Advertisement

Marijuana and Voices

topic posted Mon, June 2, 2008 - 9:56 AM by  Tree
Share/Save/Bookmark
Does anyone else hear voices just when they've smoked weed? I smoked some pot the other night and I could understand what the animals outside were saying. I was also receiving messages from the music we were listening to. I usually only hear voices when other sounds are present, rarely are they out of the blue. But when they are out of the blue I receive the message more clearly. For instance I heard my friends voice from his house which happened to be about tow miles away from where I live. The voice asked me to come over, so I drove over there to find a bowl with a little "Enjoy" card next to it. At first I was hesitant to smoke but then little voices in the back of my head were like, "Don't be afraid." So I smoked and then started hearing voices pulling me outside to the shopping center nearby. I also began to hear the creek and trees talking to me as I walked, telling me I was doing a, "Good job." Sadly to say I was institutionalized again several days after this episode. I just got out and started smoking weed again the other night, there is a definite possibility I could be heading into the institution again shorlty.
posted by:
Tree
Charlotte
Advertisement
  • Re: Marijuana and Voices

Fri, June 6, 2008 - 5:40 PM
    It's probably not everyday that someone can get on here while hearing voices and try to explain what's going on, but I thought I'd give it a go. I'm listening to Perpetual Groove right now and the Voices have temporarily gone away, how weird. No, they are back. They are usually either a reflection of the thought that I'm thinking or an answer to a question I have. Like if i think, "Who am I?" I got the answer, "Don't think, 'Who you are?'" But sometimes, just sometimes they are smarter and wittier than I am and have nothing to do with what I'm thinking. Like earlier one of them said, "You're a Leprechaun." That one came out of no where. Sure people have told me I'm a Leprechaun before (Well really just one guy), but I'm 6'2" and I don't think I'm a Leprechaun. Explain that one. Now the voices are trying to Explain that one to me. That is hilarious, "It started alright (my name)......" And this isn't the first time I've heard something like this before, when I came to the conclusion that I was in fact the messiah (sort of, but not really, at least I don't think this right now) there were voices that were kinda like fight club and they said, "Rule number one....Don't tell anyone.....rule number two.....don't tell anyone.....rule number three...." and then it cuts off transmission. But those are some of the voices I'll never forget from the last time I tripped mushrooms.

PS- I know I'm crazy and not in fact the Messiah. Thanks for reading.
    • D
      D
      online 136

Re: Marijuana and Voices

Sat, June 21, 2008 - 3:48 PM
      yes marijuana facilitates voices in me also.
      whether you are under treatment or not let us know how you are doing
      i'd like to think we are not here to judge only to listen and to share experiences and i think that is important for voice hearers
      but be safe and much love, Jatre

Thu, June 26, 2008 - 11:38 AM
        yeah they put me on abilify and lamictal. i hate taking pharmies but i think i have to. just to let you know, the voices aren't a problem, it's the delusions that get me. thinking I'm some cross between jesus, frodo, gandalf, the wizard of oz and spiderman. it's one hell of a trip. i would really love it if someone could change the psychiatric institution to be more like "the village" where they just fenced in all the crazy people and fed us psychedelic drugs. that is my idea of heaven.

I would also like to somehow get the delusions under control, you'd think someone as smart as me would be able to control delusional thoughts, but for some reason they are part of the package right now. I would really love to study the voices and I'm not able to as well when I am delusional. There was a time while I was working and I could speculate on what the voices were. I felt as if they were coming from the fairies I see, and I was able to carry on mini conversations with them. I could ask them who they were and if they told me to do something, I could ask them why they wanted me to do this? I also felt as if I can communicate with plants and animals. Lastly I feel as if the voices come from the singular consciousness we all exist on. Like the voices are vibrations from a higher level that my psychosis and prevalent use of hallucinogens opened me up to. I don't know, but I like them.
        • D
          D
          online 136

Thu, June 26, 2008 - 2:19 PM
          it sounds like you have it under control, glad to hear that - at least so much as you can. I intended this to be a support group for voice hearers so feel free to post if you want or send direct message to me if you feel the need. I just got out of a month long hospital stay myself diagnosed with MS and went from taking only zyrtec and prilosec to a million pills now so I know how you feel. It has been my first "bad day" since coming home last Friday but things are better right now.
          And what you have learned and will learn from your experiences in this life will help others also, some who might be reluctant to speak publicly but are reading these posts nontheless.
          peace

Sun, November 2, 2008 - 1:44 PM
            Hi All!
            Sorry I don't post here much, but this last year I have seen a bit of a halt on hearing voices.
            I have noticed also with MJ that I am hearing things now, but my friends and I are hearing musical tones, elusive ones.
            And not "regular" musical tones, it's like that of what we hear when we do Shamanic work, what we hear in the different realms.
            Veils are thinning, indeed.

Peace to you all
            ~Natalyn
            • D
              D
              online 136

Sun, November 2, 2008 - 4:39 PM
              Mary Jane is a Muse
              • Unsu...

Sun, November 2, 2008 - 5:13 PM
                Jatre, you would be a great person to have a conversation with, I used to think that when someone said they heard voices that they were completely loony until I started hearing them myself, and I learned that if you just listen to them they can actually help you, I couldn't understand my voices at first because I had so many of my own thoughts bouncing every damn where, but when i smoked weed, it became so clear that i could right them down and even remember some things they said before, but you can go over board with weed, I just learned that the hard way a few days ago, but thanks for sharing your experience! : )

Sun, December 7, 2008 - 12:53 AM
              hi yall~

been awhile since i check this tribe. anyhoo hope alls well.

so i just wanna ring in here about mj and voices.

well gotta say that i am mostly sober and clear... on the advise of a medicine woman i worked with in regards to the voices and the other experiences beyond the typical... clear and sober... to see clearly thru the veil of illusions.

btw... the voices are still present... to less degree than before and more manageable.

anyhooo thats my 1 cent into the mix

best...
              bless...
              bliss...

~1il

Recent topics in "Voice Hearers"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
11/11/2013 onlineD 0 November 11, 2013
Meaningful Conversations onlineD 0 October 13, 2013
High Writing Tree 0 June 15, 2013
Grandma Angel Say Wha? onlineD 0 October 11, 2012