Advertisement

Chain Restraunts and WiFi ???

topic posted Tue, March 18, 2008 - 7:01 PM by  Dusty Nipple...
Share/Save/Bookmark
It's hard enough to find decent food in smalltown USA... but how bout a decent reliable restraunt chain that has WiFi. All I want to do is sit at the bar, have a decent glass of wine, get a nice dinner salad and log on. Is that too much to ask?
Advertisement
  • Re: Chain Restraunts and WiFi ???

Tue, March 18, 2008 - 8:23 PM
    Seems to be, Dusty, but Panera does have WiFi in its stores. They have food which is standardized across trhe chain, but the baked goods are fresh, the salads are passable, and their sandwiches are ok as well.

Otherwise, I find myself ordering out quite a bit so that I can stay in the hotel. That sucks for company, if any is desired, but I'm not up to redrilling the holes that we drilled during the day at dinner with my drill crews.

If you're in a Hilton, a lot of them have Wi-Fi and you can sit in the restaurant and log on.

Tue, March 18, 2008 - 8:36 PM
      Thanks Rhino. I always stay at Hampton Inn's. Free wifi, reliable, and they're everywhere. I do the same thing, take out and dinner in the hotel room. Boring. And it's always a dinner salad because it's gotta be something cold... most rooms don't have microwaves.

Are Hilton's comprable in price to the Hampton Inn I wonder? I would prefer to stay at a hotel with a bar/restraunt in the hotel... so much easier. Next trip, I'm making a bar/restraunt in the hotel a higher priority me thinks.

Thu, June 19, 2008 - 8:44 PM
    Okay, no wi fi. But, I just added Ruby Tuesday to my list of acceptable chain resturants.

I have no idea what the rest of their menu looks like, but they have a pretty respectable salad bar for $7.99. At least the one where I am now does. I'm assuming they are all pretty much the same. A nice array of greens, toppings (soybeans even!), mixed salads, etc. Didn't blow me away, but very decent, for a fair price. And they even had a decent wine selection at the bar.

So next time I see a Chili's, Applebees, and Ruby Tuesday all next door to each other... I'm opting for Ruby's. Obviously, I'd prefer other options, but very often, there just aren't any other options.

Now, if any of them introduce free wi-fi... all bets are off.

Mon, June 30, 2008 - 7:15 PM
      Dusty,
      Hiltons vary...so it depends. Usually not quite as cheap as Hampton's.

I tend to stay where my clients stay -- which generally means higher stars so Im lucky in that respect. But yes, I also have a tendency to order in and enjoy the room's internet access. Hence travel gets lonely.

However I second Panera. You can sit there a long time with decent-ish food. At least you can get a salad.

Also usually wired are Amazon salad places. No wine, but pretty good.

Recent topics in "Road Warrior"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Watching US shows from abroad. Katrina 0 September 23, 2010
Arline travel rights in the EU. Katrina 0 April 16, 2010
Hi, New Here Dave 1 May 6, 2009
DFW... CinemaGirl 1 November 6, 2008