Advertisement

Jaguar totem?

topic posted Tue, October 9, 2007 - 8:42 AM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
I've noticed lately that not only am I dreaming of these cats but I recently had recieved as an gift(birthday) an jaguar print purse,and a week or so back had walked into an office where the woman had worked there had various figurines of wild cats and a rug patterend after an jaguar I suppose.I wasn't sure the difference between a panther,jaguar or leopard so I looked up some photos of each and noticed that the ones I kept feeling the most strongly pulled to,felt this werid tingling about turned out to be jaguar.I love cats to begin with and have always been drawn to them,but found it curious that it was this in particular.What does this animal represent?
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Re: Jaguar totem?

Wed, November 14, 2007 - 4:28 PM
    A symbol of power, mastery over all the dimensions.
    To the Tucano Indians of the Amazon the roar of the jaguar was the roar of thunder. the black panther was the god of darkness who could cause eclipses by swallowing the sun.
    the Arawak Indians say that everything has jaguar. Nothing exists without it. it is the tie to all life and all manifestations of life....
    The panther marks a new turn in the heroic path of those to whom it comes. It reflects more than just coming into one's power. Rather it reflects a reclaiming of that which was lost and an intimate connection with the great archetypal force behind it.
    From Ted Andrews Animal speak

Black panther came to me as a totem at the beginning of a period of great awakening and the start of a 7 year cycle some years ago. I hold her in the highest regard. By the way I recommend reading 'Secrets of the Talking Jaguar' by Martin Prechtel.

Fri, May 15, 2009 - 8:05 PM
    Jaguar is the physical embodiment of the spirit of the earth. It is the honest and direct expression of the divine mother's desire to travel out of her world and into the world of her creations; to govern and to love as a seperate entity and not just a behind the scenes creatrix. Jaguar lives at the cusp of individual being and unified existence: metaphorically speaking, it is the cat in the lap of the divine mother. Why Jaguar as opposed to another cat? Jaguar embodies balance. It is the perfect fusion of size, strength, and agility, never sacrificing one dimension in favor of another. Also, Jaguar lives alone, it is solitary, representing its strong desire to be in the presence of the divine mother (think meditation/contemplation). It abandons its solitude only for a mate or child (whom it raises to be the same), and to that mate or child only for a brief period before returning to solitude which is a statement of the divine value of such relationships. Jaguar is the angel guarding the gates to eden and is the most ruthless warrior of all cats crushing the skull of its prey with a single bite.

Thu, September 10, 2009 - 7:58 AM
    I have also been dreaming of Jaguars. A Black Jaguar keeps coming to me, to greet me and allows me to pet it. Last night two smoke trails were comming down from the sky, and upon impact this Black Jaguar appears. It's always the same cat and the first couple of times I was acually afraid. I'm have now idea why this is happening, But I do sense the Jaguar has great power.
    Ronnie-

Thu, September 10, 2009 - 10:05 AM
      Now that I read this I realize you're right! I had all my black panther dreams in the mid 90s when I was going through anxiety attacks because of religeous fear over my paranormal experiences. Also I was starting to question what the bible said on just about everything and realizing a lot of it didn't mesh with my own life and truth of what had happened throughout it. I was so afraid of going to hell for daring to have my own mind instead of being a mindless robot that had been taught that you have to give God your very will and have to let go of self. That's been the hardest concept for me to accept, that I can't make myself happy, that I have to give up everything, even my own mind! Not only was I questioning concepts, but realities. It was the most painful awakening that took several years and I still cringe when I turn on the radio or open the bible and see "LOSE YOURSELF TO GOD OR ELSE!" but I remind myself of what I've learned and quiet those accusing voices. The panther killed the snake of fear and lies in my dream, and the kittens of desire stayed safe on their shelves.

Thu, September 10, 2009 - 2:25 PM
        Sorry to pry, but were your paranormal experiences ET in nature? This is what opened my eyes.
        Ronnie

Thu, September 10, 2009 - 10:41 PM
          It's not prying...and yes, some of them were, but some were spirit being related.

Fri, September 11, 2009 - 5:20 AM
            Thank you for getting back. My life was saved by what I would consider a spirit being at the moment of death some 18 years ago, this being was of pure energy with no defined form. The being put me back in my body and made all of the horrible pain go away. The ET's didn't appear to me until a year and a half ago.

I have often felt alone and wandered what the hell am I doing here. Standing outside of culture can be a scary place, but it's reassuring when I run in to people with similar experiences. One thing for sure is that I would rather stand alone than run around my entire life with my eyes closed.

Ronnie

Recent topics in "Totems and Power Animals"