in the dark!).
    Peace

Thu, March 9, 2006 - 12:14 PM
    It;s best to use Acacia honey (fluid) and put the shrooms in fresh,it will turn blue.
    Fx

Sun, March 26, 2006 - 4:19 PM
      grind, crush at all? (help transfer)

TIA

dalen

Sat, April 15, 2006 - 11:38 AM
        use a coffee grinder to grind them up.
        the time that i ate some, i only ate a very small amount....maybe one teaspoon at most. it was a pretty intense trip. the guy told me he made it 10 years prior, and somehow (i dont understand why this would be true) it gets stronger the longer it sits.

Recent topics in "Psilocybin Mushrooms"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Short Short Story by David Sky - "Right" D 1 December 9, 2014
Shrooms in Sydney, Australia? Sean 0 December 9, 2014
Shrooms or stimulants Lexi 0 August 29, 2014
which mushroom kit is best and where to get it? dave 4 August 22, 2014