Advertisement

There's still room in the Poi Class...

topic posted Tue, January 24, 2006 - 12:53 PM by  Paulski
Share/Save/Bookmark
Here's the latest update from Mr. Fun about the poi classes he's teaching...

--------

Greetings,

I just got back from camp Wookie in Costa Rica and I'm feeling super refreshed and inspired to dance, play, & teach and ascend with you all in this ever growing pursuit of play!!! What's up with the weather??? I though I was escaping the cold??? I highly recommended getting out of your familiar space and journey into the great unknown... Meet new people, taste new tastes, smell new smells, listen to new sounds and feel new feelings... We have one great run on this planet in this body, so be sure to make the most of it!!!

POI SPINNING CLASS BEGINS THIS THURSDAY...

This Thursday we begin an 8 week journey exploring poi spinning, intended for everyone. Whether you're a beginner or advanced spinner - we are ALL beginners. The fall class I taught in St Paul was incredible! We came together to learn to play and grew as a family unit. We are about to begin this process once again...

So far there are 13 people registered with room for at least 20. It's conveniently located, so everyone should have no problem getting there. If you need a ride, I'm sure we can help you out. Zuni Poi Swings will be provided in case you don't have a set already.

To give you an idea of the class, we begin with a brief opening circle allowing us to reconnect and discuss our challenges, achievements, and insights into poi spinning. We then stretch for a few minutes, followed by synchronized poi movements (this is so beautiful to see), and then we sometimes close with some freestyle exploration giving everyone a chance to expand their spinning horizons... Towards the end of the 8 week session, we will touch on fire spinning and I will offer at least one fire poi spinning demonstration. Also, I may bring in a few batons and staffs in case you want to get a feel for these as well.

On Spin Jam Thursdays, we can head down the street from class to Spin Jam and continue the fun...

The class is very affordable, averaging only about $5 per class!!! If you can't make the first or second class, feel free to start when you can, however I don't believe the cost changes, though I can check this out for you if you like.

I can really use your help getting the word out... Please tell or email your family and friends. If you have a myspace account, please post it. I have attached the flyer in case you'd like to print and post it.

If the time for this class does not work for you and you still want to learn how to spin, please get in touch with me so we can arrange private or small group lessons - 651-489-7923 / mrfun@mystiktoyz.com.

If you are interested in teaching poi spinning I invite you to come to a couple classes at no charge to observe my teaching techniques so that you can begin teaching others...

Thanks to all you beautiful people. I look forward to playing with you....

~ Mr Fun

Minneapolis Community Education Presents…

Zuni Poi Spinning!!!
Learn the ancient art of poi spinning. Resembling martial arts and rhythmic gymnastics, an incredible exercise that will increase physical strength enhance energy, improve dexterity, and make you feel more happy and alive!

Instructor: “Mr Fun” of Mystik Toyz. For adults and youth.

8 Thursdays, beginning January 26th
7:15-8:45pm
Cost: $44

Jefferson Community School
1200 W. 26th Street (26th and Hennepin)
Minneapolis, MN 55405

Please call 612-668-2740 to register
Or register online with a credit card @ www.mplscommunityed.com
posted by:
Paulski
Minneapolis
Advertisement