Advertisement

ideal dosage ?!

topic posted Mon, July 26, 2010 - 3:16 AM by  SynerGy
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hello ...

curious what you folks consider to be an optimal and proper dosage amount in grams for psil. shrooms for a classic 'trip' experience ?

Please advise .

In my past experience, it's been at least 3.5 gr. but now that i'm older and hopefully somewhat wiser, i'm curious about what others think .

thanks .
posted by:
SynerGy
Advertisement
  • D
    D
    offline 136
    it does vary radically since we are talking about a natural substance but this is why Terence Mckenna came up with the so called "herioc dose" of five grams dried.

like much of what the little bard said rings true, in this I myself have found it to be very true

in fact, my head is particularly hard to crack open so on the fairly rare occasion when I would take them, I usually go for more like six grams

Basically, if you want to buzz a little with friends, take the smaller dosage. I call it a social dose. No judgement, whatever. But if you want to see god - literally! - then at least five grams dried - "the herioc dose"

also, I have found that smaller dosages tend to cause me more trouble than larger with my "scariest" trips coming on like 3.5 grams when it seems that it is not enough to kill my ego so the whole trip becomes a battle between my ego literally fighting for its life and the high

5 grams tends to make quick work of my ego and yes it is scary as hell for me but unlike with the smaller dose during which I might experience hours of struggle, my ego is crushed fairly quickly and then the trip seems to able to open up for real and holy moly WAY different experience than with a smaller dosage
    • Unsu...

LOL... Well depends on the species actually... 5g of Pelliculosa is not much at all... 5g of Azurescens is way more than Heroic... That would be, um, "Mind Blowingly Intense" LOL 5g of Cubensis vary so much it is hard to say... They vary from .6% dry weight to 1.6% dry weight naturally, and with tryptamines added to the substrate, could easily be 3.6%... SOOOOO best bet is to ask how potent they are, then start small, wait at least 3 days and try again if you need more. Having an empty stomach helps. BTW the 5g Terence is talking about is with Semilanceata, which is about 1% dry weight, and very stable and consistent... Then again, you could always grow them on Phalaris and/or add trytamines... Since you are probably going to get Cubensis on the street, and they are not likely going to be of an increased potency due to additives to the substrate... You will want to keep in mind the variance in potency associated with the species. Could be 3.5 does nothing, could be 3.5 rox your sox. Start small, try to get the same ones, once you know... Closed Caps are better. The darker the bluing reaction with Cubensis, the stronger they are... But also there is loss of potency if handled too much... A double edged sword there. Hope that helps ya.
      Peace

Disclaimer:
      I am not responsible for your actions. The above information provided was strictly for informational purposes only.
      • D
        D
        offline 136
        well kind of thought it went without saying that the woodlovers are much stronger

i'm talking about the little cubensis that i've heard of some people growing on grain and such - illegal, though - bad, bad people!

I haven't had any experience with the wood lovers up in the north woods there?

I'd be way more concerned about the exact species and exact source of the schrooms than the dosage, anyway - really, set and setting is crucial and I'm pretty sure now that small doses tend to lead (me anyway) into trouble more often than so called heroic doses which sort of 'take me out" quickly like a knock out blow in a fight instead of slowly like 5 rounds of getting hammered into final submission

i've heard these outlaw types claim that it only takes about five to six weeks to grow your own psilocybin mushrooms? crazy bad, bad people in the world so be careful of the PEOPLE just be sure of your strain and don't worry about the shrooms man, they might fuck with your head but they'll never fuck you over
      • did 3.5 gr. last weekend with ideal results .

5 gr. coming up next as per McKenna's suggestion.

thanks for the input .
        • Definitely depends on the species and your current state of mind/ body/envt.
          There is definitely a tolerance developed. I've had some which 2 gm dried completely
          knocked me over and others where 6-7 were a strong but not totally over the top.
          • D
            D
            offline 136
            yes i've had strength vary wildly even with the same strain and different flushes

once I ate twelve grams of these "Creepers" and nada

my friend had seen the pile I was to eat and came by stuck his head around house where I was sitting in back probably expecting me to be hanging from my tail off of a tree

he was quite surprised to find me so lucid especially since a few days earlier he had eaten maybe 3 grams of the same batch and claims to have tripped balls for 12 hours?

five grams of the same Creepers a couple months later constituted my "breakthrough" experience so what I think I have learned is that you just never know. I'm convinced that the experience I had with that particular five grams might not have ever come even if I ate them all the time for the rest of my life - but if you eat them something good will happen if you do it sincerely

the tolerance seems to be if you take them less than say a week apart? That seems to be what I noticed, anyway. I never took them closer than seven days apart
            • given all of these experiences ... I guess i'll stick with 3.5 or so .

thanks .

yes, the body/mind state thing does seem to be a big factor.... what you've had to eat in the hours before ... the mood you've been in ... the circumstantial stresses or etc. that you've got hanging over you ...

moon phase is quite possibly a factor as well I think ... i'd think that tripping during a full moon would be much more intense and during a new moon , the opposite ...
              • I always try to fast for 24 hours prior and limit beer or other alcohol consumption.
                Orange Juice is a wonderful thing to have on hand to stay hydrated and some believe
                the vitamin C enhances the Psilocybin. Nice to have some MJ about too as it can help to
                steer the experience. For one particular variety, I have calibrated my girlfriend's dose to be
                about 2.5 gms (beginner). I go as high as 6-7. In any sort of public situation I venture no further than 4.
                Music can have a major effect, particularly genres such as PsyTrance.
                Check out www.Ektoplazm.com for tons of free PsyTrance downloads (check out SOM).
                Other things which can shape an experience are visuals.
                I recall one adventure with my girl and we watched "The March of the Penguins".
                It was so fucking sad watching those poor bastards go through their shit.
                When the daddy penguin lost the egg we both completely broke down in tears of empathy.
                3 critical seconds OMFG... NOOOOOOOOOOO!
                We watched another amazing video on Netflix. ( Amazon -IMAX ) about a shaman
                heading off to locate curative plants and amazing photography and naration.
                www.netflix.com/WiMovie/Am...AX/70000637
                Absolutely wonderful to watch while in the zone.
                If you are in the mood for geometric visuals check out my YouTube channel.
                www.youtube.com/user/TrancePlant777#p/u
                They are specifically designed with the tripper in mind ;-)

• fasting is 'indicated' in many online trip reports and suggestions ... I will have to do a proper 24 fast for next time maybe ...
                  and yes - vitamin C is also mentioned frequently online/in books for ramping the psilocybin metabolism up by a few degrees...
                  i squeezed a few limes into a shot glass this last time and sipped as i chewed and got very nice enhanced (or it seemed anyway) results ...
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.
                    make that = a few lime wedges or the juice of 1 lime or lemon (or both)

dont need more than that really . just enough to be a catalyst in the stomach and liver .
  • Getting to and "past" the maximum psychedelic potential has always been my goal as a hard core traveler. Generally speaking, I dose as such:

Someone says they have something im unsure of the dose for (I always take 7-8 grams dried cubensis), so I ask,"How much do I need to shatter myself into countless pieces, so there isn't a drop of me left behind?" After which I double the recommended dose. Always works FOR ME...
    • D
      D
      offline 136
      do you loose consciousness with the very large doses?
      • If the psychedelics are good and I am properly prepared! I loosen and expand my consciousness as much as humanly possible (not in frequency but in quality, I only take 3-4 times a year).

Or did you do I lose consciousness? Like black out? I have moments of darkness and void but no blackout. Awareness remains. It could be possible to overdose and blackout on certain substances but not ones i take really.
        • D
          D
          offline 136
          what happened to me twice was a kind of loss of consciousness - rose up saw self lying in fetal position on bed? - but also gained conscious awareness - if not control! - within the experience that i've written about too much already, I'm sure

each time proceeded by swirling (pattern) moving from right to left and each time i look up at the swirling and boom I'm gone into this state that seems more like an alternate reality than an altered state of consciousness

I kind of seek that experience with the shrooms each time although I try not to (seek) anything at least with some experiences - seems best to just go in empty with no expectations let unconscious or (super) human psilocybin consciousness paint on a blank slate, of course never a blank slate and (they) already seem to know what I need much opposed to what I want better than I do ?
          • Here is the real ideal dosage of any substance: what is right for you. Try different doses...what gives you the most of that which your seeking?

For me, I aim for an extremely psychonautic/mystical/spiritual experience...others just want to fry and watch labyrinth (which isnt horrible to do once) or play video games... I usually fry alone or with one other trust person. Usually in nature if possible. my doses are so large that there is usually an extreme break down in the ability to communicate verbally with other... i just get "miles away"...

My "church" though at the moment is either muir woods or any number of nature places around sf bay. great places to expand. but one of my all time favorite things is 7 grams of dried cubensis while listening to the drum circle all day at golden gate park. great great energy.

Recent topics in "Psilocybin Mushrooms"