Advertisement

Sound play

topic posted Sun, September 11, 2005 - 3:58 PM by 
Share/Save/Bookmark
Anyone do it? Like it? Read a reference about it again recently and although in the past I have been resistant to it now I find myself less so and more curious to possibly find someone to introduce me to the play
posted by:
Advertisement
  • Re: Sound play

Sun, September 11, 2005 - 5:23 PM
    Be very careful who you play with. You can cause permanent damage with sounds unless you know what you are doing.

Domina

Sun, September 11, 2005 - 5:40 PM
      Insertable

Thanks Domina for the warning, that is what I imagined

Sun, September 11, 2005 - 9:38 PM
        I had a lover/submissive who said he wanted to try sounds play. As I do before I begin any new form of play, especially edgeplay, i took a quick class. I wanted to make sure I got all the ins and outs (pun intended) regarding technique, safety, tools & materials, and everything that would be involved. Like all other forms of edgeplay, or any other play for that matter, if not done right, sounding can lead to some pretty serious complications, which I know I don't need to get into here. I also wanted to make sure I was just plain ol' "doin' it right," and not just jammin' a metal rod down his dick...

Suffice to say, my darling sub worked his way up from a Hegar #7&8 to a #9 in no time, although he never could take the business end of a #10 (but he tried). Sounding got his cock harder than any blowjob I could ever give him, or almost any of our other edgeplay. He said it put him into his must submissive state, to let me have such erotically cruel control of his manhood, and I could maneuver the sounds in him for what seemed like hours...

Yummy...

Definitely worth trying, with a partner is more fun, and get instruction. And good lube (non-water-soluble)...

Sun, September 11, 2005 - 9:58 PM
          this, and CBT make it so clear to me that I will never be a bottom.

<<<<shudder>>>>.

But, if one of my girls wanted to explore sounds play on her, sounds like fun!

Tue, September 13, 2005 - 8:54 PM
            <this, and CBT make it so clear to me that I will never be a bottom.>

LOL that is so funny I hadnt even thought of it in role terms, I guess it is typically a bottom activity I was just thinking of it in a new kink manner. Although I dont do CBT either definitely too bottom for me

Wed, September 14, 2005 - 12:35 AM
    I do sound play from time to time and I love it. I started out with some pretty risky stuff, ie Sharpie marker and once, a girls gloved pinky finger. Lucky for me, no permanent harm ever came of it.

Nowadays, I have some titanium sounds that I made and have even used a catheter made for horses. I'm far more particular about cleanliness than I've been in the past. But I still take risks that I wouldn't recommend others take. For instance, I usually clean equipment with a hospital grade disinfectant followed by a tap water rinse. If I had access to an autoclave, that's far more acceptable.

Do keep in mind that it's very easy to damage tissues in the ureathra. They aren't used to contact with solid objects. Your best strategy for getting started with sounds is to play with somebody who has proper medical experience/training. At the very least, find somebody who has a history of sound play with no mishaps. When inserting a sound, use sterile lube. The sound should be fresh from an autoclave bag. And never force it in. Proper technique is to insert the sound into a flaccid cock and let its own weight slide it in.

I find that even when it's particularly gentle, it hurts to pee for a day or two after sound play. That might even be a sign that I'm doing something wrong. Or it could be because I like the sensation of having my ureathra stretched. On the bright side, I only do it once or twice a year. So far I've had no complications beyond the day after discomfort.
  • Unsu...

Re: Sound play

Wed, September 14, 2005 - 8:11 AM
    I do sounds, I do them to myself, I've had close partners top me and I top others, both girls and boys.

Yes girls there are sounds that fit you too. Have you ever had you g-spot massaged from the inside or didn't you thing that the ureathral sponge was attached to the ureatha? One friend literally shot the sound out when she came!

Here are things to look for when playing with sounds.

An autoclave. Sounds must be very, very clean. Urinary tract infections are not fun and if you're a girl with a history of UTIs don't do sounds.

Individual packets of sterile lube.

Gloves and sterile procedures.

Using a clean hand and a dirty hand.

No pain. This is not a pain thing until someone wants to became a size queen!

Pee after playing.

Frank Strona, a long time gay male leather educator gives a course from time to time called "fucking dick". Find it or find someone who has. It was excellent.

Guys, when you get very adventerous, combine a TENS electrified sounds with an electrified butt plug. I've not done this YET but friends swear every pulse forces cum out.

Hugs and kisses,

RD

Wed, September 14, 2005 - 9:37 AM
      Fuck yeah! I love electricity. I'm dying to try combining sound play with electricity.

Sun, September 18, 2005 - 1:54 PM
        I have had sounds used on me by an expert (MJ). He also used electricity--a blu band behind my cock and balls, an alligator clip attached to the end of the sound.

I found the sensations intense, interesting, and fun (anything MJ does to me is bound to be fun!) I did not rush right out to buy a set of sounds, but wouldn't mind if they got used on me again some time.
        • Unsu...

Sun, September 18, 2005 - 10:41 PM
          Any of you use the tuning forks?

Sun, September 18, 2005 - 10:42 PM
            tuning forks? piqued interest
            • Unsu...

Sun, September 18, 2005 - 11:14 PM
              They are the traditionalmetal medical tuning forks that can be screwed into the protruding end of the sound and when struck vibrate for quite awhile.
          • Unsu...

Mon, September 19, 2005 - 9:09 AM
            Yup, I use tuning forks with male and female sound play.
            You can also use them with knife play and needle play as well.
            Your imagination is the limit.
            The tuning fork is easier to carry than the electrical equipment when you want to cut down on your bag or for travel.
            Also they are not as scary for someone trying something new instead of lighting them up with electricity. I use it as a middle medium to work them up to the electricity. It's also a good starter medium if the top wants to give extra stimulation with the sounds but, wants to learn more about electricity before trying it.
            The Madame V
            Partner to Sir Wolf G
            Mistress to Slave Dusty
            • Unsu...

Mon, September 19, 2005 - 1:25 PM
              opps I was speaking of musical tuning forks, not the medical kind.
              • Unsu...

Tue, September 20, 2005 - 9:13 AM
                Also along the lines of vibrations, there are various types of vibrating sounds too. I've not done them but a close female friend has a set so it won't be long.

Hugs and kisses,

RD

Sun, November 20, 2005 - 7:09 PM
    I have used sounds on my husband for years. The best advice I can give you is to haul you and whomever to the nearest recommended professional or teacher in this area of expertise for a lesson. If you know a kinky nurse, you are soooo lucky.

My favorite source for these is Chase Union. Lots of incredibly down to earth information there.

You must know what you are doing before you do this. Understand how vastly different Van Burens are from other sounds, realize that sligtly curved 'sounds' are often dialators intended for the cervix. Grab on to straight sounds and don't let them hit bottom with their own weight especially if they don't have a widened handle end.

To be perfectly honest, I don't use an autoclave, although I have a dry autoclave. I boil them and use alcohol.

I cleanse the area with Benzalkonium Choride swipes, and
    lubricate with sterile surgilube is single use packets or prefilled luer syringes, and gloves of course.

Never force a size larger than will comfortably slip inside unless the bottom has expressly decided to body modify. Tearing of the urethra creates scar tissue. It does not 'stretch'. Stuffers expand their capacity with repeated tearing and scaring.

I find that even though the sets are only a few dollars more expensive at times then the individual sounds, if you're urethra is very small, you are never going to use more than one or two of the set, if the smallest sound EVEN fits at all.

Be a bit careful with vibration, the nerves are fairly sensitive to overstimulation, and you can cause loss of feeling for an extended period of time. Very light vibration is sometimes pleasant I'm told. I often strap a vibrator to my hand as I hold the sound.

Metal sounds should never be ice cold or burning hot, this is really delicate tissue.

Conductive silicone or metal sounds should be used with caution. You really do not want to fry someone this way and the resistence is fairly unpredictable.

Try a a sterile catheter to size yourself, learn the counters and necking down areas of the path. Use a self cathetar to learn to push pass the spincter to the bladder where the prostate rests. But exercise extreme caution. I'm still extraordinarily timid about pushing past the urethral spinchter.

All that said, I love to dominate this way, and the sight of a man stuffing is hot hot hot....

Sun, November 20, 2005 - 7:15 PM
      Sorry folks, I really should preview and edit posts more carefully. Yikes. Someone spank me quick!!

Recent topics in "BDSM"