Advertisement

the cusp of power (aries/taurus)

topic posted Tue, February 27, 2007 - 2:51 PM by  offlineDarrin
Share/Save/Bookmark
I've noticed a pattern. Everyone I've met so far who was born on the days of April 17-22 is totally crazy (even more so than other arians I know). I find them to be super driven, super egocentric, and even violent in many ways that they deal with life (myself included).

Any thoughts? What have your experiences been?

p.s. as I was writing this post I found this and it really made me laugh:
"The self-esteem found in this cusp combination is exceeded only by the urge for self-gratification, which will invariably make its subjects unreasonable and overbearing unless self-control is developed."
posted by:
Darrin
SF Bay Area
Advertisement
  • Re: the cusp of power (aries/taurus)

Tue, February 27, 2007 - 4:38 PM
    Ummm, nope.
    My birthday is the 21st, my step-sister's is the 22nd, great-grandmother's also the 21st, dated two guys born on the 18th, one roommate born on the 18th, best friend on the 20th, and the first friend that I made when I moved to Maui also on the 20th. The list goes on, but these are the stand-outs. All lovely people- calm, centered, peace-loving individuals. Usually funny as Hell.
    I am really sorry that your experience with people on this cusp has been less than wonderful, but there are all kinds in this world. I mean, hey, Tony Danza is awesome, right? Right? ;)*
  • Unsu...

Re: the cusp of power (aries/taurus)

Wed, February 28, 2007 - 9:52 PM
    Hmm... I'm an April 19th Aries and I wouldn't agree with that too much... Of course I also have a Virgo Moon & Gemini ASC with Mercury retrograde! LOL I'm a lot more introverted than most people would expect of an Aries Sun.

Then again, I really don't put much stock in cusps... your Sun is one sign or the other. Most likely there are planets in the sign next to your Sun sign that give you that "cusp feeling." For example I'm on the Aries/Taurus cusp, but my Taurus traits come from having Venus in Taurus. :)
  • Unsu...

Wed, March 7, 2007 - 1:12 PM
    I'm the 17th and I am far from super driven and violent (I am a yoga teacher) but I am quite egocentric (I am a yoga teacher). I have several mellow, even keeled friends with Birthdays in the same week and while we do get nuts at our combined birthday mega party it is a firey, but not totally crazy, event.

Mon, May 14, 2007 - 12:03 PM
    yes... that cusp is the one where you will find quite a few scary world leaders and megalomaniacs... QE2 and Hitler...
    scary ones that I stay far away from...
    I'm 4/8, virgo rising, moon in libra... a lot more chill than some Aries, and like a frosty popsicle compared to the A-T cuspers.
    • A-Ts

Mon, May 14, 2007 - 12:10 PM
      cusps do show traits of both signs...
      but it's the rest of your planets that generally determine which sun sign will reveal itself more on a daily basis.
      glad to know that the A-T cuspers that have posted here obviously have some calming planetary influences
      one guy i know, born on 4/20, is the biggest self-centered jack*ss you would never care to meet...
      doesn't care who he hurts, as long as he gets his way... *bleh*
      but he thinks you should worship him as he tells dead baby jokes, and mooches off anyone and everyone who will let him
      not the only a-t i have ever known, but he's my least favorite.

Mon, May 14, 2007 - 3:27 PM
      Also Catherine the Great, who was very much interested in the arts and made culture and education accessible to the people of Russia. Iggy Pop. Robert Smith. John Muir. Charlotte Bronte. Jack Nicholson. Bettie Paige. Sandra Dee. William Shakespeare. Shirley Temple.
      I guess the point is that there are all kinds of people born on every day of the year. Sure, you have your Lenins and Hitlers and Queen Elizabeths. But there are also individuals who are creative, beautiful, talented, humanitarian. You have people who are incredibly sensitive as well as those who use their power for lesser purposes.
      I just happen to know a lot of people born around this time, and almost without exception, they are kind-hearted, intelligent creatures of compassion. Which, by my own logic, is not to say that the other kind does not exist, simply that I do not attract them.

Sat, April 12, 2008 - 6:58 PM
    well i was born on april 10.with the chinese sing of the rooster. that would make me one of the most crazy ones, i have lots of arians friends the craziest ones were born from april 1-15. from 16 to 19 i find they are calm, and caring. and not so violent as the other ones. i also notice that they are quite focus and often achieve great things.

Thu, May 1, 2008 - 10:46 AM
      Hi I am born on the 20th , for the most part i'm pretty mellow)with age) but have many unusual things happen but i usually chalk that up to being a medicine woman. Hey Helena please send your friends to a tribe I started called- born on four 20 please. I also have a old boyfriend and now friend born on 4/20. Also in Vedic astrology all people born in the month of Aries are Aries and i have a number of friends born in april who I would say are very aries even though technically they are Taurus but they do exude Aries qualities.
      as far as achieving great things , well as long as we dont get lazy lol
  • Unsu...

Thu, May 1, 2008 - 12:58 PM
    I have no idea really about other Aries since for some reason I don't know many or attract other Aries or that many fire signs to begin with.

I just know myself, but I wish I knew some more Aries to compare myself with or reflect off from and really get to know better. My uncle is an Aries and his b-day is the day after mine. In some ways we're a lot alike, and in others, we aren't. I just recently started reconnecting with him after years of not wanting to speak to him or have anything to do with him.

My bf always says I'm a lot like his Aries mom who passed away two years ago. Her b-day is also the same as my uncle's.
    • Unsu...

Thu, May 1, 2008 - 1:03 PM
      Yeah....we all vary. Depends on other planet alignments too. Not all Aries are alike, and the decanates and houses give a bigger picture as to how our sun sign or any other planets effect us.
      • Unsu...

Thu, May 1, 2008 - 8:57 PM
        I was born on the cusp if there is such a thing. 00 degrees aries on the cusp of rebirth. I think its interesting becuase I am always trying to change or better myself no matter how good of a situation I'm in.
  • Unsu...

Thu, May 1, 2008 - 9:00 PM
    Okay about the original post. April is the month of the Dragon so all aries will be crazy born in April. And this particular decan happens to be Sagittarius. The Sagittarian Dragon is not a gental creature.
    • Unsu...

Thu, May 1, 2008 - 9:52 PM
      "Thu, May 1, 2008 - 9:00 PM
      Okay about the original post. April is the month of the Dragon so all aries will be crazy born in April. And this particular decan happens to be Sagittarius. The Sagittarian Dragon is not a gental creature"

Huh? So....you're implying that all people born in the 3rd decan of Aries is NOT GENTAL? I would think that the third decan would be the least Arian of all since it's got the carefree, bubbly and often philosophical traits of Sag combined with the Arian childlike innocence and sense of adventure and exploration. Sag is mutable so that would soften the Aries traits.
      • Unsu...

Thu, May 1, 2008 - 9:57 PM
        NM, I'd seen your chart. Aries in Aries decan. You probably feel more Arian than I do. All the pure, true traits of Aries.

I do disagree with your bold statement about Aries 3 though.
      • Unsu...

Sat, May 3, 2008 - 1:58 PM
        Sorry I offended you Aries but I when you take into consideration the western sign Sagittarius and the eastern sign of the dragon what you have is two very dramatic and fire driven characters. Sagittarians aren't known for being cute-cuttle bugs. Their known for being wild party animals that can go from here to there in .5 seconds. Dragons are dramatic and somewhat ego driven. Maybe somewhere in your chart you have softer elements that disable this but it is still a part of you since you were born in the dragon month and the sagittarius decan.

Wed, July 16, 2008 - 6:52 PM
    umm yeah that sounds like me 100 percent...i was born on the 18th and though most of the time i am quite nice i do have anger issues and so does every aries/taurus cusp out there that i know...some just have better control over their anger...but give us a break we're half ram half bull....thats probally the worst combo....aries is the children of the zodiac while taurus are probally the most stubborn sign...we're like that little kid in the store kicking and screaming cause they're parent wont buy them candy lol
    • Unsu...

Fri, July 18, 2008 - 1:31 PM

this effect is enabled by the kabalistic angel / astrological personality
      presiding over / (dis) embodeing the energy of this energy window
      meaning we are who we are so we are born when/where we are

Thu, November 27, 2008 - 9:49 AM
    My moon is on that cusp xD
    haha, i'm egocentric...and uhm..yeah, a lot of issues with the guys i date. They say i'm too controlling and act like a little kid.
    Haters&lames

Thu, November 27, 2008 - 9:46 PM
      4-22-1988, Cusp of power+Year of Dragon, Definently egocentric, Very violent only when people act like worthless scum, Moon in cancer causes me to flood my emotions into everything i do, like when angry of sad. Funny thing tho i dont stay angry or sad for long, i just never forget, Mars in Aquarius and i dont like violence at all, But trouble always has a way of finding me. I hate my anger so much i even admitted myself to an inpatient clinic. Cant say it helped, all they did was drug me up. Yoga has helped me out more than anything. If you are suffering from extreme anger issues and you dont want to be drugged up then i would strongly suggest in taken up Yoga, Tai Chi, or some Meditation techniques to better channel that anger into a more productive means.

Fri, December 19, 2008 - 7:32 AM
    I was born on the 18 and I agree, violent, super driven and egocentric. We do mask it with compassion and loving but dont get in our wrong side or you will regret it. I have meet 2 people with same year/date and we are very good friends and can get into heated arguments.

Recent topics in "aries"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Cut the crap, Libra are so... Lunasky 250 September 12, 2014
The Real Lord of Rings (Exotic tribes of ancient India) aang 0 August 29, 2014
younger women seeking older men Unsubscribed 0 December 19, 2013
Natal Mercury in Retrograde KindaLik'a 19 October 13, 2013