Advertisement

Re: Aries Bad Temper

topic posted Thu, April 13, 2006 - 1:37 AM by  Elizabeth
Share/Save/Bookmark
Okay, I've kind of been known to have a bad temper.. espcially if you're family or a boyfriend... but it's wierd not ever with girlfriends..... (i'm a girl by the way) The other day,, some "stupid guy" I was dating texed me... Ur the Best except for your Short Fuse.. Just wondering If my fellow aries have ever gotten off the deep end cause they were mad.. (the horns, the horns, of the aries... =) )

------ I swear If if ever see "stupid" espcially when i'm drunk, I'm really scared I'm going to chuck a cup at his dumb head.... !!! (bad, huh? ) By the way,, would love to hear "crazy" stories,, cause I know I got a few!!!
posted by:
Elizabeth
Los Angeles
Advertisement
  • Re: Aries Bad Temper

Thu, April 13, 2006 - 1:59 AM
    i learned to tell people off from an aries with a bad temper.
    then again, my aries mom and brother don't have much for tempers as all!

yes, i have gone places in anger that many don't travel to.
    share the stories?
    geez. is it criminally implicating?
    what you ask for isn't necessarily very pretty or funny...
    lets say there is a strong part of me that is very unafraid of flirting with danger.
    and lets say that my intense feeling of need for justice makes it really hard for me to just walk away from certain things.
    and i am definitely not a pacifist
  • Unsu...

Thu, April 13, 2006 - 3:34 PM
    my dad is an aries and he has a bad temper.
    I'm nowhere near as bad as he is; but if I get mad I get REALLY mad.

Thu, April 13, 2006 - 4:07 PM
      I have an Aries temper, I think, but it takes alot to bring it out. I don't know how typically Aries this is, but I tend to let things stew for quite some time. Once it finally boils over, I let it rip. Sort of like a volcano. I hold grudges, also, and never forget an insult/injury. Once I decide to tell someone off, it's bad. I don't hold back. And I'm always right-even when I'm not. I have to get the last word in, and I don't apologize. I'm not saying that's the right way to go, but ... that's the road I tend to travel. I do have my good points, too-I promise.
      Carole

Fri, April 14, 2006 - 11:39 AM
        im very slow to anger but once you anger the dragon its horrible. Im so evil when im mad i have to conserve that energy for when i need it ie: picking my battles carefully. ;) So if you wrong me you will for sure hear about it, if im in a battle there is no way im loosing. Fuck loosing. I never play a game i cant win anyways regardless of the odds. Im very skilled at avoiding drama in my life because i know how bad my wrath is.

Emotions are not easy to deal with or control especially anger. Thats probably the hardest emotion for an Aries to deal with ill bet.

Fri, April 14, 2006 - 4:05 PM
          I have a bad temper, trying to work on it...relaxing. I hold grudges like crazy, I remember all the people that yell at me for no reason etc. I am a pretty laid back person going with the flow of things but I admit I usually hold the anger in until I explode, I am working on expressing my anger right when it comes, but years of not doing makes this obstacle very challenging.

Sat, April 15, 2006 - 1:13 AM
            i know exactly what you mean. other people are starting to dislike me for not expressing my anger right away. its really hard but i'm working on that too.

Mon, May 1, 2006 - 4:04 PM
              Arize -- I'm a pacifist and an Aries.

I too struggle with anger. I have been around so many chronically angry, bitter people in my life. They bug the shit out of me.

Like many here it takes a lot for me to get angry. In my personal and business life, I too try to pick my battles. Let go of the things that are not important.

In my personal life I tend to be two ways. If I feel like you're manipulating and using me, I push the Irish button -- I'm done with you. Have a great life. Best wishes leave me the fuck alone.

With people I really love I'm working on finding the best way to moderate and express my feelings. It's important to differentiate what you really want to get out of a situation, from being right. If I really love someone (friend or lover) I want to communicate and share what I'm feeling with them, not destroy them.

I guess my biggest struggle was not to hide from the anger, because I was afraid of it, but to embrace it.

There's nothing wrong with waiting to think things over and not just blow up. Especially if you're under a lot of pressure, just calming down and relaxing is the best most healthy thing you can do for you and your friends. Let most things go and just try to talk about whatever is bothering you.

Peace,
              Robin
  • Unsu...

Mon, May 1, 2006 - 4:54 PM
    I can fly off the handle when I want to. I'ts not uncontrollable. Actually I do enjoy my "fits of rage" sometimes. Hell, It gets the job done. Real anger I try to avoid because of the way it manifests physically in my body, mainly my jaw and the back of my head at the base of my skull. It feels like tiny hands trying to rip the back of my skull open. I clench my jaw so hard and I don't realize I'm even doing it. I used to say, to my ex, "I'm not mad". And he'd say "Yes you are--your face is doing that THING!" Apparently it's not verry attractive.

Thu, May 4, 2006 - 2:21 AM
    i am glad to hear that it takes a bit for others to angry...
    it is about impossible to make me mad. it honestly never really happens. i get hurt, or i pity someone, but i don't get angry...
    my parents can make me angry.
    my ex-fiance could make me angry---but that was with good reason (he became violent) and the reason we are not together.
    i have been told that my calm is due to my capricorn moon

Thu, May 4, 2006 - 4:50 AM
      I've gota a cappy moon too and usually im pretty slow to anger and if i do it slowly builds up. Reach a highpoint and i'll explode. But most of the time instead of getting angry i just get annoyed. I expend alot of energy on weightlifting and hard as nails kintansho training (kickboxing with less rules) too and I think it helpes keeping my temper calm.
      That is how i FEEL. However, my comunication style may come off as having a high temper...having sun, mercury and venus in aries and all....maby? Im very expressive. Some people wonder if im gay becaus of it. Apparently optimism, high energy and expressiveness makes a guy gay because that is a female caracter trait... A buddy of mine still woner if I am. Even after hes seen me with girfriends and having sucess with girls. Go figure. Oh well, let them think so. I think he's gay.

Parrents can make me explode like no other though. My dad's a greate guy and all, but he knows how to push the right buttons. Geminis have a way of annoying the crap out of me. It might be a coincidence though...

Thu, May 4, 2006 - 7:16 AM
        lol at this post. I'm feel the same way. Whats up with that? Since when is expressive = gay? I dont get it. I never thought that expression was neither masculine nor feminine. I'm a musician so i get away with it somewhat. I guess i dont like being called something im not no matter what it is.
      • Unsu...

Thu, May 4, 2006 - 7:53 AM
        kjetil,
        Where is your Mars? What's your Rising? Arian energy is such a potent force, and it's always interesting to see how the other signs work with it. That Cap Moon is probably a blessing, huh? Sensibility, rationality..not normal Arian characteristics. Most Arian men I know seem to have a problem keeping a job with one employer for a long length of time. The temper, the pride, the inpulsiveness. Arians are not good at kissing ass (kicking maybe :P). Granted, yall can go out and GET the job like nobody's business. Such confidence, the boy-next door charm, the machismo. Arians can really shine in an interview. That moon is just frickin' awesome for you. I think that Male Cap energy kinda has this "Big Daddy" vibe to it. It's a real no-bull-shit, get-the-job-done thing.

I've got a Gemini Moon, and yeah, I can be annoying as hell to some people. Those peace-loving, tranquil types. Have you done your Dad's chart? Warning: it may freak you out a little. You may not want to get into your parent's charts too deeply right away, for lots of reasons. You're still so young. But I would at least get the basics so you can see where he's coming from, and maybe you''ll get some sort of insight into the "whys". It helps when you can empathize with them, but then you can just try to let the bullshit slide on by and keep the attitude "Hey.. he can't help being an asshole, it's in his chart." My dad was an Arian, and if I didn't take that into account, I'd have to conclude that he was a self-centered SOB...but he wasn't, just an immature Arian who never got the love he needed as a child, and a Piscean Moon which kept him locked into his own narrow perception of life. I know I'm getting off the subject, but I lost my mom and my dad 5 years ago, and there's so many things you fail to realize about your parents, like they're just people, not gods, and they need your forgiveness for whatever grudges you hold (and often we don't even realize we have negative feelings about them till it's too late). Arian boys have a way of provoking something in their fathers, I'm nor sure what it is. Maybe even at such a young age tha Alpha-male persona shows through and causes the father to feel "threatened" in some way. I'm just hypothisizing. I miss my Dad, but I can feel him even though he's gone. He fought, alot, back in his day. Til the day he died at 76 he wouldn't back down to anyone. He'd say, "You might whip my ass and make a meal outa' me , but by God, I'm gonna get me a sammwich on the way down!" Like I said, I really miss him. It's one reason I adore Aries males so much.

"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil..
        For I am the meanest son-of-a-bitch in the valley" -Anonymous

• Unsu...

Thu, May 4, 2006 - 8:21 AM
          Arian men seem to be given some Pisces more often than not, to soften them down and keep them from being complete, intolerable assholes. And on the flip side, I've met some Piscean males who were bad-ass motherfuckers (not a typical, passive fish persona) from some well-placed Aries. You get what you need, I guess. Unless you were born with some heavy Karma from being a prick in a previous life, then you get a inflexible Aquarian with an ego-driven Aries Moon, and nothing to back it up with except Mars in Pisces. A complete puss with the chart to back it up. (Damn, I just need to whip his ass and get on with it...)

Thu, May 4, 2006 - 10:29 AM
            "Arian men seem to be given some Pisces more often than not"

it turns out that if you look at how quickly the planest make their orbits, all the planets are "limitted" in how far away they can get from a person's sun.

in other words, all aries will have venus and mercury within 2 signs of aries. i think mercury is only one sign away and venus can get as far as 2 signs away.

and then there are planets that move so slowly that whole generations have them in the same sign, like pluto and neptune.

anyway, just sayin.

oh. and by the way? Pisces can have an arrogance to them, a whiny self-righteousness to them. all that sensitivity and depth. i've found that pisces men who think they are deeper than everyone can be really snooty holier-than-thou assholes.

Thu, May 4, 2006 - 8:53 AM
          I dont know any gemini moons. Mainly suns that annoy me a tad sometimes. I don't have any problems with my parrents as we are a loving family. I dont carry any grudge or anything. They are anoying like all parents are at my age. My dad is not an ass or anythin like that. It's just that he does things he think is funny at my expence. Like licking his finger and sticking it in my ear during dinner and stuff. He stopped doing it when i started pinching him as revenge. We have many interesting discussions and hes a good guy. I don't know if he thinks im challenging him though since I moved out. He knows im the stronger younger more dominant male anyways ;)

Sun in aries, moon in capricorn, rising in cancer, mercury and venus in aries and mars in taurus. Yes my capricorn moon is a big blessing:) Im not as negative or serious as many cap moons tend to be though.
          • Unsu...

Thu, May 4, 2006 - 12:32 PM
            kjetil,
            Good...good. Sorry to make all those negative assumptions...perhaps I'm avoiding my own repressed melancholoc issues. Is the moon still in Cancer? Exuses are so much easier than the reasons...

Thu, May 4, 2006 - 9:53 PM
            <Like licking his finger and sticking it in my ear during dinner and stuff.>

Wow...close family, eh? *chuckles*
            owell, my dad used to pour beer over my head...

Thu, May 4, 2006 - 9:51 PM
          my father is an Aries with a Pisces moon- like yours...I felt too that he was overly self-centered growing up...and sort of glosses over the things he doesn't want to recognize...very subconscious in habits, but he is a very powerful business man.

Thu, November 30, 2006 - 5:10 PM
        It's been awhile since I've looked at this thread, so I missed the Capricorn moon posts in May. I just realized, looking at my chart, that I've got a Capricorn moon, also. Perhaps it does temper the Aries temper...My father is a Capricorn Sun, and he's amazingly slow to anger, too, but once he's there-look out. It's like a slow burn building to an inferno. You can see his jaw set and face harden just beforehand. He's not violent-just damn loud and scary-LOL. I also seem to have an Irish button. My husband tends to push it. When I've had a bit too much to drink, I'm a big badass in a 5'2" , 120 pound body. ; ) To quote someone's quote-"I'm the meanest mother f__ker in the alley". At least I think I am. Fortuneately, I realize this isn't one of my more attractive qualities, so I pick my drinking partners carefully. ie: don't drink with hubby-LOL. And I keep it to two or three at most.
  • Unsu...

Mon, November 27, 2006 - 7:58 PM
    I also have a bad temper and it's like a volcano so I too pick my arguments and once it happens, WATCH OUT!

Mon, November 27, 2006 - 8:39 PM
      "im very slow to anger but once you anger the dragon its horrible"

I'm the same way. It takes a lot to make me angry, and sometimes a long time to make me angry, but when that finally surfaces, watch out!! I had an off-and-on relationship with an Aquarius man, the love of my life, many years ago. I bottled a lot of things up until one night something happened that just set me off, and I let loose with everything I'd kept quiet about for the 10 years that I'd known him. I will never forget the look on his face: he'd known me all that time, lived with me for over a year, and never realized that I had The Aries Temper (in addition to a few other Aries qualities that he happened to appreciate). It was like one of those bad sci-fi or horror movies, like he was watching me turn into some other creature. Our relationship was never the same, we broke up soon afterward and haven't spoken in years.

I learned from that episode, though, and try to remember the results of that whenever I feel myself bottling that anger up. It doesn't always work, but I hope to never put anyone through that again.

Wed, November 29, 2006 - 8:10 PM
    This seems like a fun thread.

One quote I've always loved, but for the life of me can't remember who said is was:
    "I don't know if she is a gifted being, but she has a strong will, and a high temper"

Pretty much sums me up.

My chart is mostly fire and water. So I've been known to have a awful temper. But I don't hold a grudge and I forgive and forget as fast as I fly off the handle. Ahhh...if only other signs could be so forgiving. When I was a younger ram, I was prone to more physical violence. Not so much anymore. I think I am just passive-aggressive now. Only came close to being arrested for physical violence once, but I think the other aspect to Arians (our charm) got me out of that one.

I think it takes certain types of people to admire our fire in all of it's glory. Our passion and our anger. Funny, when you think of it they are not to different on the spectrum of emotions. I know that my father admires my anger, probably because he is a Gemini and has a different type of it himself. I've been told by x's that it's "my way or the highway"...yep...I'm ok with that.
  • Unsu...

Thu, November 30, 2006 - 11:55 AM
    does anyone else um, break stuff when they get mad?

Thu, November 30, 2006 - 12:53 PM
      "does anyone else um, break stuff when they get mad?"

I throw things. Tennis shoes, usually. I just go down into my basement and fling them at the cement walls. It sounds kind of stupid but it's harmless and it beats throwing something that you'll later regreat having broken.
      • Unsu...

Thu, November 30, 2006 - 1:37 PM
        >I throw things. Tennis shoes, usually. I just go down into my basement and fling them at the cement walls. It sounds kind of stupid but it's harmless and it beats throwing something that you'll later regreat having broken. <

I should try that.
        I've broken a glass, a plate, and a TV remote control because of my anger.

Thu, November 30, 2006 - 5:16 PM
      I don't really break stuff when I get mad. My Gemini husband is far worse about that than I am. He's broken remotes, phones, and many other household items. I've broken something a time or two, but having to clean up the mess and replace the object afterwards put a damper on that. When I was a teenager butting heads with my parents, I would pull all my shoes out of the closet and bem them one by one back into the closet as hard as I could.

Thu, November 30, 2006 - 5:17 PM
        Oops-I meant beam, not "bem". No, Newt, throwing tennis shoes against the wall doesn't sound stupid to me. As you said, it's harmless. It's a good way to release hostility.

Thu, November 30, 2006 - 5:21 PM
          Ok-I'm all mixed up. I should have said "Deb-no, it doesn't sound stupid to me.". I'm not arguing with you Newt. I re read my post and realized it might come off that way. For some reason, tribe's not letting me edit my posts right now. So please forgive my longwindedness. ; )

Sat, December 9, 2006 - 3:00 PM
    I love to take things out on other people, especially if I know they're insecure and will spend the rest of the day feeling sorry for themselves if I call them stupid, ugly, etc.

I also love to break shit when I'm pissed off, it's probably my worst bad habit. and the one thing I can't do is wait for other people, it makes my skin crawl.
    • Unsu...

Mon, December 11, 2006 - 9:53 PM
      >the one thing I can't do is wait for other people, it makes my skin crawl.<
      I can't do this either!!!
      I hate it and it's not something that gives me anxiety (like panic attacks or whatever) but I just get REALLY restless and agitated.

Sat, May 1, 2010 - 2:07 AM
    I'm an Aries, My anger is controlled but not my mind for i have psychosis and other problems to mental disability. My anger cannot be taimed once its unleashed, my other self hates weak people and repsects honor but with people today they fight like cowards. Like i said if there weaklings my other self will put them in there place prehaps close to death.Its happend many times within my childhood when im angry and my mind is fradjile i black out but before that blackness and my purple aura fades out. i feel freedom, Enjoymant and just wanting to kill like a lustful feeling Just watching that person die in so many different projections through the mind within just a couple of seconds really makes you feel different to those around you. has anyone else ever felt like this?

Thu, June 10, 2010 - 1:01 PM
      oh wow toni u sound crazy lol but in a good way?..well i can appreciate it becuz the intensity of my anger stems from not only an aries sun but a scorpio moon as well...im constantly being told about my "short fuse" but i cant seem to help myself

Tue, August 24, 2010 - 10:58 AM
        I understand Marvin... I am an aries sun, scorp moon and cancer rising..... pure steam and once it blows.... it is on!!!! Scorpio moons, with an Aries Sun Whew!!!! Not good to be controlled by this influence too much though... always better to be slow to anger. So I pick those issues I will address with force when I need to. But sometimes..... smh....

Recent topics in "aries"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
The Real Lord of Rings (Exotic tribes of ancient India) aang 0 August 29, 2014
younger women seeking older men Unsubscribed 0 December 19, 2013
Cut the crap, Libra are so... Lunasky 249 October 19, 2013
Natal Mercury in Retrograde KindaLik'a 19 October 13, 2013