Advertisement

Romancing Venus in Capricorn

topic posted Fri, September 12, 2008 - 5:18 AM by  Mona
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hi all,
I was wondering if any of you had any good advice on how one can best approach a Venus in Capricorn man. I know the road will be long and hard, and a bit icy too at first. But there must be some strategies one can use to (slowly) get ahead?
posted by:
Mona
Norway
Advertisement
  • Re: Romancing Venus in Capricorn

Fri, September 12, 2008 - 6:16 AM
    Hey Mona!

My personal advice to ya is - be competent, be somewhat responsible, avoid being too immature, have a sense of humor, be sincere, respect yourself (venus in caps love someone they can respect - huge turn on), be patient, take it slow, and most of all don't get discouraged.

I agree with you that the road to a venus caps heart is a bit long and a little icy, but if you can manage in some capacity to brighten up his day (some caps are plagued with depressive moods), and prove to him you'll stick around (some caps are only interested in someone who is able to show a strong level of commitment), i think you'll find he'll take you more seriously - which is a good thing.

*Fact* Capricorns have a wonderful sense of humor, this of-course applies to Venus caps, so if the object of your affection starts throwing a few jokes your way, it may be a sign he's already warmed up to you.*

my 2 cents.
  • This post was deleted by Drink Me

Fri, September 12, 2008 - 7:19 AM
    This article i found should be of some help.

astrology.about.com/od/venus...usCap.htm

Fri, September 12, 2008 - 11:31 AM
      Thanks Mary :) I loved the article and greatly appreciated your response. And you're right: dependable, responsible, classy, and never immature - that's a good way to start. But I wonder - what signs should I look for as to whether or not he may actually be interested?

Mon, September 15, 2008 - 2:36 AM
        Hi Mona, my personal guess would be this: if he smiles at you, makes more eye contact with you or talks to you even a bit more than with other people, you're on your way up in his books. I have no personal experience with a male Cap Venus, so I'm just trying to imagine. Also maybe if he actually asks you anything that might smack of a personal interest or offers to help you with something... These things you might have to feel out and follow your intuition but I'm sure with that load of Scorpio you have in your chart, that will not be a problem! Good luck to you!

Thu, June 25, 2009 - 1:19 PM
    My hunny is a Cap with his Venus in Cap.

It is hard to get past the careful icy surface to the solid earth below
    But it is fact that after you are buried to a certain point in earth..... the temperature remains safe and constant.

To that place of emotion, sharing and values comes cap weaknesses are being reserved and fearful of disappointment/rejection. Caps in general fear failure most. Not to expansive and prone to melancholoy. Makes then a rescuer because they like solving problems but it can get rough if they take on your problems and then feel resentful or used. But their love is deep, stable, defnite and solid
    Worth trying to thaw or chip thru!!

An earthy venus ooooozes sex appeal! Men with a cap venus desire classic beauty, a traditional partner that can preferably play "corporate wife". Their emotional well being in romance is all about SECURITY.

If this person give you their time at all it is probable they are interested.

But depends on the sun sign.
    Is that earth just becoming slushy mud in too much water?
    Compressed earth Hard as stone (tho that is also the definition of a diamond)?
    Scorched earth (it can give a fire sign some real staying power tho!)?
    Dust blown in your eyes?

Be careful of "strategy" , if it is a facade or behavior you cannot permanently keep. Cap tendencies are not much for change. And if he feels duped because you falter in that desired behavior? He'll drop you like a hot pan! Even if he has just said "lets get married " 24 hours before!

And also your "strategy" if you are going to use strong traits; must embrace his whole chart since other planets may swing his venus around into the hedges!

The nature of capricorns kinda ruins shortcuts. What is his sun sign? As slow and rough as you describe puts in mind earth or fire. Like Caps, Virgos, Scorpios and maybe cautious Sag or Picean.
    And they are not usually playas. Romance is serious business with a concrete end result or not worth their bother.

I am a Libra with a Cap. WE are double air/double earth but share a Leo Moon. Both our charts are fire heavy.
    • Unsu...

Re: Romancing Venus in Capricorn

Sat, August 22, 2009 - 12:51 PM
      I guess then I should stop worrying about the intensely personal nature of my venus cap lover.

His sun is a sag/ scop cusp, asc aqua, mars in aries, and moon and merc in scorp.

Recently, he came over to meet my parents! I was so nervous. He introduces me to all of his friends, and always takes me out. He told me he was falling for me... From what I've read, I guess that doesn't drop out of every Venus in cap mouth with ease... !

I really like that he is patient and doesn't try to force me into a demanding relationship. He says he is following my lead, and I really enjoy that. I'm not used to someone as patient or respectful of my feelings as he is. He is also older by 12 years, which could enhance the maturity of his style, but regardless, I am pleasantly intrigued! We talk and talk for hours, go for walks - I'm very happy.

My sun, merc and mars is in Virgo, moon in scorp, and venus in leo. My venus is progressed to virgo at the moment too, which works for this relationship!

His Venus is in the 12 H, does anyone think that this would cause him to be extra sensitive?

Tue, August 25, 2009 - 1:17 PM
        Your Fella seems to be exhibiting all of his Scorp influences more.
        Venus Caps do fall late in love and go for younger or older mates in stereotype.

His cusp is more dependent on degrees between signs that the day date. 19 to 23 is pretty much it in most circles. Some only 3 days.

Sag is usually gunshy about the comittment and kinda equate "love with "good sex". Hopefully his giving you "space' isn't simply to keep his own need for it a secret.
        My BBF in the whole world next to my Hunny is a Sag. In and out of love seems weekly! Sincere every time! Took them to HIS mother. Every one a dismal blowup before a third month could pass.
        Course factors were ALL his planets were between 12th and 3rd house with a Libran Asc making him even flightier

Aquarians are usually a slow go too- but quirky fun dates. They can be kinda secretive.. yours will have tons of secrets with all that Scorpio to handle. They want independent partner and "me Space".
        Hopefully the intense loyal Scorpio weight with that steady Venus in earth will make him a great match for you!

You should to a synastry chart too

And be not alarmed... for it is more than just two or three things that can make or break it all. Intesity though.. is not the Cap part. Teh gentlemanly aspects and slow forward progress are.

Hopefully your intense and loyal shared scorpio moons can anchor you to something tangible!

Fri, November 11, 2011 - 6:30 PM
          Mona, you said "I know the road will be long and hard' and I gotta say....I hear ya, sista! I am currently madly in love with a Venus in Cap/Scorp Sun man.... I've just begun my astro-research. I wanted to share this from the amazing Mindfire site:

"
          VENUS
          Venus is the second sphere through which solar power passes on its way outward through the solar system. Yet from our point of view on earth, Venus is the first planet on the inside of our orbit going towards the sun. As such Venus represents the drive inward toward center, which meets the out-surging solar flow.

While Mercury represents meeting experience at the level of the mind, Venus refers to the inner value we give experience at the feeling-level. It is often said that Venus is the planet of love and attraction, but it can just as well be the planet of hate and repulsion, according to the inner value we give to certain experiences. Venus' loves and aversions draw us into some experiences, and pull us away from others. Those we enter into provide the substance for our inner growth and fulfillment.

Ideally, Venus represents harmony, for if we are attuned with our inner being, we naturally attract what will help develop and fulfill us. This meshing of a need with what will answer it is the true harmony Venus symbolizes. Venus can thus be a symbol of all harmonious relationships, of beauty, and of our need to give and receive appreciation.

But when the Venus function becomes deviated by insecurity, it can negatively refer to self-indulgence, narcissism, inappropriate emotional frivolity and unrealistic demands for love or luxury.

Leyla Rael

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VENUS IN CAPRICORN
          Keynote: Affections are serious but restrained.

Symbol: A beautiful woman buttons herself into an old-fashioned dress.

Although Venus is in many ways agreeably situated in Capricorn, people born with this configuration have some very contradictory impulses to resolve. Much depends on whether the higher or lower side of the combination prevails. If Saturn’s chill hardens the heart and restricts the Venusian capacity for love, then this position can betray the calculating ambition of one who marries for money and trades on sentiment for the sake of personal gain. A need to fortify the ego by surrounding it with possessions of demonstrable value crushes the tender emotions of Venus under the wheels of the Capricornian drive for power. Sexual inhibitions may grow out of fears instilled by strict social taboos, or there may be a rather mechanical approach to sex in which erotic techniques are substituted for the simple capacity to love.

When well aspected, Venus in Capricorn is loyal, trustworthy, and steadfast. Feelings may be more profoundly experienced as a result of being held in reserve and not wasted in casual demonstrations of affection. Sometimes a desire for security, combined with a fear of being rebuffed, delays marriage and tempers ardor with caution. One way or another, love is hedged round with practical considerations. The necessity for restraint, although frustrating in youth, pays unexpected dividends as the years pass. Saturn needs time to mellow before it can show itself at its best.

Men of this type tend to be self-abnegating and their romantic impulses are subordinated to their professional duties. Such men wed for a variety of practical reasons but, in reality, their first love is their work. Often their wives help them in their business, a practice which may benefit both marriage and career.

In the lives of immature people or of those driven mainly by physical appetites, this blending of influences can have a coarsening effect. Venus panders to the senses while Saturn hardens the ego, intensifying the materiality of an earth planet in an earth sign. For mature individuals, this same position can be remarkably productive. It gives a sense of order and proportion which contributes to the success of their endeavors in whatever field they make their own. If a thing is to be done at all, they will take the time and care to see that it is done right.

Venus in Capricorn translates personal affections into emotional discipline. True love must have time to grow. It endures patiently, suffers uncomplainingly, and remains faithful to the finish. Ultimately, this abiding devotion justifies all the vicissitudes of a life lived for others, and serves as an example of the highest moral precepts held forth by the teachers of the race.

Sun in Scorpio / Venus in Capricorn

This links the deep intensity and passion of Scorpio with the cool calculation of Capricorn. Here are people who will get what they want, but may not consider a partner's feelings carefully or sympathetically. They are demanding friends who will encourage others in their ambitions. Ruthlessness in all areas of life must be countered. Business - and moneymaking abilities are excellent. "

mindfire.ca/The%20Planet...Capricorn.htm

Recent topics in "Venus in Capricorn"