Advertisement

The Future Of Zoroastrianism

topic posted Sat, April 25, 2009 - 2:11 PM by  Z
Share/Save/Bookmark
Zoroaster (Zarathushtra) clearly wanted others to think about what he came to realize through his many years considering the Divine.

Was he a prophet demanding confirmity to what 'the prophet of God says'?

Was he a 'thought provoker', asking others to consider what - through careful considererations - he found considering the Divine?

Did he declare the faith was to be strickly an ethnic one?

In this current era, where Zoroastrians are becoming fewer, isn't it time to get back the Gathas of Zoroaster and find every good possible there and share it with anyone who may be interested?
posted by:
Z
offline Z
Atlanta
Advertisement
  • Z
    Z
    offline 86

Re: The Future Of Zoroastrianism

Sat, April 25, 2009 - 2:22 PM
    Myself, the concept of 'good thoughts, words and deeds', has really helped me with my struggle against deppresion. It's the focus, if you let your thoughts swirl in negative your mood will thus be negative - if you let your thoughts swirl in positive your mood will be more positive.

As a principle at least - theres chemical imbalances ect. to consider too - but changing your focus can have a powerfully dramatic effect upon your mood and thus your well-being.
    • This post was deleted by (unknown)
    • Z
      Z
      offline 86

Mon, May 4, 2009 - 11:00 AM
      Zoroastrianism I think needs to be a combination word by definition, denoting the religion and the ethnic based culture of the traditional ones through decendants.
    • Unsu...

Mon, May 4, 2009 - 11:28 PM
      In my experience, the best cure for depression is laughter. Not that fake laughter I sometimes see people trying to force out. In those instances people are just lying to themselves. I mean true laughter that comes from a friend or a good comedian or a funny piece of writing. The next best thing is some form of physical exercise. A walk is ideal but a swim or a game of basketball or anything where there's body movement and exercise.

As far as using Zoroastrianism against depression sticking to the good mind is an effective tool. To me the good mind is what ever makes the soul feel good. My way of sticking to the good mind aka Vohu Manah is to make new friends, always try to be nice, do things I find fun, read a good book (The Art of Happiness is a decent one) and remain both positive and optimistic. Also planning a good future is effective since it gives you hope.
      • Z
        Z
        offline 86

Tue, May 5, 2009 - 1:59 PM
        When applied properly the practice of 'good thoughts' would help with depression. Replacing one good thought for every bad your mood would level out - if you replace two positive for each negative there would be a mood uplift if continually applied.
        • Unsu...

Tue, May 5, 2009 - 2:51 PM
          Well it's not a matter of simple arithmetic. How good those thoughts make you feel is important too. Also, are they intelligent thoughts? Zarathustra is considered by many to be one of the greatest thinkers of all time. As followers we should think in the most intelligent way possible.
          • Z
            Z
            offline 86

Sun, January 24, 2010 - 5:06 AM
            That's one thing I like about the faith, like the description of the tribe. Also Zoroaster speaks of the way to happiness.

Thinking inteligently - happy - good - could change the world. No wonder it was one of the biggest faiths of the ancient world. It's cool the sacred fire still burns.

One of the books that helped me reckognize and change the cognitive distoritions that I had a habit of swirling around my thoughts (this affected my mood making me depressed) is called "Feeling Good". Your post Nima reminded of that - I wish you would consider rejoining.

Recent topics in "Zoroastrians of the World"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
We Are Here, Post Your Topic Z 0 April 9, 2010
The big LIE Unsubscribed 1 July 12, 2009
FIRST TOPIC Vladan 1 June 18, 2009
Our Ethics and Morals Unsubscribed 1 April 11, 2009
Heavy Metal Hur Mazda song Unsubscribed 3 March 29, 2009