Advertisement

tribal costume?

topic posted Wed, March 12, 2008 - 7:25 AM by  Charlsie
Share/Save/Bookmark
i've searched and searched for a tribal bra top like Rachel Brice's. i just can't seem to find any online that look like quality. i don't want a vic's secret black bra with shells glued to it! more than likely, she has them custom made, but if anyone knows a good site please let me know.
posted by:
Charlsie
Tennessee
Advertisement
  • Re: tribal costume?

Wed, March 12, 2008 - 7:38 AM
    I just ordered a bra and some hair falls from the site tribalrootz.com. The lady is very sweet and allows you to customize your bra by telling her what colors you want and if you want to add a pendant or anything like that. The pricing is reasonable and you can always add more jewelry, coins, or shells to the bra on your own to customize it even more. Hope this helps hon!

Fri, March 14, 2008 - 2:37 PM
    Hehe, ummm...I have two Victoria's Secret bras with tribal stuff on them. ;-p WHAT?! I'm not crazy I just like the fit! ;-p. But yes making your own stuff helps a lot. I understand buying the things you need though. I just figured that I'll eventually have to learn to make stuff myself, so I'm starting out with making my own halter type bra! Yikes my fingers!

Fri, March 14, 2008 - 10:42 PM
      it's so key to have a bra that fits you! and sometimes so hard to find. kudos when ya do find a keeper.. i always buy like several. you could always use that as the base, and attach fabric over it.. then add all your coins and shells and bling bling. or make a halter-like top to go over it, but you have that nice lovely vickie s. bra for support underneath

Sat, March 15, 2008 - 7:41 AM
        Well depending on how much goodies you want to add to your bra will determine what cupsize you will need to buy. If you plan on adding a lot of goodies, you will want to go the next cup size up, adding on all the goods will really shrink the cups.

Sat, March 15, 2008 - 10:44 PM
          well....after watchin the tribal fusion dvd from the BDSS....i suggest a fabric store and ebay........just look for some stuff to add to a bra

Sun, March 16, 2008 - 10:38 AM
            oh don't get me wrong! i think the real vic secret bra with adornments are pretty.. i would just feel more self conscious being aware that i'm actually dancing in a real bra. lol but yeah if i could successfully put enough stuff on it to hide the underwire and where the straps connect i would feel much better about it. i will probably have to try this bc i haven't been able to find a halter bikini top that has enough support.

Tue, March 18, 2008 - 8:02 AM
              Maybe shouldn't recommend this, since I've not had time to make one yet, but this might help:

www.amazon.com/Embellishe.../0967817064

I'm sewing-impaired, but the instructions seem pretty straightforward and it is well-illustrated...though she does recommend making a practice bra (or 3, in my case, LOL) so you won't be panicking at the last minute.

Tue, March 18, 2008 - 11:41 AM
                You can make bras out of lots of things. I have a bra that I made using 2 thongs, a babydoll, and a headpiece ;) Headpieces are great for bras as they have the perfect shape and you just have to sew one thing onto your bra. I got mine off ebay for $25 (its the purple and silver bra in my profile pics ;)

Right now I've got 2 new bras going out of triangle swim suit tops. I'm not overly abundant on top so I can get away with those ;) One I like the color and its got a 'net' type pattern to it so I'm not even going to mess with a cover fabric, which saves tons of time. Just make sure if you go this route to get a top slightly bigger than you normally wear, all the sewing makes it shrink up some and you don't want your cups running over ;) Come join us in the DIY bellydance tribe, we have lotsa cool info on making costume fixins ;)