Advertisement

any good day to start Bala tripura mantra ..

topic posted Sat, August 11, 2007 - 5:53 PM by  Amit
Share/Save/Bookmark
can any body suggest any good day and mahurta to start BalaTripura sundari mantra........in coming shkula paksha..
posted by:
Amit
India
Advertisement
  • Re: any good day to start Bala tripura mantra ..

Sun, August 12, 2007 - 12:23 AM
    Today is always a good day to start!! Right now!

But off the top of my head I'd say the first day of shkula paksha is the right day. From the first day of the bright fort night (shkula paksha) untill the day before the full moon represents Bala, as the full moon represents Sundari and the dark fort night represents Bharavi and Kali. As for Mahurta, again when ever the new moon is officially over and the bright fort night starts. You'll have to figure that out.

Sun, August 12, 2007 - 9:19 PM
      thanks Autin ji

thanks for mail..

i have decided to start mantra on Wednesday in the morning 4.30AM IST. mahurta is lagna is kartka with surya and budha budha represent bala rupa and day lord also is budha .. early morning also considered bharma mahurta .. i think this would be best to start mantra what do you say. i have already done 3 lakh mantra but that beeja mantra was starting with Om now i am doing mantra with Aim what do you suggest.

Sir do you know any body in india who is giving diksha for mata bala tripura sundari.........

Regard

Tue, August 14, 2007 - 12:54 AM
        Panchanga has never been my strong point. You seem to know a great deal more about it than me, so I really can't help here.

I believe that Bala mantra should be done w/o the Aum except for in a obstacle removing mantra before hand. The reason you shouldn't keep prefixing with Aum is that mantras are designed to make you do pranayama through the way they are recited. So if you keep prefixing with Aum it may ruin the intended pranayama technique. But please consult a qualified guru for serious clarification here.

I don't know that there is anyone that specifically gives initiation for Bala Tripura, thought there may be (perhaps at the peetham for Her that I mentioned in the other thread). But in Sri Vidya, even though the Panchadasi is the main mantra, Bala mantra will often be given to beginners as a starting point. So any Sri Vidya guru should be able to give you Bala mantra when you take diksha, though it's not guaranteed that they will. They might feel you are ready for something more advanced.

Sri Vidya is a very popular form of tantra in southern India, but you may have a bit more difficulty finding a guru for it in other parts of the country. Try any peethas or holy places for Lalita Tripura and ask the upasakas about a guru who can initiate you.

-There is my Paramaguru Sri Amritananda Natha at Devi Puram N.E. of Anakapalle, Andhra Pradesh.

-Sri Jagannatha Swami at Sri Lalithambigai Amman Temple, Periya Thadagam, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu.

-Sri Ramakrishnananda Saraswathy is at 5/13, Station Border Road, Chrompet, Chennai - 600 044.

-Sri Karunamayi is also somewhere in southern India (mostly) but I'm not sure where to reach her.

Hope this helps.
        Aum! Shanti!

Tue, August 14, 2007 - 6:14 PM
          ohh Great .........thanks

this is really help full thanks again ............

Regard

Amit puri

Sat, August 18, 2007 - 12:51 AM
            A couple more:

-Brahma Sri Yanamandra Venugopala Sastry (Sriyananda nadha) at Sanatana Gurukuasrama Sri Vidya Peetham, Kovuur., West Godavari District , Andhra Pradesh

-Amritanandamayi at Amritapuri between Kayamkulam and Karunagapally, Kerela.

NOTE: I'm not endorsing any of these Gurus or their institutions. These are just some of your options, please do your own research on these spiritual guides.

I've added links to the websites or related websites of these Gurus in the group description. Just hit 'more' to see them.

Sat, August 18, 2007 - 7:06 PM
              And here is one in Northern India, in the himalayas:

- Swami Vishveshwaranandaji at the Omkarananda Kamakshi-Devi Mandir, Muni-ki-reti, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand.

- Also Kalyanananada Bharati was at the Bhadrakali Peetham in Haridwar, but he has left it to Ganapati Sachchitananda of the Datta Peetham (Mysore) after his death, and I don't know if he has any followers who are qualified gurus left there.

Wed, August 15, 2007 - 5:12 PM
        Best time for beginning any Tripura Rupa is the Full Moon- She is ''Shri'' having all phases of the Moon complete.

In general Vara shows agni tattva and represents the health/strength of an activity being started, while the tithi relates jala tattva and shows the relationship/love one has with something started. So in general most devata sadhana is based on tithi, and for Devi who is the supreme Jala the tithi becomes even more important. [General daily practices are more based on Vara.]

While utilizing vara, though Bala rupa is associated with Budha Graha, Thurday is the day connected to her (at least according to the East Indian tradition I understand). Also remember that the Vedic day starts at Sunrise, so if you begin on a gregorian wednesday (started at kali gayatri midnight) but before the Sun rises it is actually a Vedic Tuesday : ) I am not sure relative to your location, but 4 30 AM may still be the last hora of Mangalvar.

Blessings on your worship

Recent topics in "Lalitā Tripura Sundarī & Śrī Vidyā"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Looking for Shree Vidya Khadgmala Stotra James 1 February 28, 2012
Sri Vidya Shakti Pithas Austin 42 December 14, 2011
love bodhisatva 0 September 5, 2011
whats the main mantra for tripura saundari Arnab 22 August 10, 2011